Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

green72

Reaction score
Really??? I am so sorry that they will come burn my house and my neighbour house which they keep repeating in the harassment messages. After they splash, I had already make police report and install CCTV.

They keep demanding me to pay the loan cancellation fees (I refused to pay and block them when they start requesting when i thought i am requiring thru a LML). They gave me a deadline to make payment. Saying if i do not pay by then, they will come burn my house and my neighbour house.

Living in stress now. Police officer had help to install a sensor alarm when people passby my house. And with the CCTV, I just hope everything will be over soon. I am sleeping in the living room everyday now, just to be alert when the sensor alarm sound.

Hoping that they will just stop at one splash. I had been blocking and ignoring their messages.

It's an old bluff to burn your house. Have been repeated hundreds or thousands of times to previous victims. They know even how old this tactic is, new victims sure believe. I think 100years from now, this tactic might still work for new victims.

Don't need to fear. Just remember the police and fire service is a phone call away.

And please stop replying or even reading their messages. Just block their number if changing number is not possible.

Totally zero harassment you read, the more peaceful you will be.

Last edited:

xtreme36

Reaction score
Unless u owe a big amount or more than 1 stall, i have yet to read about victims bring splashed more than once by the same stall.

Most of the stalls belongs to the same syndicate, they sometimes will wait for each other... see if any stall takes action n if it is effective in making the victim pay again.

My advice is if u decide to stop paying, stop paying ALL stalls. Change your phone number if possible cos it sends a message to the stalls that u r firm in not paying.

STUDITY LADY

Reaction score
It's an old bluff to burn your house. Have been repeated hundreds or thousands of times to previous victims. They know even how old this tactic is, new victims sure believe. I think 100years from now, this tactic might still work for new victims.

Don't need to fear. Just remember the police and fire service is a phone call away.

And please stop replying or even reading their messages. Just block their number if changing number is not possible.

Totally zero harassment you read, the more peaceful you will be.
Thank you for your advise. I will continue to brace myself and to be strong.

I will continue to block them and ignore their messages though reading them make my heart jump faster.

Pray hard that all these will be over soon.

STUDITY LADY

Reaction score
Unless u owe a big amount or more than 1 stall, i have yet to read about victims bring splashed more than once by the same stall.

Most of the stalls belongs to the same syndicate, they sometimes will wait for each other... see if any stall takes action n if it is effective in making the victim pay again.

My advice is if u decide to stop paying, stop paying ALL stalls. Change your phone number if possible cos it sends a message to the stalls that u r firm in not paying.
I didnt owe any stall.

I wanted to enquire a loan thru a LML but ended up at the impersonate website which i literally thought it's the LML (the logo and address is all the same)until they ask for a 1k insurance payment for the loan. From there then i knew it's a scam and stop immediately. I checked back then i realised there are two website.

I block them immediately. Then they uses different phone numbers to text me sending me threatening messages that i need to pay the 1k and if i cancel now i need to pay 3k cancellation fees. I continue to block them. However, feeling unsafe, i log a police report too.

After a week, they came splash my door and leave a note asking for the money of 4k.

xtreme36

Reaction score
Do not worry too much now that the worst possible scenario (paint splashing) has already happened. Their tactics are actually quite predictable.

green72

Reaction score

STUDITY LADY did not receive a single cent. The idea of those borrowing big receives far worse harassment isn't true.

To them, any victim that provides them with personal data and contacts are potential money tree.

They don't follow any code of practice, just the same modus operandi on how to squeeze money out of victims they manage to snag.

green72

Reaction score
Thank you for your advise. I will continue to brace myself and to be strong.

I will continue to block them and ignore their messages though reading them make my heart jump faster.

Pray hard that all these will be over soon.

Have faith, food and lots of rest. It will be over soon enough.

Give it another 4 weeks but take each sunrise and sunset as another new day or night with zero harassment, hopefully forever.

We did it, so can each of you.

xtreme36

Reaction score
I know, wat I m trying to say is.... I dun think they will splash again.... But times has changed as the covid-19 situation has perhaps made them desperate.

CCTV doesn't deter the runners 100% as well nowadays.

STUDITY LADY

Reaction score
STUDITY LADY did not receive a single cent. The idea of those borrowing big receives far worse harassment isn't true.

To them, any victim that provides them with personal data and contacts are potential money tree.

They don't follow any code of practice, just the same modus operandi on how to squeeze money out of victims they manage to snag.
Yes. I didnt receive any money from them. I stop immediately once they ask for the 1k insurance as i knew it's a scam but it's too late.

It's my carelessness for not thinking twice. I can only blame myself for this and causing my family to suffer unwanted harassment. Am really a stupid woman.

STUDITY LADY

Reaction score
Have faith, food and lots of rest. It will be over soon enough.

Give it another 4 weeks but take each sunrise and sunset as another new day or night with zero harassment, hopefully forever.

We did it, so can each of you.
Really appreciate your encouragement and advise. Whenever i feel worried and fear, this forum always give me courage to be strong. Thank you all who give me advises.

xtreme36

Reaction score
I agree with Bro Green72... U MUST move on with your life. Eat, sleep n live as normally as u can. Wats done cannot be undone, no point looking back. We have all been through this.... look.... We r still alive n kicking.

Special thanks to Bro Green72 n many others in this forum. You r the main reason why I managed to ride through the storm.

Last edited:

Suitelife11

Reaction score
I know, wat I m trying to say is.... I dun think they will splash again.... But times has changed as the covid-19 situation has perhaps made them desperate.

CCTV doesn't deter the runners 100% as well nowadays.

Yeah exactly. I have already install cctv and the runner still splash... but okay uh 2 days later kenna arrested. Hope police can squeeze out alot more information from that bugger. Can only hope...

Shoniah

Reaction score
Yes. I didnt receive any money from them. I stop immediately once they ask for the 1k insurance as i knew it's a scam but it's too late.

It's my carelessness for not thinking twice. I can only blame myself for this and causing my family to suffer unwanted harassment. Am really a stupid woman.

I'm a lady here too. For mine i enquired thru the website which it has been taken down alr cos other victims reported to police too.

Paid several trial loans since mar and reported to police in july. Harrassment lasted for 3-4 weeks. They locked my gate in aug and my neighbour's one. They didnt dare to come after i installed cctv and also police is still patrolling my unit everyday since then.

Shoniah

Reaction score

The loan i enquired for was not even credited into my acc after i paid so many trial loans.

makiiko

Reaction score
I kena the so called LML last week. They called my NOK once. Did not call or came to my hse. Yesterday they used a different number to whattsapp me asking if made a police report. If i made , they will only refund me half of it.

Shoniah

Reaction score
I kena the so called LML last week. They called my NOK once. Did not call or came to my hse. Yesterday they used a different number to whattsapp me asking if made a police report. If i made , they will only refund me half of it.

Got such thing as refunding?🤣
Wah the scammer alot of pattern

makiiko

Reaction score
Got such thing as refunding?🤣
Wah the scammer alot of pattern

I also dk. I think he scam too many people until police spam call him or what. I suspect he message alot ppl see who report then wanna threaten ppl again. Crazy people

Shoniah

Reaction score
I also dk. I think he scam too many people until police spam call him or what. I suspect he message alot ppl see who report then wanna threaten ppl again. Crazy people

Aiya these scammers not scared one. One day police will hunt them down too

Hope my scammer will get arrested and rot in prison with his runners

xtreme36

Reaction score
Aiya these scammers not scared one. One day police will hunt them down too

Hope my scammer will get arrested and rot in prison with his runners

Sad to say, locals or msians.... they r mostly based overseas... theres nothing much SPF can do except to arrest the runners n provide leads to the overseas relevant authorities.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.