Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

zonda_r

Reaction score
Here's an update: when this scam happened to me it was in 2017. After i followed the police advice (i.e. change number, close account) everything was quiet.

So imagine to my surprise when at 1400hrs today i received a whatsapp message with a video of a house gate burning with an O$P$ message next to it.

Luckily there is an npc nearby so i went to make a report.

Sigh ... when will this **** end? Even after two years, this thing is back to bother me. Have to stay strong and alert. My parents are old, if those shits do anything to my home, i'll do anything to protect my home and family

As for why still can contact u if can deactivate your fb account do not link your phone to any social media .

Messup

Reaction score
Here's an update: when this scam happened to me it was in 2017. After i followed the police advice (i.e. change number, close account) everything was quiet.

So imagine to my surprise when at 1400hrs today i received a whatsapp message with a video of a house gate burning with an O$P$ message next to it.

Sigh ... when will this **** end? Even after two years, this thing is back to bother me. Have to stay strong and alert. My parents are old, if those shits do anything to my home, i'll do anything to protect my home and family

Did they attention the Whatsapp msg to you or it’s directed to you? It could be a mis-send also.

I ever receive ic photo of someone I don’t know.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Did they attention the Whatsapp msg to you or it’s directed to you? It could be a mis-send also.

I ever receive ic photo of someone I don’t know.

Didn't mention me by name, and no photos of my ic or someone else's

anyway, i did my part and updated the police.

zonda_r

Reaction score
Didn't mention me by name, and no photos of my ic or someone else's

anyway, i did my part and updated the police.

Just continue to heck care them , right now they are sounding u see what your reaction as usual show no fear against them dont think they will do much

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Then try not to bother to much. Could be previous owner of your number or whatever.

Good that you reported. All the best!

I'm actually going to assume the worst i.e. they will send runners to my home.

I keep asking the police, you are confident that this is a scam? what happens if this escalates? nobody can answer.

anyway, i wrote in to my mp again for help and have called the previous io in charge of my case to update him

bighead9n

Master Member
Reaction score
Didn't see these story until now, this is a typical case of UML, full of lies. Pls don't fall for them or PAY THEM.

http://theindependent.sg/poor-singa...ender-and-gets-scammed-of-hefty-7500-instead/

And another case of "forced loan" - DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THESE JOKERS!

http://theindependent.sg/moneylende...-demands-that-she-pay-him-800-in-5-days-time/

And if LML dare to harass you like this case, the police is also waiting for them.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-at-jalan-besar-eatery-among-13-to-be-charged

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Thanks for sharing bro.

Interesting stories. :D

Messup

Reaction score

I keep asking the police, you are confident that this is a scam? what happens if this escalates? nobody can answer.

anyway, i wrote in to my mp again for help and have called the previous io in charge of my case to update him

Good to be prepared but not paranoid.

Nobody can tell you for sure what is going to happen next, just be vigilant.

Hope that all goes well for you.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Is there a way to block them not directly whatsapp, but to report to whatsapp their number to whatsapp email or something? can someone advise here, many thanks. As mind have been breaking down on me and my relationship with my wife is getting from bad to worse.

At this point in time there is no way to prevent others from adding u to their whatsapp but whatsapp have already announced of such function. Just wait for updates in a couple of weeks to months.

For the time being just block and report. Whatsapp usually will permanently ban the number using the app.

So keep reporting and block. Let's how many thousand simcards these LS can buy.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You got borrow any money from them?

Makminah

Reaction score
Sometimes i go to shop see pretty staff , forgot what to buy , ask for number , sepnd long time in shop... boss not happy chase me out only to know its boss' girlfriend... i report police " harrassment " told me up to you.... " btw she swee boh ".

Just a talk kock story.
You still energetic ya. Wish you well.

Hahaha. Still energetic cause you only live once. Where got time to slow down. Wish you well too.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Bro hear your voice is enough.
This scam virus is deadly.
People who fall into scam may do stupid things out of fear by lending their account.

We can sense some panic like hell .
And its hell.
That is why we must talk kock here.

Originally Posted by*Fear Less:
I hope you are doing fine bro. Nice of you to come back. Cheers.

haha thank you, i will do my best to help out people here as others have helped me.
new tactics everyday but end results still same, over the phone harassments nia

Makminah

Reaction score

2 years later, out of the blue you received the video? Were you using the same number as 2 years ago? During the harassment period did they do anything to your home? This is f*cking messup sia. If we are not strong enough, they will give us a life long trauma. I really pray and hope all is well for you after this.

Trustdade

Reaction score
Aiya dun care them la. I also recove call scold father scold mother say i own him money dun wan to pay, i F him back say he own me money then he keep quiet after thay i block. Whay the dish can they do. Most send video la this la rhat la knn got ball cone out talk 1by 1 la n collect money.

Barsheep92

Reaction score
I did a report today. Even my IO told me. Dont be afraid of the LS. They are just a girl hiding behind a smoke. LOL. And making each of us to do transcation for them. To break their chain. Stop and report do not burrow from them anymore.

Barsheep92

Reaction score
Aiya dun care them la. I also recove call scold father scold mother say i own him money dun wan to pay, i F him back say he own me money then he keep quiet after thay i block. Whay the dish can they do. Most send video la this la rhat la knn got ball cone out talk 1by 1 la n collect money.

Ya, they did the same thing. Ask me to go geylang. I ask geylang where. He do not answer. Say burnt my house, I told him go and burnt. I claim insurance, infact I earn more than you. LOL.

green72

Reaction score
You got borrow any money from them?
delceer, I read from some of your previous posts that you are pissed at borrowers.

C'mon bro, stop being judgemental. The main goal of this thread are help or advised those that have been harassed on what to do. Make me feel like you are harassing too.

Isn't it way too late to tell them not to borrow from UML? Your angry responses is not helping them at all.

I also worry that insensitive comments might push those weaker souls to contemplate suicide as an option since everyone including people here keep scolding them.

Of course we get it that you are smarter than most to manage your finances.

Channel that anger on how to destroy the UML business. Chill bro, stop scolding people with poor financial acumen for borrowing from UML.

Please advise nicely and be a bit sensitive. Most victims are stressed out.

This thread is "Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it" and not " why so stupid and borrow from loanshark"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.