Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharuu

Reaction score
My ah long more hardcore today send me warning letter with my nirc..but I getting use to it

He posted a letter? What did it say?

How often does this happen?

Mine sent a WA from different number threaten to burn this, burn that. Exhausting...

nursejb

Reaction score
Mai stress, mai stress. We're all in same boat and we're all trying to help each other out. This thing already happened, so best to take it one step at a time and move forward.

You already know what to do, which is make police report, close your bank account and STOP PAYING THEM. As for your supervisor, job, landlord and all that, come clean and just say you made a mistake and ask them to understand and help you. You need them on your side, so just be very honest with them. Even though we willingly went and gave our personal info to criminals, remember that the law considers the borrowers as the victims here. Even that one guy before who cheated his 20 ah longs and stole their money and then moved house. Believe it or not, HE is also a victim.

Just be honest and explain the situation to your supervisor and landlord.

All the best.

now the ahlong kept whatapps me using different number threatened me and asked me to clear payment today. so they will closed all cases? should I pay or just ignore. I will do police report tommorow, then I will closed my acc bank also tommorow. tommorow also I will explained all this to my supervisor and my landlords. now what worried me, if the ahlong looking for me, what I need to do? im really afraid, somemore in women and no relative at sg. the ahlong kept infrom me I did not do payment, because during the payment day he call me using different number to do transaction and he kept repeating that he nver call me during the payment day. he only got my picture, my landlord adrrsss and work permit. he also warning me he is andy loanshark in sg.

nursejb

Reaction score
My ah long more hardcore today send me warning letter with my nirc..but I getting use to it

He posted a letter? What did it say?

How often does this happen?

Mine sent a WA from different number threaten to burn this, burn that. Exhausting...

Sharu, how long they threatened you? since when? and their come to ur house?
and how much u loan them?

Sharuu

Reaction score
now the ahlong kept whatapps me using different number threatened me and asked me to clear payment today. so they will closed all cases? should I pay or just ignore. I will do police report tommorow, then I will closed my acc bank also tommorow. tommorow also I will explained all this to my supervisor and my landlords. now what worried me, if the ahlong looking for me, what I need to do? im really afraid, somemore in women and no relative at sg. the ahlong kept infrom me I did not do payment, because during the payment day he call me using different number to do transaction and he kept repeating that he nver call me during the payment day. he only got my picture, my landlord adrrsss and work permit. he also warning me he is andy loanshark in sg.

Again, there is no such thing as "closing" your "account". The point is the account never closes as long as you are paying money. So ignore and stop paying them.

It's very unlikely that will do any physical harm to you, most of them operate outside of Singapore and they only instruct their army of wayward secondary school wannabe gangsters to do their dirty work for them. Their MO is to humiliate you and instil fear because they have your personal info. This is how scammers work. Help yourself and STOP PAYING THEM.

Everything they tell you is lies so that you will continue paying. The "confirmation message", the deferment, the "never got the money", all these are lies.

Lastly, you think he so much time to come look for you is it...?

Just lie low for a bit, I know it can be terrifying at first, but once you clear your head, you'll realize that there's not much they can do to you apart from threats and humiliation.

Take care.

Last edited:

nursejb

Reaction score
Again, there is no such thing as "closing" your "account". The point is the account never closes as long as you are paying money. So ignore and stop paying them.

It's very unlikely that will do any physical harm to you, most of them operate outside of Singapore and they only instruct their army of wayward secondary school wannabe gangsters to do their dirty work for them. Their MO is to humiliate you and instil fear because they have your personal info. This is how scammers work. Help yourself and STOP PAYING THEM.

Everything they tell you is lies so that you will continue paying. The "confirmation message", the deferment, the "never got the money", all these are lies.

Lastly, you think he so much time to come look for you is it...?

Just lie low for a bit, I know it can be terrifying at first, but once you clear your head, you'll realize that there's not much they can do to you apart from threats and humiliation.

Take care.

shiruu, I pm u can u check ur massage.

nursejb

Reaction score
may I know how you guys handle for this humiliation and threatened from all this loanshark.

nursejb

Reaction score
may I know how you guys handle for this humiliation and threatened from all this loanshark.

Sharuu

Reaction score
How do all of u deal with all these threats and humiliation?

I only kena harassment on phone and office.

First few days I defaulted, I was very afraid and slept outside my house to keep a lookout. After that, I stopped bothering.

When they threatened to call my office the last time, I stayed by the phone and picked up in a different voice. Then I told them I had died last year, but that didn't work. Several days later they called again and my manager picked up. When he asked about it, I turned up my wayang and acted super outraged. I told him I lost my ID and name card and had been getting threatening calls and messages. I drama until like what. I think they called again after and my manager, bless his pure little heart, must have said a thing or two to them then they stopped calling.

The phone one, I'm just ignoring. I haven't blocked because I'm trying to keep track of things they say to me and the numbers they use (so I can really make an ah long annual directory and sell to all of you). But I haven't open the messages because limpeh scared. :*( My next of kins are pretty chill, so I haven't had problems with that. But you should, of course, warn yours and provide all the phone numbers they should block.

I haven't kena the paint or neighbour nonsense. But my neighbours already know what's up. I've been buying them curry puffs on my way home every other day, so I think we're like mates now and will look out for weirdos.

Last edited:

Vince5877

Banned
Reaction score
I only kena harassment on phone and office.

Prepare to buy thinner and paint. And some clothes. It will take about 2 hours to wash the paint off your door / gate.

Also prepare to call your town council to come paint over the writing on the wall. Its FOC.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Also, gotta bear in mind that as much as you don't know who they are, they also technically don't know who you are. They may have the personal details you gave them but they don't know who is behind your phones. It's like poker la. Unless you legit problem gambler and borrow a big amount, in which case, you will actually need ah longs, you're probably not worth anything to them beyond a few threatening messages.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Prepare to buy thinner and paint. And some clothes. It will take about 2 hours to wash the paint off your door / gate.

Also prepare to call your town council to come paint over the writing on the wall. Its FOC.

You kena ah?

How much did you borrow and how long until they did the paint job?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
How do all of u deal with all these threats and humiliation?
Is either u deal with their shame or threat or else just pay till u dry..I have been feeding these suckers for 1yr..i work 2jobs to feed these suckers.every mth pay in instant become zero..the money I paid every month can pay for installment for HDB Liao.now those ah loan lose a money tree like me.they cfm go mad..let them be.i told by close neighbour I made a mistake took a loan repay them but they keep extorting me.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
You kena ah?

How much did you borrow and how long until they did the paint job?

Install CCTV and buy thinner and get ready lo.frankly speaking yr ah loan is paper tiger type.do 6 days loan are scammer ah loan who want fast money..haha.u can ask them come lo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.