Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

throwaway00

Reaction score
normally wont, at most call nia

i recently got to know a guy who loaned from like 7 different LS , he made police report, then didnt pay them.
Didnt visit his workplace at all, only visited his house.

got splashed a few times, the runners mostly arrested. (for some god reason he thinks he is doing community service by getting splashed on repeatedly)

But they alrdy came up to home more than once. Whats to say they wont try again.. also called both mine n his workplace.
(Im the nok)
URGH. ***** PISS OFF.

CloudClau

Reaction score
normally wont, at most call nia

i recently got to know a guy who loaned from like 7 different LS , he made police report, then didnt pay them.
Didnt visit his workplace at all, only visited his house.

got splashed a few times, the runners mostly arrested. (for some god reason he thinks he is doing community service by getting splashed on repeatedly)

each LS he took a lot from them or small amt ? Like 1k or 2k ?

Reaction score
So you are saying they actually showed up in person to collect the amount u owe from you at your doorstep? Please correct me if im wrong.

Ah long showed up when I didnt transfer money. Keep scolding and I paid $600. They will be coming back again next week and tell me don't play games :/

CloudClau

Reaction score
After Investigation

Hey Guys

Remember months ago i posted help got assisting LS for the use of my bank account , the investigation took from dec 2018 till may 2019 , ytd my IO told me i have to attend court , even i was "forced" to help them transfer money .

Anyone here been on court because of this as a first timer ? Need advise . Tks

Messup

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Remember months ago i posted help got assisting LS for the use of my bank account , the investigation took from dec 2018 till may 2019 , ytd my IO told me i have to attend court , even i was "forced" to help them transfer money .

You didn’t ask IO attend court for?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Under the Moneylenders Act, when a bank account or ATM card of any person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in unlicensed moneylending.

Those convicted of the above for the first time may be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed for up to four years, and get up to six strokes of the cane.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ted-loan-shark-activities-in-islandwide-sweep

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Omg... Did you asked how come you’ve to attend altho it’s a “forced” ones? Do you have ss or proof between you and the LS conversation? Prolly this will help you in a way to prove you’re not a runner under LS.

Hey Guys

Mibro10

Reaction score
After seeing much of the posts regarding UML here, i decided to open an account to share my personal experience. Hope it helps.

So 3 days ago i received an sms advert on really attractive loan from this no.85432784 . Something like this, 10k pay 190x60. Woh, very good rates i thought to myself and proceeded to enquire through whatsapp..
So he replied me asking for my citizenship, Nric, income tax assessment to check if im eligible for the loan.
So i provide them the info thinking its pretty standard. Next he need 2 NOK details home and office no. And lastly my singpass to verify that its really me via the OTP sent to my Hp no.
Oh well, i stupidly give them all details they required and my bank acc no.
(ok bros and sis here, dont provide them any details at all or dont even enquire!!)
Ohh, i told the guy i dont have home no. Nor office no. For myself and NOK. 😁
They accepted and then whatsapp call me. I can tell that he is a malaysian Chinese from the accent.
So he was saying, if i want 10k loan pay 190x60. For first trial, i will transfer you 600, 3days later pay 900. Deferment rate is 750(goddame good money to them). Dont worry, i will refund the 300 to you and loan you 10300 after 3days.
He said many customers complain about the 300 charges.
I just say ok i will think about it and confirm later. (oh he did a 5sec video call to check if im really me as in the IC)..

After the call, ithough to myself. If someone wanna loan 10k, why would he give me 600, and then return him 900. Then trf me 10300 again. (haha, sorry if its confusing).. So this is what ask him in the whatsapp as well.
If you cannot loan the full amount, then im sorry i cannot continue with it.

Ok, some about some hours later that night, im doing transaction via the bank app, and found a $600 being deposited to me(its a cash deposit, no account no.)
There are some miscalls from the guy and my 2NOK have got a misscall as well.
So late that night, ignoring the guys whatsapl and calls, i was googling and came across this forum which helps alot.

The very next day, i went down to the police station to make a report. The officer gives some advice(similar to what the bros and sis here said)
-dont reply to him
-close bank account
-ask bank trf back the $$$
-call 999 immediately if you see suspicious person outside my house.
-do not be afraid, its a long ongoing scam
-usually they will only make threats via phone etc.

Last thing i wanna mention is that, since that 600 is deposited to me that night, it has been deducted by giro for amount of $570 the next day before i can do anything to the money😅.
(this bank account is for giro purposes only, i dont usually put in $$$ here.)

So im really not sure about wanting to even return the money to those scumbags..
🤣🤣

I have some voicenotes and misscalls from the guy today, which i ignored, did not even open the message to read. Lets see how it goes from here on, i shall update again!

Once again bros and sis, do not give in to them, do not fear them, they are usually behind a computer(keyboard warrior if you wanna quote). Be mindful of your finances and good luck all.

Ps:sorry if its too hard or long to read.
Its my 1st post😅

OneLeafBoy

Reaction score
So you are saying they actually showed up in person to collect the amount u owe from you at your doorstep? Please correct me if im wrong.

Yes they just stood outside my house and shout owe money pay money. Before that they only WhatsApp me my house door picture threaten to burn using new number cos I keep block them. Then they send email and post on my company Facebook page. No reply then they started sending runner over to shout owe money pay money when I never even loan.
To quiet them down and to avoid, I actually passed them $600. They were banging my metal door. Was really hoping for someone to call police on my behalf actually. But everything happened too quick and I kinda got scared and pass them the money. But they are harassing me again

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Omg... Did you asked how come you’ve to attend altho it’s a “forced” ones? Do you have ss or proof between you and the LS conversation? Prolly this will help you in a way to prove you’re not a runner under LS.

Under the Moneylenders Act, when a bank account or ATM card of any person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in unlicensed moneylending.

Those convicted of the above for the first time may be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed for up to four years, and get up to six strokes of the cane.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ted-loan-shark-activities-in-islandwide-sweep

No need become runner throw paint.... You lend them bank account or ATM, that's it.

Jejel88

Reaction score
Hi may i ask how much you actually owe them?

I’m really afraid to go down to make a police report. Currently paying “defer” fee to 6 ah long. The amount of times i defer is more than what they actually transferred me. Total amount borrowed about 3k but if i were to clear every single one, it would be about 8k.

I’m just afraid if they would come and make a scene at my house as my mother is living alone there. Also afraid if i report to police, i would get some sort of punishment.

I’m broke from paying them. If i were to block all of them and change number, any idea how long will they keep coming to your house or workplace? Thank you brothers and sisters. Your help is much appreciated.

Yes they just stood outside my house and shout owe money pay money. Before that they only WhatsApp me my house door picture threaten to burn using new number cos I keep block them. Then they send email and post on my company Facebook page. No reply then they started sending runner over to shout owe money pay money when I never even loan.
To quiet them down and to avoid, I actually passed them $600. They were banging my metal door. Was really hoping for someone to call police on my behalf actually. But everything happened too quick and I kinda got scared and pass them the money. But they are harassing me again

Gunnersaures

Reaction score

I’m really afraid to go down to make a police report. Currently paying “defer” fee to 6 ah long. The amount of times i defer is more than what they actually transferred me. Total amount borrowed about 3k but if i were to clear every single one, it would be about 8k.

I’m just afraid if they would come and make a scene at my house as my mother is living alone there. Also afraid if i report to police, i would get some sort of punishment.

I’m broke from paying them. If i were to block all of them and change number, any idea how long will they keep coming to your house or workplace? Thank you brothers and sisters. Your help is much appreciated.
Hello, from my experience, just yolo and don’t pay them a single cent anymore.
It will never stop. Some may stop, but most of them won’t. And if you already pay more
Money for the principle, then no need pay then. At the most they come and splash paint. Call town council and they will help you wash the paint. And once they start painting your house, police confirm chop guarantee will track down all those aspiring artist, and throw them inside changi chsalet. Go to town council get approval for cctv, then just wait. They will definitely call your nok and workplace. But just tahan. After a while they also tired. But don’t worry. they won’t won’t physically hurt you or your family.

Mibro10

Reaction score

In my opinion, you should stop paying them off. From what i heard from the police and the earlier posts here, unless you lend them your bank account(meaning your atm card ibanking etc) to make transactions,you have done nothing wrong and is a victim of this LS scam.

Yes,they will harass you via social medial, phone calls and splash paint or w/e, you have to stay strong! Install a cctv, inform your neighbours and your boss of the scam and to make police report! Stay vigilant. Their tactic is to make you embarrass and keep harassing you via the kids that work as runner for them.

Call 999 immediately if you see stranger outside your unit, remember you have done nothing wrong but is a victim of a scam!!

Aqin@88

Reaction score
Hi all! 🙋I want to share with you all the same thing happen to me till now. Previously i borrow a loan frm 1 ahlong amount of $300, the details given frm him is clear amount is $500,deferment every wk is $100 if i can't pay him the clear amount. So i jst make the deferment of $100 wkly because i cannot pay the clear amount of $500,until at a point of time i really broke out of money frm my work salary due to the stupid deferment, i tried another ahlong, to help me clear the first loan, but this time round i asked him fr monthly repayment loan, but this asshole nvr tell me the rules & regulation he straight away txt me through ws told me my loan is successful and transfer the amount of $250 to my bnk acct, clear amount $320,weekly deferment $120. He told me that i was a first time customer so he do this method first once i get to pay bck the amount i loan then i can take the monthly installment. Because of them i lost my job till nw i finding a full time job and i really broke of money. I'm tired of everything right nw. Keep on thinking and they keep on disturbing me and harresment. Right nw i own 2 ahlong with the amount of $500 & $320. Till nw i still cant pay them due to my difficulty financial problms right nw. Haish...

Should i make a police report fr this matter?? I need guide frm you guys and hv experience on this before pls. Thnks alot & may god bless all ur kind hearted🙏🙌

Reaction score

Are you ok? Stranger outside house shouting, you don't owe them money, you still give them $600?

Wake up, go and file report for harassment. Don't wait until your become like this one.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...to-loan-shark-unlicensed-moneylender-10402394

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Reaction score
Hi all! 🙋I want to share with you all the same thing happen to me till now. Previously i borrow a loan frm 1 ahlong amount of $300, the details given frm him is clear amount is $500,deferment every wk is $100 if i can't pay him the clear amount. So i jst make the deferment of $100 wkly because i cannot pay the clear amount of $500,until at a point of time i really broke out of money frm my work salary due to the stupid deferment, i tried another ahlong, to help me clear the first loan, but this time round i asked him fr monthly repayment loan, but this asshole nvr tell me the rules & regulation he straight away txt me through ws told me my loan is successful and transfer the amount of $250 to my bnk acct, clear amount $320,weekly deferment $120. He told me that i was a first time customer so he do this method first once i get to pay bck the amount i loan then i can take the monthly installment. Because of them i lost my job till nw i finding a full time job and i really broke of money. I'm tired of everything right nw. Keep on thinking and they keep on disturbing me and harresment. Right nw i own 2 ahlong with the amount of $500 & $320. Till nw i still cant pay them due to my difficulty financial problms right nw. Haish...

Should i make a police report fr this matter?? I need guide frm you guys and hv experience on this before pls. Thnks alot & may god bless all ur kind hearted🙏🙌

It's a loan scam, you can file police report online with all the info and STOP PAYING THEM.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.