Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyitsmenow

Reaction score
Now you are releasing a little.

"Cash Installment plan " whats the catch ?
When we buy on installment , they provide bank account to pay back , straight forward ma .
Is yours a cash back and sign up for high price for a phone ? So its part loan part purchase scheme ?

Hi. Sorry i was not clear. It all started innocently to get instalment for iphone. Then he say there was issue and offer cash instead to buy phone. He asked for details and acct no for verification details.

He "assured" me he is LML and at my part i was dumb to not realise it was their tactic. Til a $400 was transferred to mY account without my consent or any contract signed. Then it dawned on me i was scammed. So i made a police report.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have read thru. every page.

I thought i was buying a iPhone on carousell and end up having cash deposit $400 into my account.

I heed the advice here and block all contact. Then my IO tell me to go bug the person to get account no to deposit the money back.

Today i call and ask him. IO tell me it is up to me if i want to pay anot. Did anyone encounter before. I am really pissed with my io because he just changed his story like that.

Please advise dear bros and sis.

Your story is not tally.
Buying phone from Carousell, how come you give them saving account number and not the other way round ?
You wanna buy a phone and pay them money right ? ;)

Fear Less

Reaction score
You ask for a phone and end up with a possible loan. Nothing to be shameful about.
We all here to tell our stories and share experience.
Of course my story is bullsheet la.

Our bros/sis tell you what to do.
Kiss their 400$ goodbye. Use it to buy cctv la.
Instead of buying iphone.
If you can benefit 400 from them , you are 1 up for us.
Some lost thousands while i lost 250. Gave me 450 paid 700.
Thats ******* said i paid 1 minute late and claim 1 or 2 k from me. Was Malaysian voice. Comms ended with my " if your muther hole can tahan my baton , i give you 2k ".

So relax la.

Hi. Sorry i was not clear. It all started innocently to get instalment for iphone. Then he say there was issue and offer cash instead to buy phone. He asked for details and acct no for verification details.

He "assured" me he is LML and at my part i was dumb to not realise it was their tactic. Til a $400 was transferred to mY account without my consent or any contract signed. Then it dawned on me i was scammed. So i made a police report.

zonda_r

Reaction score
For my case the MF $500 i just take the money and donated to charity . As what the bros and sis said dont even bother to reply back to them, if they dare just ask them to come our spf is waiting for them. The most send runner and message threats nia . Just live each day as normal show them who afraid of who, those MFcome mess up our normal life and still expect us to be afraid... F... oFf

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
You ask for a phone and end up with a possible loan. Nothing to be shameful about.
We all here to tell our stories and share experience.
Of course my story is bullsheet la.

Our bros/sis tell you what to do.
Kiss their 400$ goodbye. Use it to buy cctv la.
Instead of buying iphone.
If you can benefit 400 from them , you are 1 up for us.
Some lost thousands while i lost 250. Gave me 450 paid 700.
Thats ******* said i paid 1 minute late and claim 1 or 2 k from me. Was Malaysian voice. Comms ended with my " if your muther hole can tahan my baton , i give you 2k ".

So relax la.
Ask him his asshole can tahan my baton

Whyidothis

Reaction score
If I pass a new account to ah long cos he promised to reduce loan but in the end no so I closed the account. But police just called that found illegal activities in the account n ask me go down give statement. I scare tell police cos will I be charged? Any advice thanks

Fear Less

Reaction score
Way to go bro.
You beat us with 500$ up.
You do good receive good.

For my case the MF $500 i just take the money and donated to charity . As what the bros and sis said dont even bother to reply back to them, if they dare just ask them to come our spf is waiting for them. The most send runner and message threats nia . Just live each day as normal show them who afraid of who, those MFcome mess up our normal life and still expect us to be afraid... F... oFf

zonda_r

Reaction score
If I pass a new account to ah long cos he promised to reduce loan but in the end no so I closed the account. But police just called that found illegal activities in the account n ask me go down give statement. I scare tell police cos will I be charged? Any advice thanks
Bro dont even believes anything the al say dont ever do this just close the account and dont transfer any money ,better tell the police everything u know . If not u the police might think u are assisting the uml

Trustdade

Reaction score
Good luck to you

zonda_r

Reaction score

U better pray the police wont charge u for this , it just not worth it reduce loan and u help al .... now u should truly be afraid ...

Fear Less

Reaction score
Trustdade . Hope you are doing better.
This guy sold his soul to the devil.

Originally Posted by*Whyidothis:

Good luck to you

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Under the Moneylenders Act, when a bank account or ATM card of any person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in unlicensed moneylending.

Those convicted of the above for the first time may be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed for up to four years, and get up to six strokes of the cane.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ted-loan-shark-activities-in-islandwide-sweep

Trustdade

Reaction score
Yes better now daily waiting nia... Lol

Trustdade . Hope you are doing better.
This guy sold his soul to the devil.

Originally Posted by*Whyidothis:

Spidie

Reaction score
Peaceful day. One call from a land line but call back it's engage. Other than that nothing else.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Fear Less

Reaction score
We appreciate you keep us updated .
Better dont engage with them as they are shadows.
Best wishes to you.

Peaceful day. One call from a land line but call back it's engage. Other than that nothing else.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
I guess the MF LS has not much runner left as In the past few month the spf catch many of them . Now those MF LS try their luck to trick new people to work for them .so be careful .hope everything will end soon

RowdyRoddySNiper

Reaction score

Better to be honest.

I had interviewed a candidate for a role advertised by my company and in the application form, he declared he had been convicted and being curious i asked him what he was convicted for and he said he "lend" his bank account to ah long, then the ah long sabo him causing him to end in prison.

green72

Reaction score
For those who have made the necessary actions, try to live your life as normal as possible.

If these LS send runners or some innocent courier people to you house,do not engage them. Instead call SPF.

Just to share again my previous experience, after they send 2 guys with trolley to my unit, I called 999 but they left b4 SPF arrives.
This come in succession of harassment via phone to my, nok and office numbers since previous day.

SPF sent Police officers to my unit twice a day for a period of time following that visit. Glad to see them through my CCTV alerts. Yes, SPF do take action once there is " official visit".

These LS just want to instill fear in us especially if they sense they are losing their "customer". And especially errant ones like me who refuse to "pay up".

So trust the SPF. Cannot emphasize enough to report immediately to your I/O for updates and 999 for immediate help if you suspect anything outside your house.

The amount they transfer is still with me as advised by my I/O and bank. It's their loss. Not a single cent was return.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.