Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Vsosos

Reaction score
Hi I encountered some harassment from scammers recently. After done the payment review record (transfer back extra $200),they keep asking for a deposit so can get the loan amount. I was suspecting so didn't do it and wanted to cancel the loan however they keep harassing me and even send me threatening video. Will they really come to my house but I didn't sign any agreement yet. I did not receive any loan amount from them also. Should I continue to ignore their msg? But I'm worried they will contact my friend and come to my house.

Last edited:

Deeptrouble

Reaction score
Hi I encountered some harassment from scammers recently. After done the payment review record (transfer back extra $200),they keep asking for a deposit so can get the loan amount. I was suspecting so didn't do it and wanted to cancel the loan however they keep harassing me and even send me threatening video. Will they really come to my house but I didn't sign any agreement yet. I did not receive any loan amount from them also. Should I continue to ignore their msg? But I'm worried they will contact my friend and come to my house.

Just block them and ignore everything they send. It is empty threat. And stop paying anything. They will give up within a few days.

green72

Reaction score
Vsosos, for yours and new victims benefit, I'll try repeat the steps to a guaranteed harassment free life.

Just note, ALL threats are harmless from last year when I experienced it myself, until today. There are 1-2 instance the runner was "creative" and set a small fire outside the victim door. He was caught and prosecuted. The UML was not caught as he/she operates from overseas mainland in Malaysia.

Steps.

1. Report Everything that has happened to SPF. Include phone numbers, your bank account, their bank account, etc. You can use SPF online reporting. No need go down to station. Include screenshots of conversation or harassment messages. Give ALL details. Don't make up any info. An Investigation Officer (I/O) will contact you and he/she will be assigned to your case.

2. With the said Police Report generated after you file online, make a hard copy and report to:
a. Bank. Request close acct and open new acct.
b. Employer.
c. Family members or contacts that you provide their numbers.
Please explain to employers and family your mistake. They can provide help in the form of mental strength and support. Inform them that they will receive harassment via phone calls or/and messages. DO NOT accept their offer to PAY. Tell them, you and them can be liable for arrest as it is considered as breaking the law. Just advice them to ignore as instructed by SPF Investigation Officer assigned to you.

3. From the time you read this, install call blocking apps to stop all calls from UML. The idea is to "GHOST" them. DO NOT reply to any messages. Do screenshot all harassment messages and report it to your I/O via email given as a follow up evidence after the Police report. Screenshot, report and block harassment whatsapp messages.Do the same for your family members affected. Mentally, the messages can break you down, do not be affected. It's empty threats. It's just a scare tactic. Confirm one. Harmless like a fly, Don't lose sleep and eat. You need the strength to go through this. Remain calm at all times. Talk to friends and family. Can also come here and pour your heart out.If changing hp numbers is possible, do so.

4. Install CCTV outside your house. The step is to apply for approval from your area Town council before installing. Please install and apply as time is of the essence instead of the other way round. Don't wait for approval. Don't tell TC you already install when you apply. Once the UML fail to contact and make you pay because you ghost them, for sure they will send runners, to do either of these act.
a. Splash paint
b. Chain lock gate
c. Paste debtor note
d. Scrawl graffiti O$P$ at your home vicinity.
e. Send runner to talk to you via hp with the UML.
The intent is to shame and pressure you to pay. Do not engage them. Call SPF via NPC number or 999. Inform Police operator you have made police report to further make them understand. Provide footage to I/O.

After doing all these steps in quick succession, just brace yourself for impact, that is, harassment from their runners.

If you remain uncooperative and defiant towards any of their harassment by ghosting them and possibly SPF make arrest of their runners based on your evidence, they will soon disappear from your life.I personally guarantee it works.

Do note, you might be call to report to the station because you have tfr money back to the UML for your case. SPF may give you a warning or charge you for that. Accept the outcome, it's better than to continue paying the UML as further bank tfr will one day get you get investigated by SPF if other victims report your bank acct. UML don't use their bank acct, UML use only victims acct to transfer money back and forth.

Be prepared to be scolded by employer, family and friends because of this. Swallow your pride. Be prepared to lose job and friends because of this. You have no other way. Like I said, brace for impact. It will be over soon all these troubles.

To ALL new victims, do not transfer back that very first transaction. Save you the headache of getting investigated. After doing the steps mentioned above, use the money to install a CCTV. That's what the UML money is for.

Please do refresh this page from time to time as I might unintentionally left out certain info and re edit.

Last edited:

Vsosos

Reaction score
Just block them and ignore everything they send. It is empty threat. And stop paying anything. They will give up within a few days.
I really hope they will give up soon as I didn't owe them anything and actually they had scammed me $200 already.

Vsosos

Reaction score
Vsosos, for yours and new victims benefit, I'll try repeat the steps to a guaranteed harassment free life.

Just note, ALL threats are harmless from last year when I experienced it myself, until today. There are 1-2 instance the runner was "creative" and set a small fire outside the victim door. He was caught and prosecuted. The UML was not caught as he/she operates from overseas mainland in Malaysia.

Steps.

1. Report Everything that has happened to SPF. Include phone numbers, your bank account, their bank account, etc. You can use SPF online reporting. No need go down to station. Include screenshots of conversation or harassment messages. Give ALL details. Don't make up any info. An Investigation Officer (I/O) will contact you and he/she will be assigned to your case.

2. With the said Police Report generated after you file online, make a hard copy and report to:
a. Bank. Request close acct and open new acct.
b. Employer.
c. Family members or contacts that you provide their numbers.
Please explain to employers and family your mistake. They can provide help in the form of mental strength and support. Inform them that they will receive harassment via phone calls or/and messages. DO NOT accept their offer to PAY. Tell them, you and them can be liable for arrest as it is considered as breaking the law. Just advice them to ignore as instructed by SPF Investigation Officer assigned to you.

3. From the time you read this, install call blocking apps to stop all calls from UML. The idea is to "GHOST" them. DO NOT reply to any messages. Do screenshot all harassment messages and report it to your I/O via email given as a follow up evidence after the Police report. Screenshot, report and block harassment whatsapp messages.Do the same for your family members affected. Mentally, the messages can break you down, do not be affected. It's empty threats. It's just a scare tactic. Confirm one. Harmless like a fly, Don't lose sleep and eat. You need the strength to go through this. Remain calm at all times. Talk to friends and family. Can also come here and pour your heart out.If changing hp numbers is possible, do so.

4. Install CCTV outside your house. The step is to apply for approval from your area Town council before installing. Please install and apply as time is of the essence instead of the other way round. Don't wait for approval. Don't tell TC you already install when you apply. Once the UML fail to contact and make you pay because you ghost them, for sure they will send runners, to do either of these act.
a. Splash paint
b. Chain lock gate
c. Paste debtor note
d. Scrawl graffiti O$P$ at your home vicinity.
e. Send runner to talk to you via hp with the UML.
The intent is to shame and pressure you to pay. Do not engage them. Call SPF via NPC number or 999. Inform Police operator you have made police report to further make them understand. Provide footage to I/O.

After doing all these steps in quick succession, just brace yourself for impact, that is, harassment from their runners.

If you remain uncooperative and defiant towards any of their harassment by ghosting them and possibly SPF make arrest of their runners based on your evidence, they will soon disappear from your life.I personally guarantee it works.

Do note, you might be call to report to the station because you have tfr money back to the UML for your case. SPF may give you a warning or charge you for that. Accept the outcome, it's better than to continue paying the UML as further bank tfr will one day get you get investigated by SPF if other victims report your bank acct. UML don't use their bank acct, UML use only victims acct to transfer money back and forth.

Be prepared to be scolded by employer, family and friends because of this. Swallow your pride. Be prepared to lose job and friends because of this. You have no other way. Like I said, brace for impact. It will be over soon all these troubles.

To ALL new victims, do not transfer back that very first transaction. Save you the headache of getting investigated. After doing the steps mentioned above, use the money to install a CCTV. That's what the UML money is for.

Please do refresh this page from time to time as I might unintentionally left out certain info and re edit.

Hi thanks for ur advice. As I'm holding an employment pass so I don't dare to report to police because I'm worried they will inform my landlord & company and I might lose my job. My friend has helped me to report everything anonymously thru I-witness. And I have close my account and fb. Does this help ?

green72

Reaction score
Hi thanks for ur advice. As I'm holding an employment pass so I don't dare to report to police because I'm worried they will inform my landlord & company and I might lose my job. My friend has helped me to report everything anonymously thru I-witness. And I have close my account and fb. Does this help ?

You are not the 1st work pass holder that suffered this sort of problem.

Result have been mixed for previous cases. Yours becomes a bit more complicated as you transfer back to them.

You have to decide your next course of action. This applies to ALL work pass holders. By not reporting to SPF, soon your landlord and employer will be affected too. Just a matter of time before SPF reach you.

In Singapore, there is not money lender that does their business online without ever meeting you or have a physical office.

They are all UML and scammers. Singapore Law is strict about work pass holder getting involve in UML.

You could have "saved" yourself if you report earlier before anymore exchange of money is made.

Not trying to further distress you but your option is limited. Just don't create any more mess for yourself with the law.

ltrinityl

Reaction score
Great news..

My IO said that they have arrested the harasser that splashed paint.

Believe in our SPF and keep Singapore safe and remove those unlawful people.

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score
I really hope they will give up soon as I didn't owe them anything and actually they had scammed me $200 already.

Your case similar to mine.
People like us are deemed as "easy meat" to these *******s.
Per what we share here, just take the 3 simple steps: Report, Block, CCTV.

After a while these dumbf*cks will give up.
Bear in mind, these are not people who are tenacious or persistent by nature, cos if they are they would have been successful in life.

They are just scums out to scare people in a bid to earn easy money off those who give in to their threats.

Vsosos

Reaction score
You are not the 1st work pass holder that suffered this sort of problem.

Result have been mixed for previous cases. Yours becomes a bit more complicated as you transfer back to them.

You have to decide your next course of action. This applies to ALL work pass holders. By not reporting to SPF, soon your landlord and employer will be affected too. Just a matter of time before SPF reach you.

In Singapore, there is not money lender that does their business online without ever meeting you or have a physical office.

They are all UML and scammers. Singapore Law is strict about work pass holder getting involve in UML.

You could have "saved" yourself if you report earlier before anymore exchange of money is made.

Not trying to further distress you but your option is limited. Just don't create any more mess for yourself with the law.
They claimed they are LML,I was lost when I need money urgently and sent my particulars before checking. Made one wrong step caused myself in trouble now.

Vsosos

Reaction score

After a while these dumbf*cks will give up.
Bear in mind, these are not people who are tenacious or persistent by nature, cos if they are they would have been successful in life.

They are just scums out to scare people in a bid to earn easy money off those who give in to their threats.

Hi so for ur case, how long they give up to harass u or do they really go to ur house?

Hulkeyee2020

Reaction score
Hi so for ur case, how long they give up to harass u or do they really go to ur house?
Depends how hardworking your AL, mine after 3weeks of silence, cos I change number, suddenly splashed my house, but I don't care I expect the worst already.
Now installed camera and waiting for the police of any update on the runner.
No matter what do not pay them, do not contact them..

green72

Reaction score

Here's my timeline.

I was lucky I reacted fast and found help here. From day 1 money was sent to my account and date line given to return is a week, I began to search for help.

Took me another day to analyse and report to SPF. Inform my boss and immediate contact as soon as I was able to print the report. Also inform bank. At this point in time I was not subjected to any harassment yet but realise the magnitude of the situation.

I had 5 days to inform TC and install CCTV. Fri and Sat I search online for shops to install CCTV. Found one on Sat that can do installation on Monday.

A day later I/O called to ask some questions.

Monday was the dateline to do the "test pay". That Monday went to apply for TC approval. CCTV installer came at 3pm. Finish installing by 5pm. UML dateline was 5pm.

Receive calls and messages from UML which I ignore that whole Monday.

Around 8pm 2 guys came up to my hse and start knocking non-stop. From cctv can see they where talking to someone on hp and taking pictures of my door. Call 999. They left b4 Police arrived.

Next day a barrage of harassment calls at office and home. They post picture of my door and my block. My family members hp was not spared. Google for call blocking app and use it until today.

For a whole month my corridor level, I see Police patrol at least twice a day.

Since more than a year ago, no more harassment. The harassment was really the bad experience but now thinking back it's just a scare tactic. Weak minded victims might succumb to this. It's just empty threats.

That brief encounter was my only incident with them.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Depends how hardworking your AL, mine after 3weeks of silence, cos I change number, suddenly splashed my house, but I don't care I expect the worst already.

3 weeks before striking shows that they lack manpower to act out their tactics.

They expect victims to call them after such tactics but they are POWERLESS if victims remain silent and ignore them.

It could be victims they manage to scare after you, that might be doing the job.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score

His situation is slightly complicated as he is a work pass holder. He have to weigh in the consequence of reporting or endure harassment without reporting.

Either way, he have to accept the consequences.

Either with SPF, landlord and employer or all of them.

green72

Reaction score
This UML menace can be drastically reduce IF Govt agencies take more drastic steps regarding breach of data protection. I say breach of data is because our phone numbers are being possibly sold to UMLs.

Many victims won't realise it and think the "loan" opportunity is Godsend as other legal avenues are block due to poor credit rating. Their desperation will push them to take the "loan". So the community cannot ask them to be aware due to this desperation.

There are some who said those who default or defer in their bills are potential customers to UML. Their contact numbers are important as potential victims.

I discussed this with some bros here that Govt and Telcos needs to do something about those unsolicited SMS text providing loan.

We can obviously see the numbers texting are local. Not difficult to identify who is the owner of the number.

This is one of their point of attack. Cut this out and they will be deprive of this platform to advertise their "service", which we know are scams. Some UMLs even manage to get contact numbers of victim neighbours and friends to harass these people, to create pressure on victims.

Digital Defence is our Sixth Pillar of Total Defence. This breach of data undermine our Digital Defence. Mind you most of the UMLs are foreign.

I hope this is not just for show.

Last edited:

Username14999

Reaction score

Wow did you have cctv installed when they splash?

Hulkeyee2020

Reaction score
Wow did you have cctv installed when they splash?

I only installed cctv after splashed.
But my blk got cctv at stairways and lifts for sure the runner was captured by the cctv hopefully spf will send him soon to changi.
I follow the drips of the paint, he was walking down thru the stairway until he thew it on the dust bin.

Vsosos

Reaction score
But I did not take up any loan from them. Will they still waste their manpower to do all these harassment?

green72

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea how to handle harrasment from LML

Not the right forum.

But LML confirm cannot make ANY harassment. They do it because they know lenders don't know the law.

Their license to get new borrowers can be suspended if they accumulate a certain number of demerit points. Same goes with their debt collector partners.

Report to Registry of Money Lenders under Ministry of Law.

Link here. https://eservices.mlaw.gov.sg/enquiry/

PM if any enquiries. This thread is about UML.

Please Do Not reply further here if it's regarding LML.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.