Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dowana liaise with them anymore. Bt what is al? And why prepare popcorn? Are there cases where they dont lock gate, splash paint and love letters?

AL = Ah Long
Prepare popcorn to eat and watch show.

Under the Moneylenders Act (Revised Edition 2010), first-time offenders found guilty of loan shark harassment can be fined up to $50,000, jailed for up to five years and caned at least six times.

Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...o-allegedly-set-door-of-hdb-flat-on-fire-back

Sallyish

Reaction score
Please don't try to delude yourself into thinking that you can get away with a scratch. Be mentally prepared that there will be some form of verbal and physical harassment. Mostly calls, WhatsApp, SMS from unknown and no caller ID numbers to your phone, NOK and work place. Physical harassment, expect at the very least love letters being sent to your house. Whether or not it will escalate to locked gates, splashed paint and burning down the door - who knows? Even we also don't know.

But you have to be prepared for such things to happen, so let your family and work place know what is going on and what are the steps they can take to lessen the harassment. Go and read this whole thread twice through tonight to get a sense of what is the process of the harassment and the preventive measures.

Ok thank u

Aphazel

Reaction score
Ok thank u

Today is my due date to defer and will not pay them. So this is it then the starting of nightmare. Eventhough after reading all posts here like simple but honestly speaking its quite stressing for me especially when the safety of my kids is involved.

lesnar88

Reaction score
In the act of defense, if they make a move towards me i am not wrong to use mah?

AL won't come one la. All overseas. The closest you're dealing with is the runner. Then again also not say they will come take parang fight u. Trust me all humji one. You don't even know who the runner and you don't even know how they will harrass and when.

lesnar88

Reaction score
Today is my due date to defer and will not pay them. So this is it then the starting of nightmare. Eventhough after reading all posts here like simple but honestly speaking its quite stressing for me especially when the safety of my kids is involved.

Of cos stressed. If everyday you shout at your kids, your kids also scared ma. Thats the same lor, AL shouting and threatening at you. But all empty vessels one la. How often you see us debtors here in this forum kena paint splash and lock gate? Mostly love letters?

Last edited:

khunjuno

Reaction score
In the act of defense, if they make a move towards me i am not wrong to use mah?

This one not Hong Kong drama, they won't come and find you personally one la. Want to come also will ask runner to splash paint or lock gate or do those indirect harassment. Save yourself the trouble, if you are caught at MRT or randomly screened in public with a weapon you could be charged with possession of a deadly weapon.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
AL won't come one la. All overseas. The closest you're dealing with is the runner. Then again also not say they will come take parang fight u. Trust me all humji one. You don't even know who the runner and you don't even know how they will harrass and when.

Normally those runner are debtor them self same like you.
They are forced to work for AL because no way to clear the debt.
Those debtor should straight away go to Police instead make use by AL.

25chic

Reaction score

Mentally draining actually...just by receiving non-stop calls/texts/threats. My phone was bombed last night and I went to NPP yesterday again coz was just too stressed. The officer saw all live threats "CONFIRM FIND U WAN", 'I MAKE SURE U DIE" "CONFIRM U DIE"

As expected, they didn't turn up last night, so i slept thru with my phones on silent, pulled out the home phone line (just in case), block all calls on my nok's mobile too. They called, texted all night. After all the threats, one of them asked this morning if today can do. LOL. Phone calls still ongoing. I'm reading all texts too. Not gonna let them get to me. Breathe.

Now, is the waiting game.

Sallyish

Reaction score
This one not Hong Kong drama, they won't come and find you personally one la. Want to come also will ask runner to splash paint or lock gate or do those indirect harassment. Save yourself the trouble, if you are caught at MRT or randomly screened in public with a weapon you could be charged with possession of a deadly weapon.

Okla. bt i got report mah. Since u say this i shall leave the knife lorr..

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Of cos stressed. If everyday you shout at your kids, your kids also scared ma. Thats the same lor, AL shouting and threatening at you. But all empty vessels one la. How often you see us debtors here in this forum kena paint splash and lock gate? Mostly love letters?

No need to scare.change no so that u won't see their threaten msg..in Singapore yr kids are safe.is not Malaysia or hk..if they so garang no need do ah long liao..Singapore so many rich man.kinapped their children better la .

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Normally those runner are debtor them self same like you.
They are forced to work for AL because no way to clear the debt.
Those debtor should straight away go to Police instead make use by AL.

Rmb they only harass and nothing else.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Mentally draining actually...just by receiving non-stop calls/texts/threats. My phone was bombed last night and I went to NPP yesterday again coz was just too stressed. The officer saw all live threats "CONFIRM FIND U WAN", 'I MAKE SURE U DIE" "CONFIRM U DIE"

As expected, they didn't turn up last night, so i slept thru with my phones on silent, pulled out the home phone line (just in case), block all calls on my nok's mobile too. They called, texted all night. After all the threats, one of them asked this morning if today can do. LOL. Phone calls still ongoing. I'm reading all texts too. Not gonna let them get to me. Breathe.

Now, is the waiting game.

This one *******wei only. All template Ctrl C, Ctrl V. Sit on toilet also can do. Not much thought put into it. Do not respond to them, do not engage them, and DON'T TRANSFER MONEY.

Nobody knows when it will stop, but what's certain is after a while, you confirm will cannot be bothered. Like flies.

Sharuu

Reaction score
So, do you read their messages? Care to share how long you've been "undergoing" their harassment?

No, I see preview then I ignore. Last time I kept log to see frequency and to just check what nonsense they tell me, but these days I busy. They stopped after I ignored them for about 4 weeks. But sometimes still get calls from random numbers, that I screen using a paid app (Drupe or Trucaller). I don't care about those calls, it happens to a lot of people.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
This one *******wei only. All template Ctrl C, Ctrl V. Sit on toilet also can do. Not much thought put into it. Do not respond to them, do not engage them, and DON'T TRANSFER MONEY.

Nobody knows when it will stop, but what's certain is after a while, you confirm will cannot be bothered. Like flies.

Ya la..I got lot of templates too.can forward u all...

Aphazel

Reaction score

I guess diff AL diff methods of harassments i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.