Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Hi just went police yesterday.. Now on bail but I didn't assist ls. I just return what they ask me to and they force loan one me. So now I am on bail. Asking to report back next two week. Want to ask anything will happen??
My wife kana before and pls pm me for more info thanks

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Why
y in the first place you will be will be on bail. Definitely assist them in trf money or you runner?
Yup LS force transfer money into the account and ask demand you to trasfer back the money to certain account
Consider is assisting the LS

Omgshilife

Reaction score
Why in the first place you will be will be on bail. Definitely assist them in trf money or you runner?

I not runner and didn't agree to lent them acc. They loan me money force me to defer and also been quite a big mass but was last year thing. . Now than they call me up.
I just pureply thought I was transfer the money they want for defer or clear

seowliao

Reaction score
Yes! We need to see more arrests in Malaysia!

Straits Times just took this article from Malaysia paper, they still don't know the difference between loan shark and loan scam. This is our moment, call up the media and let them know the difference and the tricks and fear tactics of the loan scammers. Let their tricks be known and their scam go to zero.

very true bro...SPF and the Malaysian Polis must work hand in hand to bring more of these scammers down !!! These are menace to our society

seowliao

Reaction score
had been repeating this..you can dont take our advice.
If you suspect you have been scammed..make a polis report immediately.
If you have been invited for coffee by the polis instead, cause along the way somehow traced to your account, it will be a different story.

Siaosiao12345

Reaction score
had been repeating this..you can dont take our advice.
If you suspect you have been scammed..make a polis report immediately.
If you have been invited for coffee by the polis instead, cause along the way somehow traced to your account, it will be a different story.

Just got another call from unknown number. They use private numbers to call so u cannot block them

nurf11

Reaction score
Call 999 immediately then Yr IO. The spf will come ASAP. They will call the town council to clean up once they take all the evidence that is required. Have u install cctv?

U didn't block their no?

Yes i install cctv already.

Nope, i didnt block their number yet. Should i? Coz i dont want them to call my workplace or NOK.

Now they are calling me using Private number and msging me.

😪😥

Kekasihhati

Reaction score
Yes i install cctv already.

Nope, i didnt block their number yet. Should i? Coz i dont want them to call my workplace or NOK.

Now they are calling me using Private number and msging me.

😪😥

You have totell your NOK and workplace about it and tell them ignore their calls. If ls dont have anyone to scare, they will stop. Ignore them. Ive been there and done that.

Siaosiao12345

Reaction score
You have totell your NOK and workplace about it and tell them ignore their calls. If ls dont have anyone to scare, they will stop. Ignore them. Ive been there and done that.

Yes, they also use unknown number to call me. Io suggest to block and ignore. Don’t communicate with them

Neverlearn86

Reaction score
Today my first day stop paying 2 LS . So far no call or sms received .

andylau78

Reaction score
You confusing people lah about don't trust anyone here.

At least trust our advice here..😁😁😁

Who know maybe you are loan shark undercover here ? Infernal affairs. Just joking. Not everyone is what they are portrayed here. Encourage people trust police only. The safest route.

andylau78

Reaction score
Hi all, have been reading the posts so far and feel very encouraged. I am going to block one LS who I already made defer payment more than what was loaned. So I believe they will not harrass me as the amount is small.

But there is one more, he loaned me $750 and defer $250, otherwise pay $1000 to close account. Should I just pay back what he has loaned then block him? I have only made 1 defer payment so far.

Appreciate any advice thanks!

Faster go make police report. Once you transferred back, you are considered as helping loan shark because the account you bank in is another victim. You are helping loan shark forcing loan to the victim.

mclazy

Reaction score
3 weeks ago, i browse a ‘so called’ licensed money lender from the website. Then, I approach the number that given on the website and provide my detail ( work pass , address, account number & work place ). Then, after discussion..they gave me 1k trial loan. After that, I went to mlaw.gov.sg to check whether this company is legit licensed money company and i found out this company is not on the list. So , I tell them I did not want the loan. After few hours, I found out that they forced to deposit into my account. Then, I went to bank and revert back the amount to the particular account and lodge a police report plus changed new contact number. They started to call my office to harrass.. and I did explain my situation to my superior. They also assisting me by not answer any unknown call. Till last week, money has been successful reverted back to the particular account and harrass call/message also reduce. This whole week got no harrass call/sms/Whatapp at all.

What my IO told me are :-
1) Change new contact number
2) block or don’t answer any unknown number
3) change new bank account
4) install CCTV
5) be alert to any suspicious person around ur house area
6) inform ur company about ur situation
7) DO NOT PAY ANYTHING IF U BEING SCAM & LET BANK HANDLE

Spidie

Reaction score
Can block unknown number. You just set unknown to your contacts and put silent or blocked. Then you forever won't be receiving the call already. This is what I do.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

green72

Reaction score
Who know maybe you are loan shark undercover here ? Infernal affairs. Just joking. Not everyone is what they are portrayed here. Encourage people trust police only. The safest route.
I can vouch I'm not. You need to read part 1 of this thread to see I was scam too and asked for help.

But I do try to read here often to see who might actually be wolf in sheep disguise. This is on top of encouraging new victims to stop the harassment.

I'm all for "Don't pay" at all camp and make LS poor.

Yes, making a police report is one, but there are steps victims need to take to protect themselves 360°. I was successful in stopping the harassment. Sharing my experience only.

There are tell tale signs runners and LS reading here and posting but how I know, I cannot share.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
For victims,

Always make a Police report first. Don't transfer back funds, even forced loan. I know you want to get rid of the ill-gotten money immediately and "settle" with them. Also Stop paying defer. You can be implicated by the Police if you transfer money to the account given by the LS.

Better, put the money to good use. Use it to treat family to a simple meal rather than feed the LS.

Get advice from I/O and request bank to settle(need not be transfer back), show bank the Police report, let bank handle.

Share your problem with your family. No choice, need their support for mental strength.

Install CCTV, get a permit from Town Council area office near your unit. Use Police report as evidence. Install ASAP.

Block all numbers unfamiliar to you and your NOK that you gave number to LS.

Inform your workplace immediate superior of your problem and highlight to them harassment phone calls will happen. Advise them to make police report. Also prepare mentally to be terminated.

Then, wait it out. Do have rest and eat well as you need all the strength to muster during this period. Put aside the guilt feeling, don't punish yourself further. Concentrate on the task at hand.

Be prepared to make that important 999 call if harassment happened at your place.

Continue to wait it out, soon it will be over once they cannot squeeze money from you. Don't be too bothered about the LS threats, all empty. If they splash paint or whatever, it's normally one off. FYI, they need to pay runners good money to do their dirty work. Runners always get caught within a few days to a month.So many CCTV in public place, cannot escape. And 3 strokes of the cane is confirm one.

To add, the LS that I was involved with, lost $1k trying to scam me. Bank did not transfer back to the account send from. Too bad...their loss.✌ I make this thread as my battleground fighting them.We need more people to join in the fight.

PS: I don't feel tired repeating this a thousand times.😁😁

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.