Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Reaction score
Thanks. Mentally im really trying hard to stay strong.
How to face my kid in future?
Really life ruined.

Just tell them Papa was scammed. Scammers use lies and threats to trick Papa, scammers are bad.

Really don't waste your time dwelling on it, move on to the more important things in life. Eat well, sleep well, move on!

See this video - it explains what happens in the background.

NotAloneInThis

Reaction score
Just tell them Papa was scammed. Scammers use lies and threats to trick Papa, scammers are bad.

Really don't waste your time dwelling on it, move on to the more important things in life. Eat well, sleep well, move on!

See this video - it explains what happens in the background.

Thanks but the problem is that no one believe in what i say.

AntiLoanScam

Reaction score
i believe you, convince the Important people around you that you have been scammed.

Once they harass you and still get nothing, they will leave you alone. Stay strong!
Yes totally agree with JL2018 - They are sending those so call worker who may be like every victim out there who fear them and started to work for them in whatever reason - Be rest assure runner only act when there is no one around and be alert with your surrounding - Whoever and whenever they send a runner - 100% get caught and in return send the mastermind a STERN warning - ''Runner lurking around the forum'' - Think b4 you act!

AntiLoanScam

Reaction score
After 1 month, they came to harass my house now.
I never even borrow, they told my family say i borrow money and even have my ex wife nric as guarantor.
They claim that i own them 8k.
Seriously, really easy money by just talking?
Best part, no one believe me...
Knn, if they hurt my family, i will make sure they pay for it!
Do you mean they visited your house? - If so - you can report SPF and the runner will be arrested immediately.

AntiLoanScam

Reaction score
I am writing in this forum again.

I had receive a letter from them after months of peace.

They asking me to contact them a certain number but I had report to police.

My IO ask me to continue to ignore them n inform the police if anymore harressment.
Base on your information - they are just trying to create fear and see whether will you pay them - As i believe they feel is harder to prey on the innocent victim - so as long as victim data which they cheated and collected, once in a while they may try to be funny and if you contact the number - they will be able to get your new number and start the harassment and cause fear in you thru msg and whatapps.
So just ignore - Be alert always with your surrounding and report to SPF as long as you sense something not right.

AntiLoanScam

Reaction score
A piece of advise to victim out there:
1) Unlink google search engine on your social apps such as facebook etc - as this is the best way for scammer to retrieve your NOK information.
2) Set all social media to private - Do not accept any suspicious character adding you in social media.
3) Change a new contact number if possible.
4) De-activate all PayNow & PayLah etc.
5) Cancel current bank account.
6) Stay low-profile in social media for the time being (>3mth)
As long as they have no way to contact you - they are basically useless and they will definitely move on.
Right now due to the current pandemic - Restriction of stricter measure - movement will be lesser and runner image will be more easily trace once they strike - Now i rate it as 101% arrested.
Always remember: Do not overestimate what they can do to you but underestimate what SPF can do for you.
As i believe many ppl out there will feel they have receive much lesser of all this loan or gambling msg since the start of feb 2021 - Have trust in SPF and move on with your current life - treat it as a lesson learnt which is in a hard and painful way. Time will heal everything and most importantly stay positive. We cannot stop those scammer in whatever way they wanna do but we can stay alert always and be ready when they strike.
'Do Not Fear & Do Not Pay!' - Stay safe everyone!

AntiLoanScam

Reaction score
I really got no idea what technology they use. I check with some friends, they told me its not difficult to find out.
We saw from many media reporting about information been leak out such as the recent telecom and security dept - so there may be a dark web or illegal web selling all this data or information. There was a recent case - a family who did not get a loan at all was harass by LS.
(One suspect is believed to have provided false contact information leading to harassment being carried out against an innocent victim’s residence.)

https://www.police.gov.sg/media-roo...investigated_in_latest_antiloansharking_blitz

curiosity_20

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't understand why people would risk doing loan shark business despite the severe punishment for first time offenders. It's really throwing their lives away for the sake of that bit of money. 🤷‍♂️

First-time offenders convicted of loanshark harassment face mandatory imprisonment of up to five years, mandatory caning of up to six strokes and a fine of between S$5,000 and S$50,000.

Can someone educate the Malaysians coming to Singapore that loan sharking is treated as very serious crime here?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.