Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
On 19 March 2021, the Police were alerted to a case of loanshark harassment along Boon Lay Drive where the door of a residential unit was set on fire, with writing found on the wall beside the unit.

Who says won't set fire in singapore ??? Only in Malaysia ?

There are some desperate sorts who will do this. It’s really uncommon. And when it happens, 100 percent caught. And the runner will be served the full sentencing. It’s really stupid. Hope they pay for their doings.

AntiLoanScam

Reaction score
Regardless of how daring they are in malaysia - They are only keyboard warrior.
In singapore these monkey know that they can't do much - The best bet will be their runner and once arrested victim and SPF are sending them (keyboard warrior) a strong lesson and warnng.
UML - You can avoid them as long as you don't take a loan from them.
Scam Cases - You are been scam of your hard earn money and in return they create more issue and problem into your life and family - Do not bow down to them! - Nothing will be forever, what goes around come around - Be alert and 1 wrong move by the syndicate - The whole syndicate will be down unless they retire totally which i rate impossible - Nothing is impossible trust SPF and the relevant department.

jayshawn

Reaction score

Hi everyone, I've been reading quite many posts on this forum and recently one of my friend who is working in SG encounter a similar case like this one, my friend's family in MY was harassed by the LS. splashing paint over the house and note was pasted on the gate that is threatening him to paid up or else he will set fire to the house along with the neighbours one. He's already reported the case to both SG & MY police department. He already asked the bank to reverse the transaction, so he has not taken any cent from the LS.

But his stupidity has caused him to leak the important info such as IC, address, permit to the LS. So the LS is using them to threaten him to pay up a huge interest. Now he has developed a serious depression and suicidal thoughts.

So far he has done the measures:
-change phone number
-reverse the transaction to the sender
-close the bank account
-not answering to the threatening messages
-not paying any money the LS back

Anyny advice from bros & sis? Please do PM me any kind advice regarding any police department in SG that can help to investigate this kind of loan scam. Thanks

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can reverse payments? Under investigation... Mule acct will not freeze?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been reading quite many posts on this forum and recently one of my friend who is working in SG encounter a similar case like this one, my friend's family in MY was harassed by the LS. splashing paint over the house and note was pasted on the gate that is threatening him to paid up or else he will set fire to the house along with the neighbours one. He's already reported the case to both SG & MY police department. He already asked the bank to reverse the transaction, so he has not taken any cent from the LS.

But his stupidity has caused him to leak the important info such as IC, address, permit to the LS. So the LS is using them to threaten him to pay up a huge interest. Now he has developed a serious depression and suicidal thoughts.

So far he has done the measures:
-change phone number
-reverse the transaction to the sender
-close the bank account
-not answering to the threatening messages
-not paying any money the LS back

Anyny advice from bros & sis? Please do PM me any kind advice regarding any police department in SG that can help to investigate this kind of loan scam. Thanks
pls support him. file police report. do not pay no matter what.

destiny91

Reaction score
Hi everyone, recently discovered my helper borrow from loan shark. Lodge police report and install cctv outside our place. Just happened we received letters that was placed at my shoe rack from those runners threatening to return money otherwise they will lock the gate next. Trace back cctv and found out is a helper who drop off the letter..

Send the video clip to IO and was told to keep the hard copy in a zip lock bag first. Was thinking this IO very sloppy, he could have trace back the fingerprints that was sent by the helper but he didnt..

Reaction score
Hi everyone, recently discovered my helper borrow from loan shark. Lodge police report and install cctv outside our place. Just happened we received letters that was placed at my shoe rack from those runners threatening to return money otherwise they will lock the gate next. Trace back cctv and found out is a helper who drop off the letter..

Send the video clip to IO and was told to keep the hard copy in a zip lock bag first. Was thinking this IO very sloppy, he could have trace back the fingerprints that was sent by the helper but he didnt..

Likely scammer then shark. Hang in there.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score

The camera is more than sufficient to trace back to the person. As long as they have the time of the act, it’s more than enough. Very sophisticated now.

NotAloneInThis

Reaction score
After reading what all the folks in same situation, i felt much better.

I was also being scam when i gave all my details to a online 'licensed money lender' which turn out to be loan shark.

Ask me to deposit $560 into their account as one time transfer fee, ask me to transfer another $1400 as account opening fee which is fully refundable.
I told them that this was not told when i transfer the $560 hence i ask to cancel the contract which they ask me to pay cancelation fee of $2800.
They had a contract. Details taken was like any licensed money lender hence i did not suspect much till they ask for the $1400.

After 2 days, i received a cash deposit of $250 and their Boss called me. told me to pay up $800 after 3 days.
At this moment i was very sure its a scam hence i reported the case to police.
On 3rd day when its the deadline, i ask my IO on what i should do cause im worried they will disturb my family. IO said the same thing, do not pay if not it will be nvr ending.
I made up my mind. Delete off whatsapp, change a new number.

Now is the holding period, dunno if they will find trouble at home. Of course there are cctv in the corridor, inside lift, outside lift & staircase but its hard not to be worried.

I felt dumb & stupid till i read this forum. Many spoke the same. Jus hope that results are the same too.
Peaceful! Good luck folks!

Reaction score
After reading what all the folks in same situation, i felt much better.

I was also being scam when i gave all my details to a online 'licensed money lender' which turn out to be loan shark.

Ask me to deposit $560 into their account as one time transfer fee, ask me to transfer another $1400 as account opening fee which is fully refundable.
I told them that this was not told when i transfer the $560 hence i ask to cancel the contract which they ask me to pay cancelation fee of $2800.
They had a contract. Details taken was like any licensed money lender hence i did not suspect much till they ask for the $1400.

After 2 days, i received a cash deposit of $250 and their Boss called me. told me to pay up $800 after 3 days.
At this moment i was very sure its a scam hence i reported the case to police.
On 3rd day when its the deadline, i ask my IO on what i should do cause im worried they will disturb my family. IO said the same thing, do not pay if not it will be nvr ending.
I made up my mind. Delete off whatsapp, change a new number.

Now is the holding period, dunno if they will find trouble at home. Of course there are cctv in the corridor, inside lift, outside lift & staircase but its hard not to be worried.

I felt dumb & stupid till i read this forum. Many spoke the same. Jus hope that results are the same too.
Peaceful! Good luck folks!
Any ppl u suspect.. just call 999..
The most tgey splash paint lock gate if set fire die die confirm plus chop sure ganna ! Be strong bro. Cheers..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.