Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

green72

Reaction score
Man Arrested For Loanshark Harassment.

Good job SPF! Another 1 more in jail.

The man will be charged in court on 23 March 2019.

Under the Moneylenders Act (Revised Edition 2010), first time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be fined not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000 with mandatory imprisonment of up to 5 years and mandatory caning of up to 6 strokes.

The Police have zero tolerance against loanshark harassment activities. Those who deliberately vandalise properties, cause annoyance and disruptions to public safety, peace and security, will be arrested and dealt with severely in accordance with the law.

Members of the public are advised to stay away from loansharks and not work with or assist the loansharks in any way. The public can call the Police at ‘999’ or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect or know of anyone who could be involved in loansharking activities.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Man Arrested For Loanshark Harassment.

Good job SPF! Another 1 more in jail.

The man will be charged in court on 23 March 2019.

Under the Moneylenders Act (Revised Edition 2010), first time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be fined not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000 with mandatory imprisonment of up to 5 years and mandatory caning of up to 6 strokes.

The Police have zero tolerance against loanshark harassment activities. Those who deliberately vandalise properties, cause annoyance and disruptions to public safety, peace and security, will be arrested and dealt with severely in accordance with the law.

Members of the public are advised to stay away from loansharks and not work with or assist the loansharks in any way. The public can call the Police at ‘999’ or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect or know of anyone who could be involved in loansharking activities.

Caning is no joke.
Don't ever become Ah Long runner.

green72

Reaction score
Take note, they can run but they can't hide. Cctv are everywhere.

With the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Central Police Division established the identity of the two men and arrested them on 20 March 2019.

Green - I will not be so quick to judge them, some could be genuine victims and fellow Singaporeans pushed to a corner and fearful. The scammers are the real evil ones, they must be stopped.
I believe you and I know these runners are made up of victims of loansharks coerced to do these harassments, courier service people who are clueless or those who want to make a quick buck.They do the crime then must do the time.

The UMLs have no balls to do these harassments themselves except talking cock on phone or keyboard warriors.

I don't judge these runners, just pity their poor judgement between helping themselves(those who are victims) or the UMLs.

It seems these UMLs are getting desperate. Every runner they recruit must be arrested ASAP.Their funds are getting dry.

That's why this thread is a very good source of information.

Personally I will not be sick or tired of advising or helping new victims.

Last edited:

chulu2810

Reaction score
Ignore the knocking n call police. Saying u at carpk saw man sneaky knocking on a unit door...
:)

Hi,

Quick qns will this uml thing affect job application? Ive tried applying for dozens of jobs including those warehouse logistics positions with no experience needed. But to no avail.

Im at my lowest point already. Currently im doing part time banquet jobs just to earn abit for my daily expenses.

Some of the uml contacted me to pay instalment of 50 per week till i clear the 500 sum. I didnt respond and have stopped paying them for 1 month plus.

I still get visitors coming to my home at weird hours knocking hard on the front door.

sorryman

Reaction score
need advise, my case is, i wanted to borrow a huge amt. so they wanna test by saying they wanna see how i can earn money so the deal was they transferred me $300 and i py them back $500 and transaction done. then i was being told that i need to pay them $1600 to ‘open an account’ so i ignored them till now and did a police report. they kept on calling the whole of that day and i ignored those calls. its been a week now all silent. can any advise if they will show up or not. got really scared to be honest. its like they didnt even give me anything to start off with. can advise pls! thank you all for your time!

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
No really 30 ls..i got around 20 lml and 20ls..i settle my lml by negotiating for money installment..of coz intially they dont accept..but once i told them im going for bankcruptcy they accepted it. For the LS, it is really a big fight. Just like everyone i was scared.I try every means to pay them and once they sense that i can pay, the threat was relentless. Finally i pick up my courage and call the police. This is the turning point. I stop paying, i change my number, install cctv, put down my ego and explain to my neighbour fearing their home get vandalised. Yes,
they came my home 3 times, splashing paint. After a year or so. Everything is fine. It was 5 years since the last attack. Now im just a poor joe working hard to my debts..but at least i survive thru.
Same scenario bro..actually if u borrow from friend and relative to pay ah long u will NVR learn becoz u will feel problem can brnskmvt easier ..can can ah long then think of ways to borrow from friend and relative..cycle always repeat..

green72

Reaction score
need advise, my case is, i wanted to borrow a huge amt. so they wanna test by saying they wanna see how i can earn money so the deal was they transferred me $300 and i py them back $500 and transaction done. then i was being told that i need to pay them $1600 to ‘open an account’ so i ignored them till now and did a police report. they kept on calling the whole of that day and i ignored those calls. its been a week now all silent. can any advise if they will show up or not. got really scared to be honest. its like they didnt even give me anything to start off with. can advise pls! thank you all for your time!

Hi sorryman, it's their modus operandi.

1. Request for personal info to check eligibility.
2. Msg and call to say approve but will give you a small sum to test if you a credible.
3. Then the extortion BS starts.

Since these low-life did not transfer any money to you, which you confirmed check in bank account, then at most they will maybe try to harass you by saying stuff like need pay cancellation fee or other excuse they can come up with. Ignoring calls or msg is the best way to stop their nonsense..

Temporary block calls you are not familiar or unknown or private. Check my previous few post on how to do that.

Making the police report is the right move. At any instance they start the harassment, do report to your I/O or call 999 if they visit your hse. DO NOT HESiTATE.

Do not entertain or try to reason out with them as it shows you fear them.Do not payback even if they force tfr some amount to ur back acct. Too bad, their loss. Report tfr to I/O and bank and hold on to the money like I did.

Stay strong, they will try to scare you but this is Singapore.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Unlucky_chap said:
Hi,

Quick qns will this uml thing affect job application? Ive tried applying for dozens of jobs including those warehouse logistics positions with no experience needed. But to no avail

I doubt they are an organization like HK or Macau triad or snakeheads. Sorry to disappoint you. Our late MM LKY, which happens ytd was the annivessary of his death, have virtually wipe out this goons back in the 70s.

Today these UMLs run their operation remotely (Malaysia?) and recruit runners using victims here that are threatened via call or whatsapp. They use local numbers that belong to victims or prepaid ones owned by foreigners that is leaving Singapore.

It just pure no luck you still unable to find a job.

I think many of us imagine too highly of their operation or "organization". We watch too many triad or gangster movies.

In this day of terrorist threat, our Home team is at their highest alert to any form of threat including any form of public disturbance or harassment.

Some reported they borrowed from 20 UML, for all we know, they are the same persons with 20 different phones.

And also, for all we know, those terrorist are using this MO to fund themselves.

Last edited:

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
I doubt they are an organization like HK or Macau triad or snakeheads. Sorry to disappoint you. Our late MM LKY, which happens ytd was the annivessary of his death, have virtually wipe out this goons back in the 70s.

Today these UMLs run their operation remotely (Malaysia?) and recruit runners using victims here that are threatened via call or whatsapp. They use local numbers that belong to victims or prepaid ones owned by foreigners that is leaving Singapore.

I think many of us imagine too highly of their operation or "organization". We watch too many triad or gangster movies.

In this day of terrorist threat, our Home team is at their highest alert to any form of threat including any form of public disturbance or harassment.

Some reported they borrowed from 20 UML, for all we know, they are the same persons with 20 different phones.

And also, for all we know, those terrorist are using this MO to fund themselves.

I left home team few years ago. Sadly i been going interviews but yet to secure a job. Now im like thinking of not to continue my studies since i dont have a job to pay for school. The chain of events so overwhelming. Hahaha not gambling or girl problem. But all for school fees.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The only one already dead.

np_20180828_tmchua28_4238483.jpg

Ah Long San, Singapore's most notorious loan shark, dead at 62

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/ah-long-san-singapores-most-notorious-loan-shark-dead-62

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I left home team few years ago. Sadly i been going interviews but yet to secure a job. Now im like thinking of not to continue my studies since i dont have a job to pay for school. The chain of events so overwhelming. Hahaha not gambling or girl problem. But all for school fees.

Drive PHV to earn some income ? :s11:

green72

Reaction score
Unlucky_chap said:

I believe people here are not judgmental. We wouldn't want people to judge us as much as we shouldn't judge others.

But cannot be said for our peers. Most assume us as such since we are involved with UMLs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe you and I know these runners are made up of victims of loansharks coerced to do these harassments, courier service people who are clueless or those who want to make a quick buck.They do the crime then must do the time.

The UMLs have no balls to do these harassments themselves except talking cock on phone or keyboard warriors.

I don't judge these runners, just pity their poor judgement between helping themselves(those who are victims) or the UMLs.

It seems these UMLs are getting desperate. Every runner they recruit must be arrested ASAP.Their funds are getting dry.

That's why this thread is a very good source of information.

Personally I will not be sick or tired of advising or helping new victims.

Green - thanks for carrying the light on this forum for the recent victims. Only victims can understand the pain we all go through, let us get the information out and squeeze them dry until they give up.

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick qns will this uml thing affect job application? Ive tried applying for dozens of jobs including those warehouse logistics positions with no experience needed. But to no avail.

Im at my lowest point already. Currently im doing part time banquet jobs just to earn abit for my daily expenses.

Some of the uml contacted me to pay instalment of 50 per week till i clear the 500 sum. I didnt respond and have stopped paying them for 1 month plus.

I still get visitors coming to my home at weird hours knocking hard on the front door.

If you are not expecting visitors, call the police to deal with them. Be ready with CCTVs and get these people identified.

Reaction score

Common situation, many encountered here.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe people here are not judgmental. We wouldn't want people to judge us as much as we shouldn't judge others.

But cannot be said for our peers. Most assume us as such since we are involved with UMLs.

6c3ff5de4aececcda93a55fcf967dd59.jpg

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously i hope that SPF can really take into action n wipe out the UML.

How can it be wiped out when got so many people desperately need for money ?
They know that they should go to bank for personal loan if need money but they choose not to borrow from bank.
They purposely choose the loan shark to borrow the money and pray very hard that the loan shark to turn out is legal money lender.
You borrow $100 also tio harrass.
You borrow $1 million also tio harrass, why not borrow $1 million then curse them as scammer and report them to police ?
No need to pay back right after make police report ?
Become millionaire overnight. ;)
That's why loan shark always test loan with small amount of money such as $300 or $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.