Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

WhyMe!

Reaction score
Hi All

May i check whether anyone received loanshark harrassment letter to your neighbours after one year of silence from them. Yesterday my immediate neighbor received a letter with IC print out and face picture which was captured 2 years ago of myself. I also received the same letter. Why are they so persistent?

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
Hi All

May i check whether anyone received loanshark harrassment letter to your neighbours after one year of silence from them. Yesterday my immediate neighbor received a letter with IC print out and face picture which was captured 2 years ago of myself. I also received the same letter. Why are they so persistent?
It rarely happens but it happens. Personally for me the whole episode started again many months later too. I just did the exact same thing. It is bloody irritating to go through it again.

The only advise is to do the exact same thing you did previously. Continue to block them and make police report in case of any harassment. The police will definitely track down the harassers. You got scammed?

WhyMe!

Reaction score
It rarely happens but it happens. Personally for me the whole episode started again many months later too. I just did the exact same thing. It is bloody irritating to go through it again.

The only advise is to do the exact same thing you did previously. Continue to block them and make police report in case of any harassment. The police will definitely track down the harassers. You got scammed?
Yes...got scammed big time....sigh....

WhyMe!

Reaction score
Just do what you did the last time. Just do the same thing and this will be short-lived. It sucks that it feels like it started again, but you gotta fight it out again.
Yes. Thanks for the advise. Just when think it is over....very exhausting.

richsg300

Reaction score
Happen to me few years back after an oversea holiday trip. Reached home 1am plus only to find out the runner super glued my metal gate in the process of damaging the whole lock set and wall painted outside my unit wall with love letter.

The only thing is that the runner forgot to super glued another side of the lockset and I manage to get into my house. Called police, dusted for finger marks. My kid was crying by then.

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happen to me few years back after an oversea holiday trip. Reached home 1am plus only to find out the runner super glued my metal gate in the process of damaging the whole lock set and wall painted outside my unit wall with love letter.

The only thing is that the runner forgot to super glued another side of the lockset and I manage to get into my house. Called police, dusted for finger marks. My kid was crying by then.
sorry to hear that..hope the police manage to catch them

richsg300

Reaction score
Hopefully so and the best part is I am not the borrower, the borrower stay 3 floors below and is at the other end of the same HDB blk.

AntiLoanScam

Reaction score
Hi All

Hi - This show that they are desperate for victim as i believe right now is hard to get new victim so they are trying their luck with previous victim that they feel is contactable and will give in. They can't do much at all as all this runner was been force and threaten to do the dirty job for them - (Bear in mind - these are not the commando), just report and report to SPF - I guarantee they won't last long and those who act on behalf of them, sure 100% get caught.

WhyMe!

Reaction score
Hi - This show that they are desperate for victim as i believe right now is hard to get new victim so they are trying their luck with previous victim that they feel is contactable and will give in. They can't do much at all as all this runner was been force and threaten to do the dirty job for them - (Bear in mind - these are not the commando), just report and report to SPF - I guarantee they won't last long and those who act on behalf of them, sure 100% get caught.
Yes..i believe so too. Send out letters to ex victims...see who contacts them...then bingo...the circle will start all over again. Dear all pls do not give in to these letters. Don't waste your time with these devils.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
Yes..i believe so too. Send out letters to ex victims...see who contacts them...then bingo...the circle will start all over again. Dear all pls do not give in to these letters. Don't waste your time with these devils.

hey man! Hope they have stopped after the letter.

xmysticalzx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got harassed by them and change number, i think currently as they are unable to contact me, they even called up my work place. Wow... They quite fast and efficient on this eh. I have informed office about this harassment by them and heard that they sounded nasty and crude, spewing vulgarities.
So whats next??
Called IO up and he said this is normal and most probably they wanted me to show up and feed them some monies otherwise they try to me sacked by harassing office.
Still i will not contact them in anyway.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
Got harassed by them and change number, i think currently as they are unable to contact me, they even called up my work place. Wow... They quite fast and efficient on this eh. I have informed office about this harassment by them and heard that they sounded nasty and crude, spewing vulgarities.
So whats next??
Called IO up and he said this is normal and most probably they wanted me to show up and feed them some monies otherwise they try to me sacked by harassing office.
Still i will not contact them in anyway.

This is always their method. You carry on ignoring them. Tell your NOK to do the same if they contact them. Just hang in there and weather the storm. I would say around 3 months. Office and NOK usually short while only. It will be over real soon. Install a cctv just in case. Any suspicious people around your place straight away call 999 and submit the footage to the cops. Let them investigate. Hope u have closed your bank account too.

The starting is usually the hardest, but it eventually ease up. Stay strong, and stay healthy. NEVER EVER PAY!

xmysticalzx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is always their method. You carry on ignoring them. Tell your NOK to do the same if they contact them. Just hang in there and weather the storm. I would say around 3 months. Office and NOK usually short while only. It will be over real soon. Install a cctv just in case. Any suspicious people around your place straight away call 999 and submit the footage to the cops. Let them investigate. Hope u have closed your bank account too.

The starting is usually the hardest, but it eventually ease up. Stay strong, and stay healthy. NEVER EVER PAY!
Hey man, thanks for the advices and encouragement.
For NOK side, i have done the necessary. But now everyday, quite tensed and nervous, wonder how long will they call the office eh? Hope this will be over like real soon. Will they find out about other contact numbers, think they may have their ways though

NotAloneInThis

Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for the advices and encouragement.
For NOK side, i have done the necessary. But now everyday, quite tensed and nervous, wonder how long will they call the office eh? Hope this will be over like real soon. Will they find out about other contact numbers, think they may have their ways though
Yes,
It really makes me wonder how did they get NOK contacts when it was not even given to them.

acehzl

Reaction score
Hi, there hasn’t been an update here recently, but I’d like to ask for some advise please.

i did borrow from these uml, but I always defer without issues. Im planning to clear one day, and i feel like its my responsibility, no matter what, i did borrow anyway, only right that i return.

Question is: after clear, u reckon they will leave me alone? Should clear or shouldnt clear or how?

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
Hi, there hasn’t been an update here recently, but I’d like to ask for some advise please.

i did borrow from these uml, but I always defer without issues. Im planning to clear one day, and i feel like its my responsibility, no matter what, i did borrow anyway, only right that i return.

Question is: after clear, u reckon they will leave me alone? Should clear or shouldnt clear or how?
If you have been clearing diligently, you might be implicated in assisting the UML. Most advises from previous thread is to stop paying. I think it will be better to follow their advise.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.