Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Bebe2019

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m a foreigner working here in singapore for a few years now.I’m still young and the only breadwinner of the family. This last few weeks is really hard for me all of a sudden illness one of my parents was diagnose with illness. I needed money really bad so that I can support the medical bills. I tried to go to a legal loan however with the new singapore prohibition regarding foreigner loan all legal money lenders stop accepting loan from foreigners due to “no quota”. time is not on my side with desperation. I came a long to meet a loan shark via whatssup. I tried to ask how is the process of loan and somehow he manage to get my details and bank account. He stop replying and the following day he transferred money to may bank account $500. Informed me that I should pay $700 in the next few days. With a the problems im a facing then this incident happen.

It totally crushed me I cannot eat, sleep and work because of the incident. Then my payment day arrive and I still payed the $700 because of fear that my officemates gets harass leading for me to be send back home. After the payment I blocked & report the whatssup number of the loan shark. After 2 hours of blocking the loan shark number. I started to receive “Unknown caller” calls. Every time I receive a call I just press decline call. By tomorrow I would close my bank account and try to change to a new phone number. But up to this moment I’m still on shocked and fear of loosing a job. Sorry for being to explanatory I just want to share as I dont have anybody to talk and I cannot bring up this burden to my family and let them worry. But im really thankful thru this forum I gain strength and hope to overcome this problem. Hopefully loan shark would stop messaging me and dont pay me a visit whether in home/office.

If I may suggest when you receiving a message thru whatssup from a loan shark pls block and report them. By doing this little effort we are frustrating the loan shark’s because ones an account received a multiple report the whatssup admin would permanently ban the number and they would force to buy a new number

The next few days would be very hard as harassment would be more harder. I try to keep everybody updated.

Again thanks for all the help

Stay stronger my dear, d next few days will be difficult but it will pass as long as u follow but as u r foreigner I won't be able to tell u how the rules be for u. But I like to suggest as I am sure u have given noks (next of kin) + office number to them, please inform them regards to this as they will start harassing Yr nok and office. Be upfront with them and explain to them u have been scammed. Show them your police report and pray and hope for the best. Times like this u will need support from your family, colleagues and Yr boss.

Install d call block apps on Yr hp and if possible Yr noks hp too.

Close all Yr social media for now and if possible once u have d police report go down to Yr town council and get approval for cctv

Last edited:

Dext3r

Reaction score
Stay stronger my dear, d next few days will be difficult but it will pass as long as u follow but as u r foreigner I won't be able to tell u how the rules be for u. But I like to suggest as I am sure u have given noks (next of kin) + office number to them, please inform them regards to this as they will start harassing Yr nok and office. Be upfront with them and explain to them u have been scammed. Show them your police report and pray and hope for the best. Times like this u will need support from your family, colleagues and Yr boss.

Install d call block apps on Yr hp and if possible Yr noks hp too.

Close all Yr social media for now and if possible once u have d police report go down to Yr town council and get approval for cctv

- Thank you for your great advice and I would follow your suggestion. This incident is an eye opener for me. Again thank you and have a good day.

Alia88

Reaction score
Hi all! How have u been doing? Hope everything is fine! All the best! Keep fighting!!!

jjaeyy

Reaction score
Hi all! How have u been doing? Hope everything is fine! All the best! Keep fighting!!!

Morning all.
Woke up to find out that my door has been chain locked. Called police to open. Now gg on the day as per normal

CloudClau

Reaction score
Morning all.
Woke up to find out that my door has been chain locked. Called police to open. Now gg on the day as per normal

Thats the best they can do aldy , u lucky never splash paint and put love letter . they wont come aldy .

how how

Reaction score
That is why when get splash paint, you must report 999 immediately when the lead is fresh. Let SPF do their job to hunt down the runner with their CCTV.

If after being splashed and harassed, you still ignore them and REFUSE to pay, what do you think they will do? Give up and move on to the next victim loh.

Got report immediately to SPF and later received love letter LS say want put fire, go report again. SPF say don't think all cctv can see LS face, they say is not clear unless they got special scar or marks, if not difficult to catch them and don't think the cctv is like the detective drama we watch, can zoom in, the officer still can laugh at me for having such a childish thinking.

how how

Reaction score
Their response varies. For myself, the following week that I suppose to pay but ghost them after getting phone harassment, that very evening they send two guys to pretend collect something from me. 1 guy was carrying a trolley and pretend as a courier. Since I just install my CCTV an hour earlier, watch them knock on my door and took pictures of my door.

I hesitated calling 999 because they did not create a ruckus. Also saw they talking to someone on the hp, presumably receiving instructions. When I finally came to my senses 10min later to call 999, they left a 5 min later. The police patrol car arrived soon after they left.

Luckily my family who just came back from Malaysia inform me they arrive downstairs. I asked them to stay put, if not those runner could have took pictures of my family and use that to harass me.

The next day, they create a whatsapp group under my name, add a few unknown number plus my NOK number and post pics of my door, my unit from the ground level plus harass my office. I had minimal contact with them b4 I ghost them. The minimum you reply to them, the better as they cannot gauge if you fear them or not.

I install call blocker app, block and report any harassment whatsapp number and was about to spam bomb the LS Watsapp number but decided not to as everything went silent. But the days, weeks and months following that 2 days, I became jumpy at almost everything.

Paranoia sets in, luckily had guidance from the good people here.

So be extra vigilant this 1-2 weeks but remember to have a break.Always stay calm and don't hesitate like me. Call 999 immediately you suspect something outside.

And do update us. We love to know their current tactics. Always hope the best (no runner) but be prepared for the worst (hope not).

After splashed paint and warning letter to put fire, they send 2 runners and knock my door. I wasn't at home and lucky my kid never opened the door. My neighbour walked pass and they ask her if anyone in. Neighbour reply yes. They took photo of my door and left. How long will all these harassment stop?

green72

Reaction score
Got report immediately to SPF and later received love letter LS say want put fire, go report again. SPF say don't think all cctv can see LS face, they say is not clear unless they got special scar or marks, if not difficult to catch them and don't think the cctv is like the detective drama we watch, can zoom in, the officer still can laugh at me for having such a childish thinking.

We just need to let them do their investigation. Sometimes, they may not tell you their trade secret as not to give any advantage to the LS.

What we know they can do is track the LS based on the time it happened. From the time the runner take the lift or climb the stairs until where the runner went after they left. Either walk to bus stop, take taxi or ride a private vehicle. Car park got electronic gantry.

ALL these places got camera, bus stop, public bus also have and car park gantry. Unless the runner can fly like superman :s13:, can easily track.

Do you think the runner might be so lucky at other victim house the next time?

Have faith in our SPF.

how how

Reaction score
Don't gamble using borrowed money, and you will be fine...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

Totally agreed. Spend within your means. Don't ever bring your family to Hell. Is very upset, tired and trust is no longer there, how to continue to stay together. Please please don't borrow to gamble. You will destroy your family relationship!

Desperatevictim

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Thank u for the existence of this thread, i am encourage to ghost on my LS. Unfortunately, i have multiple loans from 3 different LS. I cant deny the guilt and fear I am going through right now, but it is heartening reading all these threads that provided certain degree of hope. Maybe for victims like me, that is just what I need.

At the moment, i would like to know something which i am very curious on the acts carried out by the LS towards their ghosts. I understand there are prying eyes in here therefore, I really appreciate if someone could PM and enlighten me on my query privately.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Thank u for the existence of this thread, i am encourage to ghost on my LS. Unfortunately, i have multiple loans from 3 different LS. I cant deny the guilt and fear I am going through right now, but it is heartening reading all these threads that provided certain degree of hope. Maybe for victims like me, that is just what I need.

At the moment, i would like to know something which i am very curious on the acts carried out by the LS towards their ghosts. I understand there are prying eyes in here therefore, I really appreciate if someone could PM and enlighten me on my query privately.

They will do whatever it takes to try and get you to pay, lies, threats, videos, repeated phone calls, paint, food delivery.

But whatever it is, listen here - DO NOT PAY.

Every time they seriously harass you, file a police report (can do online). Anything you feel unsafe, call 999.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.