Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trustdade

Reaction score
Bro if not paid n new loan how cannot affort to pay liao. I already lodge a police report. Will go down to town council tmr to apply cctv permit. I already inform my sis all to block them and ignore them. Dun care them liao. Tmr i have a loan that is up but i am going to off my phone tmr. If they call my NOK they jus put down the phone n block them off.

Wa...long story leh..haha..anyway like all the comments by the senior here. The uml are only taking advantage of our fear..as long as you had paid enough,need not fear them..they might come once or twice, but dont give in, by paying them we are only funding them more money to hire more runners.

Adam0210

Reaction score
thank you. But I told them that I’m not paying anymore. I’m going to tell my wife. As I really didn’t know. I was desperate. I can’t close my bank account as it is hacked and there was an unauthorised transaction. I am waiting for the response from the bank. If I change now. I can’t get back the money. It will take 14 days.

If they transfer any money. I’ll just withdraw it and go to the police to make a report.

I’m ready to man up. As I have my fault as well.

Mike-2806

Reaction score
No really 30 ls..i got around 20 lml and 20ls..i settle my lml by negotiating for money installment..of coz intially they dont accept..but once i told them im going for bankcruptcy they accepted it. For the LS, it is really a big fight. Just like everyone i was scared.I try every means to pay them and once they sense that i can pay, the threat was relentless. Finally i pick up my courage and call the police. This is the turning point. I stop paying, i change my number, install cctv, put down my ego and explain to my neighbour fearing their home get vandalised. Yes,
they came my home 3 times, splashing paint. After a year or so. Everything is fine. It was 5 years since the last attack. Now im just a poor joe working hard to my debts..but at least i survive thru.
Then how u deal with it..I 15 ls already quite headache Liao..u 30ls..

green72

Reaction score
thank you. But I told them that I’m not paying anymore. I’m going to tell my wife. As I really didn’t know. I was desperate. I can’t close my bank account as it is hacked and there was an unauthorised transaction. I am waiting for the response from the bank. If I change now. I can’t get back the money. It will take 14 days.

If they transfer any money. I’ll just withdraw it and go to the police to make a report.

I’m ready to man up. As I have my fault as well.
Good move bro. No need to inform the UML that you are not going to pay. Just go dark on them and they will know.
The idea of stopping all contacts with them is basically to prevent them from "practising" their skill, to harass and scare you to pay. Don't pay.

Just take comfort that they already earn $250 from you. So your conscience should be clear that you don't owe them anything.

Be truthful in the police report, say you take up loan instead of saying you got scammed.

I know the hardest part is to own up to your wife and family. Stay strong, focus all your energy now to protect them, as I and the rest did.

Last edited:

Adam0210

Reaction score
Good move bro. No need to inform the UML that you are not going to pay. Just go dark on them and they will know.
The idea of stopping all contacts with them is basically to prevent them from "practising" their skill, to harass and scare you to pay. Don't pay.

Just take comfort that they already earn $250 from you. So your conscience should be clear that you don't owe them anything.

Be truthful in the police report, say you take up loan instead of saying you got scammed.

I know the hardest part is to own up to your wife and family. Stay strong, focus all your energy now to protect them, as I and the rest did.

Will I be in trouble if I report that I loan instead of scammed?

Thank you.

green72

Reaction score
Will I be in trouble if I report that I loan instead of scammed?

Thank you.
You will be alright. To make a false report then you'll be in trouble.

SPF needs the real info for them to efficiently do their work.

But some just tell their NOK they are scammed to save face but tell the truth in their police report. Food for thought.

Last edited:

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya same. There was once borrowed from a childhood friend bcos my grandma passed away and I had to fork out 2.8k more but short of 1.1k so I borrowed from my childhood friend and told her pay day pay her. Not even pay day already kpkb abt the sum and spread around to other friends, and say me nasty things on whatsapp, I get so angry and sad yet borrow from LS. It gets me even worse at that point of time as I kept on using loan to cover the other one. Which in the long run thank god for parents whom helped me to pay. That’s why never trust friends, I rather put in all effort on my parents. Last time when I treat them eat or drink all come. Talk about money to friends and relatives all run. Knn.

Sigh. That's a saying. When 10 good things happened to you, no one remember. When 1 bad thing happened, everyone remember. Some will stay with u, some will drift and even condemn u. The latter stands higher percentage. I been thru it and it proven. That's why now I don't give a **** to my surroundings. Only keep those who are genuine. My attention is my family only.

Adam0210

Reaction score
You will be alright. To make a false report then you'll be in trouble.

SPF needs the real info for them to efficiently do their work.

But some just tell their NOK they are scammed to save face but tell the truth in their police report. Food for thought.

Thank you all for the reply.

And one more thing. Coz inknow the loan sharks will contact me again in 5 days time. Should I tell them that I already made a police report once I done so? Or just ignore their call and messages?

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:

Boo_lady

Reaction score
Ya same. There was once borrowed from a childhood friend bcos my grandma passed away and I had to fork out 2.8k more but short of 1.1k so I borrowed from my childhood friend and told her pay day pay her. Not even pay day already kpkb abt the sum and spread around to other friends, and say me nasty things on whatsapp, I get so angry and sad yet borrow from LS. It gets me even worse at that point of time as I kept on using loan to cover the other one. Which in the long run thank god for parents whom helped me to pay. That’s why never trust friends, I rather put in all effort on my parents. Last time when I treat them eat or drink all come. Talk about money to friends and relatives all run. Knn.

Sometimes normal friends are more helpful than closer ones. Few years back, I went through down pit. I loss my job, broke up with my ex of 8 years (cos of him, I was in bank debts due to his gambling habit), financial broke, family found me useless, good friends (even bff for a decade) drifted away cos I was in depression mode and being very negative. I had left with nothing. Almost killed myself. But gradually overcame it. Had a hard time being strong especially those friends whom drifted and didn't wanna hung out with me. I realized why should I live my life for them? Just **** off my life then if u are looking down on me. I can't say I'm successful or capable. I do have my own online business (sub line) currently which I did everything myself. Somehow I did it just to tell these people, everybody will go through bad times. I'm glad I face it earlier and stand up stronger than u guys. Thanks for teaching me the meaning of life.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Thank you all for the reply.

And one more thing. Coz inknow the loan sharks will contact me again in 5 days time. Should I tell them that I already made a police report once I done so? Or just ignore their call and messages?

Thanks again everyone.

Please, stop the contacts already. They will try to barrage you with calls, sms and whatsapp msg after that day. Ready yourself by blocking their number.

Install an app Call blocker by Vlad Lee. Set to contact list and block unknown number. Set your social media accounts to private or deactivate. Do this for your NOK. For SMS block numbers and slso use phrase block.

Stop all contacts with them. No need to tell them anything. The earlier they know, the earlier the harassment starts. Give yourself 5 days of peace and to get strength.

Get ready to call or email I/O on ALL forms of harassment. Be ready to call 999 after that day if they send someone to your place. Don't engage them, keep door close and immediately call 999.

Adam0210

Reaction score
Please, stop the contacts already. They will try to barrage you with calls, sms and whatsapp msg after that day. Ready yourself by blocking their number.

Install an app Call blocker by Vlad Lee. Set to contact list and block unknown number. Set your social media accounts to private or deactivate. Do this for your NOK. For SMS block numbers and slso use phrase block.

Stop all contacts with them. No need to tell them anything. The earlier they know, the earlier the harassment starts. Give yourself 5 days of peace and to get strength.

Get ready to call or email I/O on ALL forms of harassment. Be ready to call 999 after that day if they send someone to your place. Don't engage them, keep door close and immediately call 999.

Thank you.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
It was devastating... I didn’t dare to share this story of mine with anyone, until this moment when I saw your post... Yeah sometimes normal friends are better than bff. Until now I still can’t believe a close “bff” of mine actually did that to me spread rumours to our friends and post me on Instagram story. Made me really friendless. I remembered that there was one friend that saw her Instagram story my “bff” posted whatsapp me and suan me. “Eh what happened ah?” “You no money pay ah” At that point of time when that happened it made me fear, I doesn’t even dare to step out of my house. I thought to myself because of 1 bad thing I did, they remembered and doesn’t remember how I was there for them, treat them meals or drinks. I never once brought up this things that I did for them because I believe what I have done, god has eyes to see. Cried and cried during that lowest point of time. Kinda get me into depression. Thank god for my parents whom there for me talk me out.
& I’m real happy that you’ve found your ways in life and of your achievements! Work hard and don’t look back dear. I wish you all the best and success in your business!!

Sometimes normal friends are more helpful than closer ones. Few years back, I went through down pit. I loss my job, broke up with my ex of 8 years (cos of him, I was in bank debts due to his gambling habit), financial broke, family found me useless, good friends (even bff for a decade) drifted away cos I was in depression mode and being very negative. I had left with nothing. Almost killed myself. But gradually overcame it. Had a hard time being strong especially those friends whom drifted and didn't wanna hung out with me. I realized why should I live my life for them? Just **** off my life then if u are looking down on me. I can't say I'm successful or capable. I do have my own online business (sub line) currently which I did everything myself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Two Men Arrested For Loanshark Harassment.

Took SPF only 13 days to arrest.These runners never learn, they are the ones who will face the punishment, not the UMLs.

Good job SPF. 2 more runners off our streets.

Take note, they can run but they can't hide. Cctv are everywhere.

With the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Central Police Division established the identity of the two men and arrested them on 20 March 2019.

Green - I will not be so quick to judge them, some could be genuine victims and fellow Singaporeans pushed to a corner and fearful. The scammers are the real evil ones, they must be stopped.

Mike-2806

Reaction score
Common fear techniques by LS:
-call nok (ask them not to pick up & blk them)
-email or call office(be truthful n hope your superior understand your plight..be prepare to find a new job)
-send video of burning door(dont waste ur mobile data, dont download)
-send incense paper(try not to leave ur hand print and hand to the police)
-Splash paint and graffitti(for me i put acrylic sheet at my door.install cctv.if it really happen, you can call the towncoucil for repaint-foc)
-Fire(nowadays we got fire rated door at hdb.need not fear but be prepared for it.for me though it never happen to me, i had standby extingusiher in my unit.)
Ps. All this stunt needs money..as long as you stay firm and stop funding them, it will be over soon.

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick qns will this uml thing affect job application? Ive tried applying for dozens of jobs including those warehouse logistics positions with no experience needed. But to no avail.

Im at my lowest point already. Currently im doing part time banquet jobs just to earn abit for my daily expenses.

Some of the uml contacted me to pay instalment of 50 per week till i clear the 500 sum. I didnt respond and have stopped paying them for 1 month plus.

I still get visitors coming to my home at weird hours knocking hard on the front door.

Trustdade

Reaction score
Today my loan is up they msg me account num to trf. I ignore them n nv reply. I think shld off my phone tdy ya. N tell me NOK to ignore all msg to them rite.

Take note, they can run but they can't hide. Cctv are everywhere.

With the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Central Police Division established the identity of the two men and arrested them on 20 March 2019.

Green - I will not be so quick to judge them, some could be genuine victims and fellow Singaporeans pushed to a corner and fearful. The scammers are the real evil ones, they must be stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.