Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stress

Reaction score
Hi, this is my 1st post. Just realised my helper has been borrowing money from 200 to 400 from various moneylenders (lesser licensed and many unlicensed) amounting to a total of about 5K. Police report has been made. I have confiscated her cell phone and switched off the mobile.

Unfortunately the LS have my contact and home address. I was told by the police though the total amount is huge but the amount borrowed individually is not a huge amount, the LS may not send a runner (paying them) to come and harass me as it is not worth. I am very worried.

I have contacted SALC and was quoted 250 per case and to give them my helper's phone. I do not know whether to contact the LS and pay up or not. Please please help me. Thank you every one.

per case $250 how many ahlong she owe u multiply ur self... u wanna fork out that amount? Like what everyone says in this post, change ur no, put cctv... licenced ones go settle... they can go ur house... but if u want go report moneylender association.. i dun think they are allow to loan to domestic worker.

Stress

Reaction score
Yes i have informed MOM and will be sending her back.

She said her friend teach her to borrow then she borrow. She told the police that too. I went to check the messages one time but I got so scared cause they saw me online and keep calling non stop. Send threats to her phone etc. I think it has been a few weeks since June. I kept seeing defer defer

then change ur no go throw away ur maid simcard... get a cctv...

Stress

Reaction score
Yes i have informed MOM and will be sending her back.

She said her friend teach her to borrow then she borrow. She told the police that too. I went to check the messages one time but I got so scared cause they saw me online and keep calling non stop. Send threats to her phone etc. I think it has been a few weeks since June. I kept seeing defer defer

no need to scared of them ok... this ahlong got balls in wats app only... trust me.

ppclip

Reaction score
then change ur no go throw away ur maid simcard... get a cctv...

Yes i am submitting CCTV application to town council tomorrow. I am going to change my number too. :( i am so stressed out by this. So SUAY to kena and its not even my problem.

ppclip

Reaction score
noob question, how do I go about paying licensed money lender? they have a shop or something?

Stress

Reaction score
Yes i am submitting CCTV application to town council tomorrow. I am going to change my number too. :( i am so stressed out by this. So SUAY to kena and its not even my problem.

things happen already... i sympathise you also.. but still bopian have to move on... brace urself...

ppclip

Reaction score
I am so scared they will come my house and harass me non stop or splash paint etc. :( :( if u guys have a helper cannot let them have off days and cell phones.

Stress

Reaction score
noob question, how do I go about paying licensed money lender? they have a shop or something?

when she loan she sure got sign agreemnt. at the agreement will have the bank acct no n payment agreement... u go calculate total then go transfer to the acct provided.. msg the licensed money lender full amount paid.. then settle liao.

ppclip

Reaction score
when she loan she sure got sign agreemnt. at the agreement will have the bank acct no n payment agreement... u go calculate total then go transfer to the acct provided.. msg the licensed money lender full amount paid.. then settle liao.

she told the police she was given a card to pay back that money.

Stress

Reaction score
I am so scared they will come my house and harass me non stop or splash paint etc. :( :( if u guys have a helper cannot let them have off days and cell phones.

i cannot guarantee u they won't come to splash paint, but most of them won't la... change no.. then move on with ur life.. Once they can't contct u, they find next victim liao..

Stress

Reaction score
she told the police she was given a card to pay back that money.

i think what shes trying to say is namecard la, on the namecard will write a breakdown on per month how much she need to pay, for maids usually 3 months la repayment period..

ppclip

Reaction score
i cannot guarantee u they won't come to splash paint, but most of them won't la... change no.. then move on with ur life.. Once they can't contct u, they find next victim liao..

okie. our life has been turned upside down by her. sigh

ppclip

Reaction score
i think what shes trying to say is namecard la, on the namecard will write a breakdown on per month how much she need to pay, for maids usually 3 months la repayment period..

I will ask her tomorrow. settle everything and go home. no more maids, creating trouble.

khunjuno

Reaction score
Hi, this is my 1st post. Just realised my helper has been borrowing money from 200 to 400 from various moneylenders (lesser licensed and many unlicensed) amounting to a total of about 5K. Police report has been made. I have confiscated her cell phone and switched off the mobile.

Unfortunately the LS have my contact and home address. I was told by the police though the total amount is huge but the amount borrowed individually is not a huge amount, the LS may not send a runner (paying them) to come and harass me as it is not worth. I am very worried.

I have contacted SALC and was quoted 250 per case and to give them my helper's phone. I do not know whether to contact the LS and pay up or not. Please please help me. Thank you every one.

Forget for a moment what the police say and take preventive measures to safeguard yourself and your property. Amount big or small not 100% means the loanshark will come to your house and splash paint and set fire. Change whichever mobile numbers you can, set up CCTV (if you want), and put a copy of the police report outside. It will deter some but not all of the debtors turned runners. After that, it's all a matter of praying that they don't come. But if they do, don't react to their threats, continue to turtle and eventually they will give up.

Also, SALC doesn't guarantee results for long term. I don't advise using them. The amount you pay SALC can use to buy dunno how many CCTV and clean up dunno how many times paint. Repair front door also can. lol

ppclip

Reaction score
Forget for a moment what the police say and take preventive measures to safeguard yourself and your property. Amount big or small not 100% means the loanshark will come to your house and splash paint and set fire. Change whichever mobile numbers you can, set up CCTV (if you want), and put a copy of the police report outside. It will deter some but not all of the debtors turned runners. After that, it's all a matter of praying that they don't come. But if they do, don't react to their threats, continue to turtle and eventually they will give up.

Also, SALC doesn't guarantee results for long term. I don't advise using them. The amount you pay SALC can use to buy dunno how many CCTV and clean up dunno how many times paint. Repair front door also can. lol

thank you for your reply. I am praying very hard everyday that they don't come. :( Any good brands of CCTV to recommend.

Stress

Reaction score

hahahahaha agree... if they draw graffiti ask town council come down n clean up for u... :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.