Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

green72

Reaction score
Hi, when did that happen to you? Also, did you still owe them any money? Or you have alr paid up?

As I mentioned before, no difference if paid up or still owe. As long as victims starts paying the 1st installment, they are hooked.

So the best is keep the initial money and ghost. The hell raised by them is the same. Paid or not.

Just remember the 1st sms they advertise? Looks good like $150×24mths. Suddenly first $$$ transfer have to give back more in a week. Where is the affordable installment promise? Then further followed by defer after defer to increase late payment fee.

They are cheating you.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Just recently... Never paid up. Police instructed not to

I believe this is the move all victims must do. On top of not losing money, victims prevent themselves from breaking the law by being money mule.

Same with me. Never returned the 4 digit sum back to the UML. Initial harassment for 2 weeks and none for more than a year until now. Still have sort of PTSD but a lot less now, maybe 5% of the time still anxious if hear foot steps outside but since last year, sleep like a rock at night.

Yes, initially new victims might still be harassed but SPF will protect you.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
So should i do... Need to inform my neighbours?

I did. But they are not targeted. It's up to you. Mine was a good neighbourly spirit. We look out for each other. My cctv also help surveillance their shoes/bicycle kept at corridor.

I felt better after informing them so that they don't have misconceptions.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
I still remember the time my son woke me up from my fear and anxiety by shouting at me that it's the UML tactic to crawl under my skin.

He never saw I was that scared in the whole of his life. Good that he did that. Sort of slap me into reality.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
I did. But they are not targeted. It's up to you. Mine was a good neighbourly spirit. We look out for each other. My cctv also help surveillance their shoes/bicycle kept at corridor.

Now they used a new number and threatened my NOK to leak all my details on social media. I have informed my IO via email and sent him the attachments as well. Right now preparing to face the brunt of massages from social media and tell the truth. Not bothered by the threats anymore. But mentally draining

InADilemma01

Reaction score

I will just inform them if they approach me regarding this

Last edited:

InADilemma01

Reaction score

How did you inform them

green72

Reaction score
Now they used a new number and threatened my NOK to leak all my details on social media. I have informed my IO via email and sent him the attachments as well. Right now preparing to face the brunt of massages from social media and tell the truth. Not bothered by the threats anymore. But mentally draining
Just hang on bro. You and your NOK just continue to ignore. If whatsapp or sms, just block and report. It's just mind games. I hope you have shut your social media accounts.

If any colleagues where to ask, just say you are scammed and police is investigating. No need to add more.

They will give up. I never heard yet UML will continue try for months if they don't get a single cent. They know it just waste their time.

We know, it is draining to the head. It will soon be over.

Gerrard171192

Reaction score
Just hang on bro. You and your NOK just continue to ignore. If whatsapp or sms, just block and report. It's just mind games. I hope you have shut your social media accounts.

If any colleagues where to ask, just say you are scammed and police is investigating. No need to add more.

They will give up. I never heard yet UML will continue try for months if they don't get a single cent. They know it just waste their time.

Hi Green, today is the second day I have ghost them. Weird. I didn't receive any WhatsApp or calls from them already so far for today. Buy my NOK received just one call from a Singapore residential number. Didn't pick up, not sure wheather is it the UML.

InADilemma01

Reaction score

Ok mate... Thanks for the tips... Already deactivated social media.... I have also informed my IO... Butbno updates from SPF side

green72

Reaction score
Hi Green, today is the second day I have ghost them. Weird. I didn't receive any WhatsApp or calls from them already so far for today. Buy my NOK received just one call from a Singapore residential number. Didn't pick up, not sure wheather is it the UML.

Good. For next 3-4 weeks and probably longer, don't pick up any unknown numbers.

Best is to install call-blocker app and enable only numbers in your known call list to go thru.

In this way new, unknown and numbers not in your known call list will automatically be disconnect by the app after 1 ring.

You can still checked these blocked numbers using a site "whocallsme" if it's from banks or other govt office number.

I use the call blocker app by Vlad Lee.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
UML started to take their harrassment online on social media. Told the truth to those who asked... Most were understanding about the situation. Made a police report again. I dunno how long this will last, and what more to expect.

green72

Reaction score
UML started to take their harrassment online on social media. Told the truth to those who asked... Most were understanding about the situation. Made a police report again. I dunno how long this will last, and what more to expect.

When their actions bear no traction or have no effect, it will end.

How long? It depends on how much you can persevere, whatever they throw at you.

Ghost them. It's the only way. Once the harassment tapers down, the end will be in sight. Another week or two, I guess.

They are trying to rattle you. Stay vigilant, stay frosty.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
When their actions bear no traction or have no effect, it will end.

How long? It depends on how much you can persevere, whatever they throw at you.

Ghost them. It's the only way. Once the harassment tapers down, the end will be in sight. Another week or two, I guess.

They are trying to rattle you. Stay vigilant, stay frosty.

Fingers crossed, sooner rather than later I hope... On SPF side what will they do? I guess now the UML are kind of desperate that they resort to social media... I guess now no point to deactiavte social media etc since they have the contacts. Its like fighting fire... Only lf embarassment. I wont relent cos I have had enough. It is great that my family though pissed is backing me up on this crusade. I owe them and you guys here lots of gratitude.

Gerrard171192

Reaction score
Fingers crossed, sooner rather than later I hope... On SPF side what will they do? I guess now the UML are kind of desperate that they resort to social media... I guess now no point to deactiavte social media etc since they have the contacts. Its like fighting fire... Only lf embarassment. I wont relent cos I have had enough. It is great that my family though pissed is backing me up on this crusade. I owe them and you guys here lots of gratitude.

Did they still harass you these few days? Mine only called the very same day I ghost them. So far 2 days already, I haven't receieve any harassment. However, I'm not sure when next week supposed 'due date' comes, will they harass me again. I've alr made clear to them 2 days ago that I will make my remaining payment and will not do any payment again.

Reaction score
Did they still harass you these few days? Mine only called the very same day I ghost them. So far 2 days already, I haven't receieve any harassment. However, I'm not sure when next week supposed 'due date' comes, will they harass me again. I've alr made clear to them 2 days ago that I will make my remaining payment and will not do any payment again.

If you are paying or you keep paying, u r definitely their target. They will definitely harass u as they treat u as their big fish.
The only way to stop is NOT TO PAY A SINGLE CENT EVEN IF U STILL OWE THEM.

InADilemma01

Reaction score

Phone call: No as I have changed my number as advised. My NOK also install app blockers.

"House Visit": Stopped after installing CCTVs and informed police of any suspicious characters lurking along my corridor.

"Letterbox Hoax Mail": Received one and immediately reported to police. Informed neighbours as well. SPF taken letter as evidence and maybe do forensic testing and check CCTV.

Social Media Harassment: Ongoing but reported to the relevant social media authotiies of fake acc etc and also forwarded them police report so that maybe they can trace source of IP address. Also informed my contact list about the situation and most of them are already aware and understanding. Informed them to report and block any new unknown messages

I do not know what else will happen but have full trust on SPF to handle the matters and abide by the advise given by the kind people here and SPF.

Reaction score
Dear NEW VICTIMS, if you are still thinking that paying off the amount you loan from those UML will stop the harassment from them.. FAT HOPE. If you are still contactable .. u r giving them the chances to harass u further. They are scammer here to squeeze u dry till u bankrupt.. as long as they know u r paying they will get every chance to make u giving them money even u already fully paid them.
So STOP PAYING AND BE UNCONTACTABLE NOW!
We are all people who had been thru all these before.. trust us and u will NO REGRET!
The golden rule here: UNCONTACTABLE, NO PAYING.. u r not their TARGET.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.