Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

acehzl

Reaction score
If you have been clearing diligently, you might be implicated in assisting the UML. Most advises from previous thread is to stop paying. I think it will be better to follow their advise.
Hi thank you so much for responding. I have managed to clear some, but i was stupid enough to go borrow from a new one to clear the other one. I got scared reading how I might be implicated when i provide account number or when i transfer to another account. Now I have one UML that is new, just took, havent pay. After reading all the advises here, I'm inclined to not pay. But at the same time, I havent paid this one a single cent. Unlike the rest which I have been deferring for quite a while. Would it be okay to just not pay? :(

acehzl

Reaction score
I have 4 UML now in my belt. And after much thought and will power, I have decided that I will stop paying. Very fast, the harassment have started. All my friends in fb have received images of my name and ic all that. I have deactivated all social media account and block all their numbers. So i have no idea what they will do and say now. Going to brave through this, pray for me

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 4 UML now in my belt. And after much thought and will power, I have decided that I will stop paying. Very fast, the harassment have started. All my friends in fb have received images of my name and ic all that. I have deactivated all social media account and block all their numbers. So i have no idea what they will do and say now. Going to brave through this, pray for me
Wow...do keep us update. How long was this since?

acehzl

Reaction score
Wow...do keep us update. How long was this since?
It's only been 4 months actually. I only took 2 loans initially, and then I keep deferring both. So i wanted to clear, I go borrow from another 2 to clear the 2. Then the first 2 came back ask me still need, I go take again because i stupid. So now I got 4. I try not to defer but instead i clear and retake each time. clear and reloan. clear and reloan.

Wah I see now why its best to make a fresh start because they will always come back and tempt you and money is super evil and the biggest temptation of all.

so now that i've decided to block them, all 4 is kind of "new loans" because i didnt do deferment. i just clear and then retake. which means to them, i didnt pay at all. which will probably make them kinda mad. total the four loans with repayment is 5 digit.

I kinda feel guilty because I do believe money taken must be returned. And I indeed took the money from them. Which is why I've never defaulted on payment. But from all the post here, i realised that the money i returned wasn't gonna go back to them anyway, its just going to another debtor like myself. and yes, i also realise how i may have been "helping" them in that sense.

the money i have planned on paying them back, i shall donate to charity or give the church or something. hope maybe this will give me some kind of stronger will power to stop myself from going back to them.

as of yesterday - its day 1 of harassment, and i believe from one UML only. they have send my images and IC to all my friends in FB. And they send grabfood to my house. I still waiting to see what the other 3 is gonna do.

Last edited:

acehzl

Reaction score
U pay full or never pay at all is all same thing, they won't stop.
Stop while your bank acct haven't implicated yet otherwise police will come for you which is more jialat.
I never paid 15+ stalls 2 years ago, they came one time splashed my door then that's it. We have to face the consequences.
Lucky if they won't come but crossed finger..
Good luck
Wow 15. That's an amazing fall to get back up on. Kudos to you for braving through. I was thinking if 1 uml will have a certain harassment done...so if you have 15, all 15 will send then your harassment will be 15 times more crazy. Was it like that?

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow 15. That's an amazing fall to get back up on. Kudos to you for braving through. I was thinking if 1 uml will have a certain harassment done...so if you have 15, all 15 will send then your harassment will be 15 times more crazy. Was it like that?
for all you know, all could just belong to one stall. the lender hp is being circulated around the sharks

Matime_88

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m a victim.. I have cleared a UML before but recently was tempted to borrow from 2 different UML but I only provided my bank details I was thinking should I block them and wondering will they be able to find me ? Since I never provide my IC or where I stay

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I’m a victim.. I have cleared a UML before but recently was tempted to borrow from 2 different UML but I only provided my bank details I was thinking should I block them and wondering will they be able to find me ? Since I never provide my IC or where I stay
Now can borrow without nric?
Desperate time i guess

Matime_88

Reaction score
Now can borrow without nric?
Desperate time i guess
Not sure, but they probably gotten my number only which I don’t know whether have anyone else also face the same situation as me. At first they did ask, but I was very desperate to seek for the Money. And they just say need my bank account and can transferred

dudeneedsadvice

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm asking this because a friend of mine is currently in the never-ending situation will UML. I did not seek her consent before this post and if she knows about it, she probably will hate me for life.

I have read most of the thread here and have seen alot of good advices in how to stop this vicious cycle. However my friend situation is a bit tricky in my opinion. So before any of you decided to flame my friend, I hope you could read the situation and provide the option for her consideration. It started of like this.

Few years ago, she acted as a guarantor for a very good friend of her. Being naive and trustworthy of her friend, she agreed to do so.
However her so called good friend bailed out on her and run away. So under the threat of the UML, she started paying for her friend. While I'm not sure how much was the initate amount, I suspected it was close to 5k before interest kicks in.

So after some time, being a mother of 2 young kids where majority of the family expenses falls on her shoulder, she knew she could not continue afford to pay anymore as the snowballing effect started to get crazy. Now if you asked why the husband didn't help out on the family expenses, apparently the husband doesn't really care about the family and his contributions is pretty non existence. What she said was the husband simply does a "he contributes 100 but will ask 200 in return"

And so the ULM told her to be their runner by providing her bank account to them. She doesn't engage in these horror O$P$ activity. And yes out of desperation, she did. I only learned about that after she confided to me one day few years ago but it was too late, as she had taken up the role. However that was few years ago and she has since stopped helping the ULM after doing that for few months but is still continue to pay them date.

And fast forward, just recently she asked me to help her financially and that's why I learned the full story happened thereafter. As she was struggling to meet months end for her family, and when she could not reply the weekly sum, she went ahead to borrow another loan from the same UML just to pay back to them (yes I know its dumb) and right now she is in debt around 5 figures.

After hearing her story I decided to google and found this thread which I have read most of the reply since yesterday. I advised her to follow the the advice here that is to make a police report, change all contact number, installation of CCTVs etc. However she told me she doesn't want to make a police report due to the following reasons

1. Because she used to be a runner for UML, she fears that this dark history will lead her in jail and no one will be around for her daughters as her husband doesn't really provide the financial to the family. Her daughters are also much closer to my friend.

2. I learned that she is planning to go through a divorce procedure with her husband in two years. She fears that this will implicate the custody of her daughters. She really loves them alot to the extend of getting loan from UML

In view of the above, my question is, should I manage to convince her to make a report, will her dark history comes back and haunt her in particular on point 1? I really do not want to see her continue suffering from all these anymore, in fact I'm willing to help her at least half of her weekly payment. But as we all know as long as you are estranged with UML, the nightmare will never end. So i really want to put a stop for her. I have also thought of calling the x ah long hotline on behalf of her, but I'm not too sure if it would be appropriate since I'm concerned of the point 1 as well. But please reassue she is no longer engage in these activities since it ended few years ago.

hence I am looking for some solid advice especially from people who had a similar history as my friend.

Much appreciated to all.

Matime_88

Reaction score
Hi i previously got loan from a UML, but has fully repay but I was stupidly tempted to loan again recently from UNL but this time I didn't provide them any of my IC or relatives number but just today they manage to contact my brother. So I was wondering will they still be able to find my house address and should I do ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.