Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas1978

Reaction score
I have deactivated my fb, i have block those scmammer that spam the comment section in my company fb page.
Done those.
Also block my family name in Fb.
I tried my best but if this go further.. I dont know how long this will last...just for $200!!!

jayden1972

Reaction score
You should inform your IO. The police can use this to track who are the people who spam. This is a form of cyber harassment and stalking.

I have deactivated my fb, i have block those scmammer that spam the comment section in my company fb page.
Done those.
I tried my best but if this go further.. I dont know how long this will last...just for $200!!!

BaconHam

Reaction score
Done those.

Dont give up. I bet if u come in ctc with them.. They r gg to count in the interest. N the fear will make u give in. So dont give up

BaconHam

Reaction score
Dont give up. I bet if u come in ctc with them.. They r gg to count in the interest. N the fear will make u give in. So dont give up
Not forgetting, now they r just guessing ur whereabouts. U react means they r right.

Then once they talk to u.. Threaten u.. Add in the weeks or interest n late charges..

How much will that be?

Jus dont give in

Nas1978

Reaction score
Not forgetting, now they r just guessing ur whereabouts. U react means they r right.

Then once they talk to u.. Threaten u.. Add in the weeks or interest n late charges..

How much will that be?

Jus dont give in

I wont. I have update my IO and even dismantel the fb comment section.
Lets see how long they are willing to go.

Stressout123

Reaction score

Sharuu

Reaction score
Yep and i kept denying there is no such thing.

Did you ask them to show you the profile that contacted them to meet and buy? Then can report that profile. Carousell and all these other networks are self policing platforms. Just report and block.

Ghie0908

Reaction score
I saw something like this on Tinder before. I swiped right but they didn't swipe back. The ah long industry has turned into a joke.

I also saw something in FB last time tagging the company FB then saying as Mr like this call me. Then attach photo of the person.

Ghie0908

Reaction score
Done those.

Also done that, deacticated my FB account and Instagram even my company FB. This will be over soon. Just hang on.

Nas1978

Reaction score
Also done that, deacticated my FB account and Instagram even my company FB. This will be over soon. Just hang on.

Ghie.. How long does it last for you?
Mine LS look very persistent.
Keep on posting on my company FB page but we do block setting, so thats his comment are hidden.
He still jammed my company phoneline and website, thru the appointment booking.
I always update my IO.
Wont give in easily.

Nas1978

Reaction score
Did you ask them to show you the profile that contacted them to meet and buy? Then can report that profile. Carousell and all these other networks are self policing platforms. Just report and block.

Yes i did.
They show to me.
I told them to report and block that user and so far, i guess a lot of people have report and block that user, it didnt appear on carusole anymore

BaconHam

Reaction score
Mine silent for 2 days.. Now ki siao again. I suspect there are a few of them using the same hp num.

Gooners

Reaction score
Dear bros and sis here,

I understand the feelings that most of you here have right now as I myself have to deal with loan sharks ordeal not once but twice; but I had managed to overcome them. For your info, 1st time I jam about $30k-$40k and second them about $10k.

Below I will share some of the things you can do in your fight against loan sharks.

1. STOP paying the loan sharks as their main job is to squeeze as much money as they can from you. As some had mentioned here, unless you are so loaded that you can pay them continuously, you got to stop paying them.

2. Be frank upfront with your next of kins and offices. Tell them about your involvement with the loans sharks,; whether you had borrowed from them or the loan sharks deposits loans without your approval (scam). If it is a scam, your NOK with definitely be more understanding and help you to overcome these. Your support from NOK and offices are important. In fact, most employers would be willing to help you in fending off loan sharks if you tell them before hand.

3. Finding help adn support - Most of you will be feeling very helpless and need help once the harassment from loan sharks starts or is imminent; that is why you look up this forum for helps. In fact, we would be worried about the reactions from your NOK and office. As some had mentioned previously, you can seek help from Blessed Grace Social Services. They are trained cousellors in dealing with loan sharks problems for loan shark victims and they can help you to talk to your NOKs and family members and give them calm. They can also talk to your employers and may help to you to retain your job while dealing with the problems. They also have a support group and you can meet and get sharing with a lot people who had loan sharks problems in the past but had overcame them. You will find that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and can see the hope thru them.

4. Change a new number if you can and stop all communications with the loan sharks. Do not even go and read their whatsapp messages and they will know your fear. Just lie low and wait for the whole issues to calm. Most of the times after 1-2 weeks, though some may be longer. But the loan sharks will give up after some time; mostly within a month, as they will not waste their time in chasing something they will not get.

5. Harassment and humiliation from loan sharks. This is a tactic that loan sharks used to make you feel the fear and humiliation and into paying them. You just have to bear with all these harassment and wait for the things to tide over and for them to give up. We had brought all these upon ourselves and just have to face it. They may call your neighbours, send posters, call our offices. We just have to bear with it and wait for things to tide down. If they splashed paint or lock your gate, just report to the police and let the police do their job; it is very easy to apprehend loan shark runners with todays technology and police cams around. They also dont have an army of runners to do all the harassment with today strict laws around.

6. DONT EVER ASSIST THE LOAN SHARKS by giving your atm cards or becoming their runners. For your info, 1 atm card will get 1 months's jail and $30k fine. if you cant pay the $30k fine, then 1 more month jail in default; which is 2 months jail for every card you give to ah long. For runners the setence is more stiff, you will get caning of at least 3 strokes for each harassment and a couple of months jail for each offence. I was in prison once for a drinking offence and I had came across a lot people who gave their atm cards or ah long runners (commando). I saw ah long runners' fleshy and blood stained buttocks when we are bathing and it is not something which you want.

I hope all the above will help calm you and give you some help on dealing with the loan sharks. Feel free to ask me if you need any more info. Remember you are not alone and many had come thru all these ah long ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.