Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Reaction score
Hi guys,

One more question, I had been ghosting them for 5 days, they had sent threat messages to me and my nok to be careful, will send someone to hit me up. I'm not afraid of getting caught by them, Im just worried about my parents safety, will they send people to whack up my parents?

In this 7 months stint, i had paid up 7x the amount of the money I borrowed (5 digit sum) from them, I'm heading overseas soon, just worried on my parents side.

Don’t worry, those scammer or loanshark runner are all cowards behind phone.
Most of them are malaysian. They will not whack or harm any of you physically. They only scare you thru sms, watapps or video..

Oversea? Now you still dare to go oversea meh? No scare of covid-19 ah?🦠🦠

green72

Reaction score
Hi guys,

One more question, I had been ghosting them for 5 days, they had sent threat messages to me and my nok to be careful, will send someone to hit me up. I'm not afraid of getting caught by them, Im just worried about my parents safety, will they send people to whack up my parents?

In this 7 months stint, i had paid up 7x the amount of the money I borrowed (5 digit sum) from them, I'm heading overseas soon, just worried on my parents side.

You paid enough. Like others said, remind your parents to call 999 if anything or anyone suspicious outside house for next few weeks.

Keep reporting to I/O of any harassment you or your parents encounter.

Important that they don't hesitated to call 999 if they are harassed. But do calm them by reminding them SPF is always minutes away to assist them when anything threatening occurs.

BumbleeBee

Reaction score
Don’t worry, those scammer or loanshark runner are all cowards behind phone.
Most of them are malaysian. They will not whack or harm any of you physically. They only scare you thru sms, watapps or video..

Oversea? Now you still dare to go oversea meh? No scare of covid-19 ah?🦠🦠

After months of slience they suddenly come back and started the calling and harassments. Anyone encountered this before?

Reaction score
After months of slience they suddenly come back and started the calling and harassments. Anyone encountered this before?

Just change all your phone numbers. My brother (the debtor), me (his guarantor) and home phone number all changed. Peace of mind.

I already said many time. Once u r uncontactable. All nightmare will end.

green72

Reaction score

They cannot come back if you follow the steps given here.

If you want to still use that number, we also have explained the how to.

Purely almost impossible for them to find you again. If they do, repeat same steps.

Advisedneeded

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you for your advises. Yes heading for a work trip Bo bian for the money.

Will keep in mind to calm my parents and called the police and informed of any threats received.

Deeptrouble

Reaction score
How long ago was the first splash?
After first splash, did you pay?
After that still got more?

Runners could be past desperate victims or also could be people who think they can make a quick buck. In any case, file a report and get then arrested asap. This will deal a blow to the scammers.

My experience was 1 splash and then when no pay, complete silent.

The recent splashing happened at what time ?

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score
Just keep blocking them, ignore them, don't pay them.
These scammers can only call and scare you, trying to break you mentally.
If you give in they become bolder.
Report police, install Cctv.
Let them do what they want, just call 999 if runner turn up, update IO. Trust our SPF.

Keep to the above and trust us here, over time they will give up.

Deeptrouble

Reaction score
Just keep blocking them, ignore them, don't pay them.
These scammers can only call and scare you, trying to break you mentally.
If you give in they become bolder.
Report police, install Cctv.
Let them do what they want, just call 999 if runner turn up, update IO. Trust our SPF.

Keep to the above and trust us here, over time they will give up.

Agree and it works.

Stupid me

Reaction score
Hi, usually after the PO takes the statement what’s their next step of action?
I had reported to the police twice but I did not ask them what’s their next step of action.

Username14999

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so one of my girl friend also got scammed from those UML, they also sent her 500 and requested 700 in return to "cancel" her loan.

She has ignored their messages and made a police report. Police told her to either go to the bank, request for the funds to be returned then close her acc (take 3 weeks accordingly to bank) or keep the money and close the account and set up a cctv. What would you guys with similar experience suggest her to do?

She is not planning to give them a single more cent than 500 but will the harassment be more severe if she kept the 500 or will returning the 500 then ghost them be overall "better".

If either way they will be harassing then might as well keep the money like the police said but imo of course if the chance can be kept at minimum then why not

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so one of my girl friend also got scammed from those UML, they also sent her 500 and requested 700 in return to "cancel" her loan.

She has ignored their messages and made a police report. Police told her to either go to the bank, request for the funds to be returned then close her acc (take 3 weeks accordingly to bank) or keep the money and close the account and set up a cctv. What would you guys with similar experience suggest her to do?

She is not planning to give them a single more cent than 500 but will the harassment be more severe if she kept the 500 or will returning the 500 then ghost them be overall "better".

If either way they will be harassing then might as well keep the money like the police said but imo of course if the chance can be kept at minimum then why not

Just keep the money, because if she returned the money, they still will harass her and even ask for more. Just block all uml numbers and ignore or harassment messages.

green72

Reaction score
Just keep the money, because if she returned the money, they still will harass her and even ask for more. Just block all uml numbers and ignore or harassment messages.
Yes, it's her own judgement to keep or request bank to return.
Never ever contact the UML to return the money as it might end up to another victim account instead.

From the eyes of law that fund transfer to "return" to UML is seen as you involving in illegal activities.

Many have been prosecuted for doing that. Use the money to buy a CCTV if she feels guilty using it. Get a good one, for $500, a high end one is within budget.

Either way, she have to be prepared for some harassment.

Last edited:

Username14999

Reaction score
Yes, it's her own judgement to keep or request bank to return.
Never ever contact the UML to return the money as it might end up to another victim account instead.

From the eyes of law that fund transfer to "return" to UML is seen as you involving in illegal activities.

Many have been prosecuted for doing that. Use the money to buy a CCTV if she feels guilty using it. Get a good one, for $500, a high end one is within budget.

Either way, she have to be prepared for some harassment.

Thanks for the advice I will let her know to not transfer the money to whatever acc they provide and to just follow the advice from the police and ignore all their harassment call etc and update the io for any new information.

Yea she is prepared for some harassment already will inform her boss, family and neighbors in this 2 days. They transferred her the money even after she told them to cancel the "deal." Funny thing is she is smart enough to ask for company name and number to check but also stupid enough to send her personal details before checking hahaha smh

green72

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice I will let her know to not transfer the money to whatever acc they provide and to just follow the advice from the police and ignore all their harassment call etc and update the io for any new information.

Yea she is prepared for some harassment already will inform her boss, family and neighbors in this 2 days. They transferred her the money even after she told them to cancel the "deal." Funny thing is she is smart enough to ask for company name and number to check but also stupid enough to send her personal details before checking hahaha smh

Install CCTV first b4 apply from TC. Some area TC takes a week to approve. By then, the runner might already strike.

I did that, runner came hours after I install CCTV. Approval letter came only 7 days later. Lucky I did that and had the video evidence for SPF to use.

Don't understand why it takes that long when the threat is immediate and urgency is needed.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.