Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

destiny91

Reaction score
Likely scammer then shark. Hang in there.

How do you know is scammer? Our IO called today and they manage to found the helper who drop off love letters at our place. She was being arrested. But IO mention us to be careful because not sure if they will send runner up again... sigh dk why so unluckily kena this kind of maid giving us hell problems when we are not the one who borrow the money

destiny91

Reaction score
The camera is more than sufficient to trace back to the person. As long as they have the time of the act, it’s more than enough. Very sophisticated now.
Today IO updated us that the maid has been arrested. However he also warn us to be careful because they might send runner up again. This fear me the most as i have 2 young kids at home.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
Today IO updated us that the maid has been arrested. However he also warn us to be careful because they might send runner up again. This fear me the most as i have 2 young kids at home.
Continue to block and ignore them. Change the helpers number. As you can see they will only
Send other helpless victims and not those thugs. You and your kids are safe. Singapore is super safe when it comes to stuff like this.
The police will most likely have more frequent patrols at your place. Hang in there and fight the time. Once they know they can’t get anything from you, they will give up. It will be over real soon.
100 percent there won’t be any physical harm.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
After reading what all the folks in same situation, i felt much better.

I was also being scam when i gave all my details to a online 'licensed money lender' which turn out to be loan shark.

Ask me to deposit $560 into their account as one time transfer fee, ask me to transfer another $1400 as account opening fee which is fully refundable.
I told them that this was not told when i transfer the $560 hence i ask to cancel the contract which they ask me to pay cancelation fee of $2800.
They had a contract. Details taken was like any licensed money lender hence i did not suspect much till they ask for the $1400.

After 2 days, i received a cash deposit of $250 and their Boss called me. told me to pay up $800 after 3 days.
At this moment i was very sure its a scam hence i reported the case to police.
On 3rd day when its the deadline, i ask my IO on what i should do cause im worried they will disturb my family. IO said the same thing, do not pay if not it will be nvr ending.
I made up my mind. Delete off whatsapp, change a new number.

Now is the holding period, dunno if they will find trouble at home. Of course there are cctv in the corridor, inside lift, outside lift & staircase but its hard not to be worried.

I felt dumb & stupid till i read this forum. Many spoke the same. Jus hope that results are the same too.
Peaceful! Good luck folks!
If they believe they can get more from you is when they will try all their nonsense. Other than that they will most likely move on to a another victim when they know that you are unresponsive. Yourself and your NOK continue to ignore them.
They may or may not try anything, but for a month or so just be vigilant. Look out for anyone along your corridor. Call 999 if anything happens.
These people will suffer for all that they cause. Try to eat and get sleep. Be fit to fight another day man!

destiny91

Reaction score
Continue to block and ignore them. Change the helpers number. As you can see they will only
Send other helpless victims and not those thugs. You and your kids are safe. Singapore is super safe when it comes to stuff like this.
The police will most likely have more frequent patrols at your place. Hang in there and fight the time. Once they know they can’t get anything from you, they will give up. It will be over real soon.
100 percent there won’t be any physical harm.
Yes we block all unknown number. We have send our helper back to indo. I cant keep someone who put my family at risk. Thanks alot, i really pray and hope all these will be over soon.

Reaction score
How do you know is scammer? Our IO called today and they manage to found the helper who drop off love letters at our place. She was being arrested. But IO mention us to be careful because not sure if they will send runner up again... sigh dk why so unluckily kena this kind of maid giving us hell problems when we are not the one who borrow the money

Scammer means uses fear and lies to make you pay. You can never finish paying because they will always invent new reasons for you to owe them money, there is no end if you ever pay.

vs loan sharks, similar but when you really pay finish, they will let you go.

Reaction score
Not sure if it makes business sense to them to send runners or commandos down to harass for a $250 which i have given them $560 before that.

Lets c!
Cheers!
What they do has no logic, the idea is to use fear, threat and lies tactics to get you to pay. Do not pay!

If harassed, there is enough advice here in what to do, ironically once that happens, and you continue to ignore them, they will give up and move on to the next victim.

Hang in there and do not be afraid.
Get on with life, don't spend too much time dwelling on this.

AntiLoanScam

Reaction score
As for those who are been scammed in singapore recently - Please do not fear and give in.
Even you continue to pay it will only prolong the ending - Trust SPF and 'DO NOT PAY' - SPF have caught so many runner and base on the current rate is 100%. Once runner decided to act - They will need to hide whereby in singapore this is impossible due to the island full of camera.
Gentle reminder: Do not overestimate what they can do to you and underestimate the SPF.
Send 1x runner = 1arrested + Jail Term + Canning
Not only that - SPF is also giving a very stern warning to the UML/Scammer out there - You can run but You cannot hide.
Bear in mind - UML/Scammer do not have the so call worker, they are using victim who fear them to help on their illegal activity.
Scammed Cases - Block Block & Block / Report Police / Ghost them / De-activate all social media / Install a camera. (Monitor >2 month closely) & You will be free and finally understand all the past worries is nothing and just an empty threat. Remind yourself always and be confident in SPF as well as ''THIS'' is singapore.
If you are still unconvinced - spend the time reading all the pages that ''WE'' have contributed instead of worrying what they will do next. The one speaking and threatening you, most probably not in singapore and the only way to find a runner will be during victim are fearful of them and been force to do the dirty job whereby SPF will deal and punish them real soon.

babyshark2004

Reaction score
just found out this thread and do some sharing on what i did to deal the situation.

scammer or shark, had been harassed me for some weeks due to my helper's stupidness. while i run business for many years, this kind of issues dont bother me at all. just share so that fellow Singaporeans knows how to handle this.

1. make a police report. note here i put myself as the victim, not helper. if helper was logged as victim, later very likely she could be sent out sg, and blacklisted to enter sg.

2. stop helper using her phone, unless calling family. request her to rest at home on Sunday.

3. tell helper not to make any payment further.

4. tell family members to block all stranger calls. Note scammer or shark dont use real SG sim to call. their number will start with +65, while real local sim just show 8 digits. So it is easy to identify calls from scammer or shark. if kiasu, just dont answer any new number calls.

unknown number, or foreign numbers all dont answer, and block.

in case you ever listen to whatever rubbish they say, those were just rubbish. dont bother.

5. unplug home line. anyway no one using, but it was leaked to scammer or shark by helper.

6. my fb acct was very restricted (it is always good to tighten your privacy settings.), but they managed to grab my profile photo.

one lawyer friend alerted me someone in facebook posting harassment msg with my profile photo.

i tracked down the facebook post and reported it. fb took down the post in 2 to 3 hours, and likely to disable the acct if similar post appear again.

i spent some efforts to back-track the person, but lawyer friend said don't bother.
  7. door harassment ... not for my place. grab food harassment, dont see yet.

so in summary:
- report to police and never pay.
- cut off communication unless you want to learn what they say.
- dont fear anything. SPF is there to help. they want money only. if they know cannot get money, they will give up.
- better management on helper.

Last edited:

Huilan3105

Reaction score
I am writing in this forum again.

I had receive a letter from them after months of peace.

They asking me to contact them a certain number but I had report to police.

My IO ask me to continue to ignore them n inform the police if anymore harressment.

NotAloneInThis

Reaction score
After 1 month, they came to harass my house now.
I never even borrow, they told my family say i borrow money and even have my ex wife nric as guarantor.
They claim that i own them 8k.
Seriously, really easy money by just talking?
Best part, no one believe me...
Knn, if they hurt my family, i will make sure they pay for it!

Last edited:

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never even borrow, they told my family say i borrow money and even have my ex wife nric as guarantor.
Please report police asap. Police should be able to get the runner

Reaction score
I am writing in this forum again.

I had receive a letter from them after months of peace.

They asking me to contact them a certain number but I had report to police.

My IO ask me to continue to ignore them n inform the police if anymore harressment.
Just ignore. Any harassment, file report. stay strong!

Reaction score
i believe you, convince the Important people around you that you have been scammed.

Once they harass you and still get nothing, they will leave you alone. Stay strong!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.