Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best way to avoid is dont borrow from them..lol

Actually is good and easy money. Get $1k from 1 loan shark also tio harass. Might as well get $1k from 100 loan shark ???? Please don't follow the above. Mike said is true, don't borrow from loan shark at all then no headache problem. If need money, just go to bank or legal money lender.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Endure. Take care of family 1st. Don fail them again.

If they want come, they wont inform one. They playing scare tactic.
Especially punishment very heavy now.

Wah so long ar. 6-8 mth sia. Hopefully bah. Hope all will be well we are victim of this MF, but doubt runnner will come at low price to splash paint or vandalized now bah. Once kena it really could mean rotan n jail lehz. No worth the risk la.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Bros.... avoid LML.. they all r link.

Actually is good and easy money. Get $1k from 1 loan shark also tio harass. Might as well get $1k from 100 loan shark ???? Please don't follow the above. Mike said is true, don't borrow from loan shark at all then no headache problem. If need money, just go to bank or legal money lender.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Endure. Take care of family 1st. Don fail them again.

If they want come, they wont inform one. They playing scare tactic.
Especially punishment very heavy now.

Follow the Police instructions.
No need scared them.

Adam0210

Reaction score
Hi all

My 5 days of quietness is over. The LS started to message me and asking for transfer some more money. As I have paid already him double of the amount. I don’t want to pay anymore. I did had the courage to tell my Wife. She get angry but it was my mistake. Now he threaten to burn my house.

I already made a report to the police initially. As they said they can make a statement once they threaten me. As there was no bad threat initially. He message me and said that he will burn the house.

Should I just block the number or just let it and ignore?

Thank you.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

My 5 days of quietness is over. The LS started to message me and asking for transfer some more money. As I have paid already him double of the amount. I don’t want to pay anymore. I did had the courage to tell my Wife. She get angry but it was my mistake. Now he threaten to burn my house.

I already made a report to the police initially. As they said they can make a statement once they threaten me. As there was no bad threat initially. He message me and said that he will burn the house.

Thank you.

You eat until so big got see any news on Strait Times that Ah Long trap and burn the whole family together with the house ?

Messup

Reaction score
Hi all

Thank you.

Report this msg to the police. SPF takes these threats very seriously.

Then block the number or vice versa. But make sure when you block that number, do not delete the msg cos you need to report it to the police. Or you do a screen shot first then block.

Just in case the whole msg is deleted after blocking.

Last edited:

Mike-2806

Reaction score
Hi all

Thank you.

Bro..My advice to you is to change your mobile number. I used to be badly affected by all this msges as well. Changing number will at least let u have some peace metally. What i did last time was to explain the my neighbour what i had went through n seek for their understanding and let them had some preparation. Install a cctv at a visbible location to all to deter them for at least setting fire as getting caught is no joke.
U really must convince yourself that what is the worst can happen. Call the police regarding this threat.They will at least increase patrol in your area.

green72

Reaction score
One more caught, sad a young man. This is Singapore, got so many CCTV. Cannot run one. SPF took 1 day to find.

For those thinking can get away being LS runner, see the statistic. Every few days sure have arrests.

Man Arrested for Loanshark Harassment

The Police have arrested an 18-year-old man for suspected involvement in loansharking activities.

On 22 March 2019, the Police received a report that loanshark-related graffiti were found scrawled on the wall outside a residential unit at Toa Payoh Lorong 1. Through extensive ground enquiries, officers from Tanglin Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him on 23 March 2019. Preliminary investigations revealed that the man is believed to be involved in several other cases of loanshark harassment islandwide.

The man will be charged in court on 25 March 2019 under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition).

Under the Moneylenders Act (Revised Edition 2010), first time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years and shall also be liable to a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000 with mandatory caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

The Police have zero tolerance for loanshark harassment activities. Those who deliberately vandalise properties, cause annoyance and disruptions to public safety, peace and security, will be dealt with severely in accordance with the law.

Members of the public are advised to stay away from loansharks and not work with or assist the loansharks in any way. The public can call the Police at ‘999’ or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect or know of anyone who could be involved in loansharking activities.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Adam0210, close and open bank account in case other victim report your account. Normally LS will give acct of another victim so they can bankroll money without being identified.

So since you paid b4, u are considered "working" for them and your acct could be frozen. Faster change acct.

If u realised and decide not to pay anymore, u shld have prepared urself for harassment.

Shld already block their numbers, they only have a certain amount of numbers to use.

While CCTV is important, I guess many of us are financially not stable and CCTV can stretch the wallet but if you have budget, best to install. Or rather wait for free SPF one. PM if interested to install your own.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One more caught, sad a young man. This is Singapore, got so many CCTV. Cannot run one. SPF took 1 day to find.

For those thinking can get away being LS runner, see the statistic. Every few days sure have arrests.

Man Arrested for Loanshark Harassment

The Police have arrested an 18-year-old man for suspected involvement in loansharking activities.

On 22 March 2019, the Police received a report that loanshark-related graffiti were found scrawled on the wall outside a residential unit at Toa Payoh Lorong 1. Through extensive ground enquiries, officers from Tanglin Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him on 23 March 2019. Preliminary investigations revealed that the man is believed to be involved in several other cases of loanshark harassment islandwide.

The man will be charged in court on 25 March 2019 under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition).

Under the Moneylenders Act (Revised Edition 2010), first time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years and shall also be liable to a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000 with mandatory caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

The Police have zero tolerance for loanshark harassment activities. Those who deliberately vandalise properties, cause annoyance and disruptions to public safety, peace and security, will be dealt with severely in accordance with the law.

Members of the public are advised to stay away from loansharks and not work with or assist the loansharks in any way. The public can call the Police at ‘999’ or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect or know of anyone who could be involved in loansharking activities.

Hannor. Don't ever become loan shark runner no matter how desperate you are. Don't take up the job offer by loan shark.
People will not scared by just reading the words you highlighted.
Must watch the below video.
Buttock really open flower.

Source: Youtube

green72

Reaction score
delceer, take turn lah. I highlight words, you add the caning video.

My *alls shrink see the rotan. The ones thinking of doing must really see this. For those new victim who got harass 1st time, just watsapp reply the punishment text plus the video. Better than LS video of burning door. Caning more power.

Adam0210

Reaction score
Adam0210, close and open bank account in case other victim report your account. Normally LS will give acct of another victim so they can bankroll money without being identified.

So since you paid b4, u are considered "working" for them and your acct could be frozen. Faster change acct.

If u realised and decide not to pay anymore, u shld have prepared urself for harassment.

Shld already block their numbers, they only have a certain amount of numbers to use.

While CCTV is important, I guess many of us are financially not stable and CCTV can stretch the wallet but if you have budget, best to install. Or rather wait for free SPF one. PM if interested to install your own.
I really want to install CCTV. But do I need approval from town counsel? I can’t pm you coz I have only 6 posts. I must have 10. And I can’t change my account for now. As my account also been hacked. There was unauthorised transaction that cost 500 dollars.

I’m really confused now what to do. I’m going to the police station to make report now.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Now a comorade home had been visit by Lala move.
Include his old house n parent house.
Any tactic to apply?

He already report police.

khunjuno

Reaction score
Hi juno . Heard you because I bother to read all the specimens ..
Haha specimens , me rude but true , we kena tarok.

Thanks for coming back , dont leave us bro.

Came back to HWZ because I recently self petition for bankruptcy and remembered this thread here. Best is that those with UML problems just report police, don't bother paying anymore because you're just wasting $$$$.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Thanks your advice to all.
When you are too deep into debt, size up the problem and do the necessary.

Money problem isnt a matter of life and death problem. We can still live and live on.

Came back to HWZ because I recently self petition for bankruptcy and remembered this thread here. Best is that those with UML problems just report police, don't bother paying anymore because you're just wasting $$$$.

green72

Reaction score
I really want to install CCTV. But do I need approval from town counsel? I can’t pm you coz I have only 6 posts. I must have 10. And I can’t change my account for now. As my account also been hacked. There was unauthorised transaction that cost 500 dollars.

I’m really confused now what to do. I’m going to the police station to make report now.

What i did was I bring my police report to my TC the same day I install CCTV. TC approval letter will take a week to receive by then something might already happened.

So install first then apply TC approval. TC a bit slow to such request.No need tell TC about you already install cctv.

As with Police report, you could do it online since UML activities is consider not an emergency or life threatening case even if it's a death threat by msg.

Go bank and do parallel transfer, open new account and close the other. The more reason to do it since got hack. My worry is your account get frozen, then you don't have funds for daily expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.