Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro I think your IQ is not low to think al do not vet the person before parting their money. Having your face and address are not good enough to qualify for a loan.

How old are you? Why so naive and gullible? Lost or stolen IC and AL will definitely be involved?

Why need to give? Don’t go to Loanshark pls. You can read a lot of stories and OST experiences here. Don’t be a victim and put yourself in jeopardy.

No la cos i've heard my friend say if you lose ur ic people can take and loan from loan shark?

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Precisely. Seriously I think he is just asking for fun to test water to see if he use the excuse if he lost his Ic and will be able to get loan from loansharks.

Why start a fire when you can’t pull it off? Nothing to be paranoid about. If lose your Ic, lodge a police report. Period. No need to think what if someone use it for AL. Even so, whoever pick up your Ic won’t know much about your employment history, NOK number, or your Cpf of hdb details.

Again, pls use your common sense.

Bro I think your IQ is not low to think al do not vet the person before parting their money. Having your face and address are not good enough to qualify for a loan.

Why need to give? Don’t go to Loanshark pls. You can read a lot of stories and OST experiences here. Don’t be a victim and put yourself in jeopardy.

No la cos i've heard my friend say if you lose ur ic people can take and loan from loan shark?

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
liken loansharks to fire or quicksand

once u touched it, you will either be burned or drowned

those who are tempting to loan from them, think twice, thrice and 10 times

Alienbubu

Reaction score
U loan 1k and have to pay back more than the initial amt in less than a month. Every week u got to churn out hundreds of dollars to pay them. If you have any financial issues don't borrow from them, u will not be able to pay. If you really can pay back everything with interest in such a short period of time... U are better off saving that money for urself, pay ur bills etc.

goragora

Reaction score
After reading all the replies in this thread, I also decided to pluck my courage and put a stop to this extortion.

I have stopped paying and reported police. Now waiting for IO to call back. Going bank change account no. and buy CCTV today.

For social media what will they do? I read the rest so far but bot much on social media.

Last edited:

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
They will usually save your photos if you set it on public. Especially those with your family. And also pm your friends. Just to get to you. So best is to deactivate all of it.

After reading all the replies in this thread, I also decided to pluck my courage and put a stop to this extortion.

I have stopped paying and reported police. Now waiting for IO to call back. Going bank change account no. and buy CCTV today.

For social media what will they do? I read the rest so far but bot much on social media.

goragora

Reaction score
I already deactivated and put everything to private yesterday. Just afraid some may have gotten out before I put to private.

They will usually save your photos if you set it on public. Especially those with your family. And also pm your friends. Just to get to you. So best is to deactivate all of it.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Install cctv for now. You can go Qoo10 and find some cheap ones just to withstand for the time period. Most importantly don’t give in to their threats.

Calls and Whatsapp have lah, but informed colleagues, NOK, so all blocked and just block everything.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those that have gotten out, nothing much you can do. But making it pte now is a good choice to prevent any further leaks

I already deactivated and put everything to private yesterday. Just afraid some may have gotten out before I put to private.

dandandandan

Reaction score
been quiet here for almost 2 days.... hows everyone doing?

as mentioned previously. my friend did not make payment to one of the AL coz he chu stub. peaceful 1 week . then the AL's Boss called and request my friend to clear his 900 coz last week his worker is new comers so attitude no good . So my friend cleared . now my friend nv owe any AL , coz all clear acc . now just waiting to see if those AL wanna chu stun and play pattern .

Heaven

Reaction score
Doing bad. Borrowed from 3 Al couldnt pay them the weekly. Been treatening to come down to my office and report to my supervisor

Anyone can advise me what can i do. New here. Been really stressful not sure who to look for.

Reaction score
I get death threats.... warning threats.... all sorts... even play the family card...

have u done or follow any of the advices in this thread?

Doing bad. Borrowed from 3 Al couldnt pay them the weekly. Been treatening to come down to my office and report to my supervisor

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unlikely they will dare to make an appearance at your office. At most make phone call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.