Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

InADilemma01

Reaction score
Usually once you ghost on them at the point the dateline expires, within hours they may start to harass your NOK and office numbers.

It will be continuous for up to a few days or so before they engage "volunteer" to harass your house.

Mine was sent runner first, 3 hours after dateline expire to rattle my nerves b4 harassing my NOK and Office next 2 days.

Once they sent their runners and still fail to contact you, can consider their mission is a failure. They won't keep paying ppl to do their illegal errand.

For mine, they gave up because of the ghosting tactic within a week. I wouldn't know if they attempt to contact me further as I remain uncontactable. It's been more than a year now. Cannot contact me, cannot harass me. Simple.

Install the Call blocker app on your NOK hp. A bane for the UML.

PS: I never tfr a single cent to them. Their loss. If ALL victims like me they will close shop already.

Thank you for sharing...for me they didnt send the runners first. Instead the start calling NOK.

They went to your office? My office ia now only for essential services and security guards are the one manning the entrance. So must register their particulars. I dont think they will risk that right.... So far so good now... Still fingers crosses. One more UML payment is due next week. Will see then unless they are from same team... I am just fearing for my kids.

green72

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing...for me they didnt send the runners first. Instead the start calling NOK.

They went to your office? My office ia now only for essential services and security guards are the one manning the entrance. So must register their particulars. I dont think they will risk that right.... So far so good now... Still fingers crosses. One more UML payment is due next week. Will see then unless they are from same team... I am just fearing for my kids.

I believe for every location they ask runner to go, they need to pay or give defer for victims who willing to be runners. I don't think they will spent $1000 to collect $500 worth of loan right. No business sense.

Anyway, if your workplace have security post as you mentioned, no worries.

Your residential unit is usually their target. But seriously, their tactics have been come predictable. I was "hit" last year, having read almost all the post from 2018, and now in 2020 still same tactic.

I believe for those still wanting to stop their ordeal but still in contact with the UML, maybe the UML will pester them come Monday, since we Singaporean will get up to $600 on Tuesday.🤣 Just be prepared.

Knowledge is power. And the idea of this thread is to empower victims with it.

Last edited:

InADilemma01

Reaction score
I believe for every location they ask runner to go, they need to pay or give defer for victims who willing to be runners. I don't think they will spent $1000 to collect $500 worth of loan right. No business sense.

Anyway, if your workplace have security post as you mentioned, no worries.

Your residential unit is usually their target. But seriously, their tactics have been come predictable. I was "hit" last year, having read almost all the post from 2018, and now in 2020 still same tactic.

That's why knowledge is power. And the idea of this thread is to empower victims with it.

You were hit last year... Whay did they do.

green72

Reaction score
You were hit last year... Whay did they do.

Sent 2 runners to get me to contact the UML using their hp.

They pretend to collect stuffs at my unit by pushing a trolley.

Took pics of my unit door, knock non-stop and later take pics of my unit windows from ground floor. Used that image to harass me the next day.

Call 999 during the "visit", did not open door. Ask my family members returning home to stay at the void deck during the incident until they left or police arrive. Too bad the runners left b4 police arrived. I had a month of Police patrol at my corridor at least twice a day from that day onwards.

As you can see, what can they do if you don't entertain them and seek assistance from SPF?

Last edited:

InADilemma01

Reaction score
Sent 2 runners to get me to contact the UML using their hp.

They pretend to collect stuffs at my unit by pushing a trolley.

Took pics of my unit door, knock non-stop and later take pics of my unit windows from ground floor. Used that image to harass me the next day.

Call 999 during the "visit", did not open door. Ask my family to stay at void deck during the incident until they left or police arrive. Too bad the runners left b4 police arrived. I had a month of Police patrol at my corridor at least twice a day from that day onwards.

As you can see, what can they do if you don't entertain them and seek assistance from SPF?

Latest update.... As i was looking thru my cctv saw two suspicious characters lurking at my lift lobby... just called my NPC. Gave the desc to them. Dunno whether in time to search for them.

green72

Reaction score
Latest update.... As i was looking thru my cctv saw two suspicious characters lurking at my lift lobby... just called my NPC. Gave the desc to them. Dunno whether in time to search for them.

Good. Keep us update. Don't engage if they try to do anything. Let SPF handle. Provide your Police report when SPF arrives.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
Good. Keep us update. Don't engage if they try to do anything. Let SPF handle. Provide your Police report when SPF arrives.

SPF left liao... Think the suspects ciao. But with the info i gave police they might be able to check their own CCTV or lift ones. Hopefully they are able to do something... Stay tuned

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score
SPF left liao... Think the suspects ciao. But with the info i gave police they might be able to check their own CCTV or lift ones. Hopefully they are able to do something... Stay tuned

These "runners" if caught is confirm kena one...from my experience, they sent this young chap who owed them $500 and was due to pay up.
He can't, so they send him to my place take video.

The funny thing is, the scammer was still sending me threatening messages on WhatsApp about burning my house when in fact the police already arrested the runner.

So believe us here, these scammers are working remotely without any actual control over the actions.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
These "runners" if caught is confirm kena one...from my experience, they sent this young chap who owed them $500 and was due to pay up.
He can't, so they send him to my place take video.

The funny thing is, the scammer was still sending me threatening messages on WhatsApp about burning my house when in fact the police already arrested the runner.

So believe us here, these scammers are working remotely without any actual control over the actions.
Really???! Sometimes these runners also pitiful ya.... So what happen to your case in the end?

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score
Really???! Sometimes these runners also pitiful ya.... So what happen to your case in the end?

IO told me that runner will be charged in court as he has done it for many other places.

No harassment since then. But cos my number is already out there so I'm in their "customer call list" once in a while will get calls or messages ask if I want to take loan.

But call blocker has been doing wonders.
Besides, come 15th April, our government has implemented that any numbers that has the "+" in front are all overseas numbers.

It will make it easier for us to differentiate between local calls and such scam calls.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
IO told me that runner will be charged in court as he has done it for many other places.

No harassment since then. But cos my number is already out there so I'm in their "customer call list" once in a while will get calls or messages ask if I want to take loan.

But call blocker has been doing wonders.
Besides, come 15th April, our government has implemented that any numbers that has the "+" in front are all overseas numbers.

It will make it easier for us to differentiate between local calls and such scam calls.

Oh really?! That is new info. Thanks. Hopefully mine will think twice before "attacking" my address now that CCTV is installed.

Any ideas if different UML will use different runners cos I dun really know of they are from the same "boss".

green72

Reaction score
Any ideas if different UML will use different runners cos I dun really know of they are from the same "boss".

Most likely 1 runner per UML if not from same group.

Sending runners isn't FOC for them. It costs them.

Just be prepared. We know the uncertainty is stressful.

green72

Reaction score

Nice to know too. At least first step but of course there's more they can do.

InADilemma01

Reaction score

How do i be prepared???! Another runner was spotted walking by my unit and looks like taking video when he realised that we were home and staring at him. I updated the IO but so far no response from him other then sending another unit to my address... This time round managed to take more description of the runner. Hope they can take a look at the police cctv at the staircase landing and lifts.

InADilemma01

Reaction score

Also i notice a distinct pattern of UML... They will give some kind of code against their name. Is it if the codes are similar they come from the same "boss"????

green72

Reaction score
How do i be prepared???! Another runner was spotted walking by my unit and looks like taking video when he realised that we were home and staring at him. I updated the IO but so far no response from him other then sending another unit to my address... This time round managed to take more description of the runner. Hope they can take a look at the police cctv at the staircase landing and lifts.

You are already prepared. Just continue to report and call SPF.

Sometimes we feel that our I/O need to keep us updated 24/7. My advise is to not pester them. Let them investigate. I know it feels like nothing is done.

Anyway, today is Sat. He might be off work. I never get to talk to my I/O at all, always busy out of office. But he promptly reply my emails. So we communicated that way.

Anyway maybe the 2 guys from your recent incidents might not be runners.

Until the UML start harassing you then investigation will step up a notch. SPF don't want to waste resources until motive is proven.

I know you prefer SPF to arrest the suspects but until harassment happens, they are considered innocent, unless they are stop by SPF at your premises and questioned. Runners are feeling nervous too, remember that.

Continue to report and call SPF. Remember, SPF are on our side. Give them time. Have patience.

Last edited:

InADilemma01

Reaction score
You are already prepared. Just continue to report and call SPF.

Sometimes we feel that our I/O need to keep us updated 24/7. My advise is to not pester them. Let them investigate. I know it feels like nothing is done.

Anyway, today is Sat. He might be off work. I never get to talk to my I/O at all, always busy out of office. But he promptly reply my emails. So we communicated that way.

Anyway maybe the 2 guys from your recent incidents might not be runners.

Until the UML start harassing you then investigation will step up a notch. SPF don't want to waste resources until motive is proven.

I know you prefer SPF to arrest the suspects but until harassment happens, they are considered innocent, unless they are stop by SPF at your premises and questioned. Runners are feeling nervous too, remember that.

Continue to report and call SPF. Remember, SPF are on our side. Give them time. Have patience.

A suspicious character pressed my doorbell today

green72

Reaction score
Managed to inform police... Cant reveal too much details here. What if uml is also scanning thru this forum

Yes, never give specific details. You also don't need to narrate exact time of event if it can lead any lurking UML of yours in this thread.

And yes, assume they also read posts here. But our prevention steps seems solid.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.