Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Devil9398

Reaction score
To All,

Spent 3hrs reading through all the posts. Wished I had read these b4 kena scammed.

Mine was that their bank acct got frozen after I xfer the money. So now they asking for 10k when i originally only received 350 from them!
Tried speaking to them nicely for a lower payment but was constantly threatened and shouted at.

Wasnt able to sleep that's why looking for answers on9.

Will be making a police report 1st thing in the morning. Hopefully all turns out well.

Same tactic as mine one. Just ignore as I have checked with bank which itransfer money won’t cause the acc gt frozen

jjaeyy

Reaction score
Same tactic as mine one. Just ignore as I have checked with bank which itransfer money won’t cause the acc gt frozen

OMY to the police station to make the report. Hopefully these people will get caught and lock up forever.

Exploited our moment of weakness and dragged us into a bigger mess.

jjaeyy

Reaction score
Hey there!

Don’t have to pay them anything! Do not be afraid! It’s not your fault their acc got frozen. They just want to try their luck with you.

As usual follow the steps here, block them cut off contact with them and making a police report is wise choice.

Be brave, we had all been through this! We will be here! 😊

Yes. After reading through the posts, I understand now that these are common tactics they use. Just wished that I had came upon this forum earlier

Lozanoza

Reaction score
Just remember , be vigilant and report any suspicious activities around the area , be safe ;)

Yes. After reading through the posts, I understand now that these are common tactics they use. Just wished that I had came upon this forum earlier

CloudClau

Reaction score
To All,

Spent 3hrs reading through all the posts. Wished I had read these b4 kena scammed.

Mine was that their bank acct got frozen after I xfer the money. So now they asking for 10k when i originally only received 350 from them!
Tried speaking to them nicely for a lower payment but was constantly threatened and shouted at.

Wasnt able to sleep that's why looking for answers on9.

Will be making a police report 1st thing in the morning. Hopefully all turns out well.

you case is the same case as mine , my hse got splash n lock because they account got forzen after i transfer

green72

Reaction score
Police report made. NOK and company informed. Gg to install cctv. Now just hope for the best

Proud of you guys who take the initiative to turn your life around from these scums.

There will always be new victims. Mostly people who are not affected won't visit this thread.

Anyway, your life will turn to the better against these LS and their harassment.

Good Luck.

green72

Reaction score
Hopefully the ones I kena have more bark then bite. Sigh

Confirm bark only. If everyone is made aware that runners will be cane on top of fine and jail, these LS will have no manpower to harass.

The toughest of man will break when caned let alone runners who are ordinary people.

Anotherlap

Reaction score
Should inform your RC and Town Council and get a permit to install CCTV outside your home. With the images can give to the police who will be able to bail them with Facial Recognition nowsadays

jjaeyy

Reaction score
Should inform your RC and Town Council and get a permit to install CCTV outside your home. With the images can give to the police who will be able to bail them with Facial Recognition nowsadays

Install cctv need permit?

nitterbite

Reaction score
Just some advice for those who borrowed a small ammount from them. In my case borrowed 300-500 dollars each from 5 or 6 of them. What Ive seen is that there are two different types of ah long. One local and one overseas. For those of you who are trying to figure out what will happen if you dont pay up do not worry. Firstly for the local ones from my experience you stand a higher chance of getting harassed as they will be able to somehow get all of your noks details even if you havent given it to them. So do prepare to tell your parents or whoever who you think might get involved in this. So far for me nothing really happened at all and its been 5 or 6 months already except for one case. Where I borrowed 800 dollars from one of them and didnt pay up, guy contacted my dad and in the end all is settled paid back and no issues at all from him. So from what I see is that there might be one or two of them who actually stick to what you agreed to and wont bother asking for anymore then what you promised to pay.

Now for the overseas ones. They are a joke. They usally dont ask you for singpass or anything and just ask you for your parents numbers, gave them my own number for my spare phone and they actually belived it without checking. I didnt pay them and after awhole of calling me and me laughing at their accents, they just gave up.

Ultimately these are just my own experiences and it may or may not be what happens when you go and borrow from them. So do not worry and just be strong enough to leave your loans and debts to them in the past and keep moving on confidently. Never ever ever lend them your account to do any transfers or help them take pictures of peoples houses. I was lucky not to get hit with any of the problems which comes with bigger loan ammounts and played around with them. I am currently black listed from the local ones and one of them even sent me a screenshot of how their system looks like when you are blacklisted. If you want to see it just let me know and ill be more than happy to send it here hahahaha.

green72

Reaction score
To keep it simple, never borrow from UML or better known as Loan Shark. If already borrow and realise your mistake, stop paying.

Treat ALL UMLs the same. Follow ALL the steps given on previous posts to end the nightmare.

They do always play the "good cop, bad cop" acting.

They are labelled Loan Sharks for a reason. No such thing as honest or good loan sharks. They are a menace to our society taking advantage of those in financial crisis.

Need to eliminate them. For those in financial strain, there are ways to settle your legal debt. Borrow from LS is NOT the solution.

PM if you want to know the legal ways.

Just some advice for those who borrowed a small ammount from them. In my case borrowed 300-500 dollars each from 5 or 6 of them. What Ive seen is that there are two different types of ah long. One local and one overseas. For those of you who are trying to figure out what will happen if you dont pay up do not worry. Firstly for the local ones from my experience you stand a higher chance of getting harassed as they will be able to somehow get all of your noks details even if you havent given it to them. So do prepare to tell your parents or whoever who you think might get involved in this. So far for me nothing really happened at all and its been 5 or 6 months already except for one case. Where I borrowed 800 dollars from one of them and didnt pay up, guy contacted my dad and in the end all is settled paid back and no issues at all from him. So from what I see is that there might be one or two of them who actually stick to what you agreed to and wont bother asking for anymore then what you promised to pay.

Now for the overseas ones. They are a joke. They usally dont ask you for singpass or anything and just ask you for your parents numbers, gave them my own number for my spare phone and they actually belived it without checking. I didnt pay them and after awhole of calling me and me laughing at their accents, they just gave up.

Ultimately these are just my own experiences and it may or may not be what happens when you go and borrow from them. So do not worry and just be strong enough to leave your loans and debts to them in the past and keep moving on confidently. Never ever ever lend them your account to do any transfers or help them take pictures of peoples houses. I was lucky not to get hit with any of the problems which comes with bigger loan ammounts and played around with them. I am currently black listed from the local ones and one of them even sent me a screenshot of how their system looks like when you are blacklisted. If you want to see it just let me know and ill be more than happy to send it here hahahaha.

Last edited:

Dext3r

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m a foreigner working here in singapore for a few years now.I’m still young and the only breadwinner of the family. This last few weeks is really hard for me all of a sudden illness one of my parents was diagnose with illness. I needed money really bad so that I can support the medical bills. I tried to go to a legal loan however with the new singapore prohibition regarding foreigner loan all legal money lenders stop accepting loan from foreigners due to “no quota”. time is not on my side with desperation. I came a long to meet a loan shark via whatssup. I tried to ask how is the process of loan and somehow he manage to get my details and bank account. He stop replying and the following day he transferred money to may bank account $500. Informed me that I should pay $700 in the next few days. With a the problems im a facing then this incident happen.

It totally crushed me I cannot eat, sleep and work because of the incident. Then my payment day arrive and I still payed the $700 because of fear that my officemates gets harass leading for me to be send back home. After the payment I blocked & report the whatssup number of the loan shark. After 2 hours of blocking the loan shark number. I started to receive “Unknown caller” calls. Every time I receive a call I just press decline call. By tomorrow I would close my bank account and try to change to a new phone number. But up to this moment I’m still on shocked and fear of loosing a job. Sorry for being to explanatory I just want to share as I dont have anybody to talk and I cannot bring up this burden to my family and let them worry. But im really thankful thru this forum I gain strength and hope to overcome this problem. Hopefully loan shark would stop messaging me and dont pay me a visit whether in home/office.

If I may suggest when you receiving a message thru whatssup from a loan shark pls block and report them. By doing this little effort we are frustrating the loan shark’s because ones an account received a multiple report the whatssup admin would permanently ban the number and they would force to buy a new number

The next few days would be very hard as harassment would be more harder. I try to keep everybody updated.

Again thanks for all the help

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.