Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khai82

Reaction score
Happen when? Today?

When i saw him at the lift lobby of my floor i instantly knew another one is coming. I kept my cool till he approach my unit. He told me he was looking for me but didnt know i was the person he mentioned.I grab and whack him as he was try to fled. Lucky me my brother in law was at my house. He grab lock that guy and i call the cops. What the IO told me as thus is happening too often they have to activate the anti loanshark branch as the evidence of whatsapp is already there

Khai82

Reaction score
When i saw him at the lift lobby of my floor i instantly knew another one is coming. I kept my cool till he approach my unit. He told me he was looking for me but didnt know i was the person he mentioned.I grab and whack him as he was try to fled. Lucky me my brother in law was at my house. He grab lock that guy and i call the cops. What the IO told me as thus is happening too often they have to activate the anti loanshark branch as the evidence of whatsapp is already there

The 2nd case was classic. This is a pure runner. I monitored him from my CCTV. He was taking a picture of my unit. I have already standby police baton and have the intention to whack him good. Unfortunately one of the neighbour open the gate and startled him and he manage to fled.

Adt007

Reaction score
The 2nd case was classic. This is a pure runner. I monitored him from my CCTV. He was taking a picture of my unit. I have already standby police baton and have the intention to whack him good. Unfortunately one of the neighbour open the gate and startled him and he manage to fled.

I think you will get yourself into trouble by taking the law into your own hand.

Somemore you have a police baton ? Contraband item.

Whats the point ? You whack the runner , you got to jail , and while you are in jail, the LS continue to send more runners to your house. Then what your fammily members gonna do without you around ?

Khai82

Reaction score
I think you will get yourself into trouble by taking the law into your own hand.

Somemore you have a police baton ? Contraband item.

Whats the point ? You whack the runner , you got to jail , and while you are in jail, the LS continue to send more runners to your house. Then what your fammily members gonna do without you around ?

Yup i should keep my cool. Let the police do their job.

Nas1978

Reaction score

Runners and they themselves doesnt know the face of the LS

I attend a counselling at Adullum by Mr Wong. There is few other people there who will guide and help in your issues. I told them my case and the last payment which was $200,the LS defer, i refused to pay. They told me.. Its a small amt for them to chase me or send someone to the hse. They have to pay the runner to go to my hse. A week later, one runner came pretending to be asking if anyone order pizza. Immediately, few days later, my family install camera.
Do you all think they will come and splash paint or lock gate?

crankysg

Reaction score
Nowadays facebook alot liao. All using forging legit money lender brands. I also kana. When i borrow from the first one, i didnt realise it was the unlicensed one. But strangely, i pay after 1 week and everything has been settled. No asking of defer payment. Only once in a while ask you to support nia but normally i kindly reject. This recent i kana one which just forced transfer even when i say i dont need. Really didnt expect *them* to go beyond the line. Anyways i believe most or all of them are malaysians. Dunno what the hell is wrong with them. I believe some of us really need the money to tide over some issues, hence thinking that those ads or smses are legit money lenders. Dont say like : Wah you adult lei, why you so naive or stupid? Truth is when you in need of help or desperate, you wont even have to time to decide. A bad experience is always a good learning lesson. Even though me myself also kana but i strongly urge those who are losing their hopes to stay strong, And to those who resisted and dont give a damn to keep fighting.
Do take note, do give chance to any runners who do come to your house. The Runners might be one of the victims too. Instead of whacking or doing anything horrible to them, just hand them over to the police and thats it. You would be doing them a great help and to yourself too.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Nowadays facebook alot liao. All using forging legit money lender brands. I also kana. When i borrow from the first one, i didnt realise it was the unlicensed one. But strangely, i pay after 1 week and everything has been settled. No asking of defer payment. Only once in a while ask you to support nia but normally i kindly reject. This recent i kana one which just forced transfer even when i say i dont need. Really didnt expect *them* to go beyond the line. Anyways i believe most or all of them are malaysians. Dunno what the hell is wrong with them. I believe some of us really need the money to tide over some issues, hence thinking that those ads or smses are legit money lenders. Dont say like : Wah you adult lei, why you so naive or stupid? Truth is when you in need of help or desperate, you wont even have to time to decide. A bad experience is always a good learning lesson. Even though me myself also kana but i strongly urge those who are losing their hopes to stay strong, And to those who resisted and dont give a damn to keep fighting.
Do take note, do give chance to any runners who do come to your house. The Runners might be one of the victims too. Instead of whacking or doing anything horrible to them, just hand them over to the police and thats it. You would be doing them a great help and to yourself too.

This forum is temporarily closed for Hari Raya. Lol.

My most recent ah long is trying to get in touch with me/my friend's mobile number. We're not responding but not blocking either.

Waiting for him to get in touch with my NOK, who has also been extensively briefed.

Watch this space!

Nas1978

Reaction score
This forum is temporarily closed for Hari Raya. Lol.

My most recent ah long is trying to get in touch with me/my friend's mobile number. We're not responding but not blocking either.

Waiting for him to get in touch with my NOK, who has also been extensively briefed.

Watch this space!

Cant wait for the drama.. Update

Pandahero

Reaction score
I was an ah long runner, not the splashing paint type but those who holds their accounts and ensuring that money was always in. I was young, stupid and greedy. The money they offered me Was enticing. Not until my bestfriend loaned money and disappeared. That's when the nightmare started. My own people started to harass me and threatened me and my family. The later compelled me to surrender myself with their accounts numbers and their atm cards. I was investigated and interrogated. But because I was cooperative, I was not severely charged. But spf warned me that my life will be upside down. Which came true, these LS tried to find me, they found my workplace, harassed me at work, found my new number and my family's number. I suffered close to 6 years, and now, the harassing is starting all over again.
Ah long will always try to break u. Scare tactics, shouting, cursing. I tried to attempt suicide because they broke me and I realised, it was stupid. I was fortunate that my family, relatives and close friends were supportive and gave me strength. LS will only send their runners as they are hiding in fear of getting caught. Runners are expandable and cheap cannon fodder.

Mr.Willy

Reaction score
Their only weapon is to prey on our fear of getting humiliated, once you get over that, they’ve got nothing. They’re cowards more than anything and with little foresight. If they actually behaved like proper ah longs, they could have made good bank for longer periods of time. And probably won’t be paying for sharuu’s whiskey!

Yes wholly agree with you,They are cowards i did challenge them face to face but instead what they only capable of doing is shouting over the phone.Its already been 5 weeks and im bracing myself to get my gate locked or paint splash at my house.
For tbose who kanna scam by LS,

Dont pay or transferred any money to them (You are only helping the LS to transfer to another victim)

Ignore their calls or messages

Please make a police report and handover the money as case exhibit

Install a cctv camera for detterent(need to ask for TC approval if theres mounting need to be drilled,TC will approves if submit with police report

Close the bank account

Imform family members and neighbours

Change phone numbers(telco wont charge any fees if you show the police report)

And lastly a baseball bat 😊

Sharuu

Reaction score
I was an ah long runner, not the splashing paint type but those who holds their accounts and ensuring that money was always in. I was young, stupid and greedy. The money they offered me Was enticing. Not until my bestfriend loaned money and disappeared. That's when the nightmare started. My own people started to harass me and threatened me and my family. The later compelled me to surrender myself with their accounts numbers and their atm cards. I was investigated and interrogated. But because I was cooperative, I was not severely charged. But spf warned me that my life will be upside down. Which came true, these LS tried to find me, they found my workplace, harassed me at work, found my new number and my family's number. I suffered close to 6 years, and now, the harassing is starting all over again.
Ah long will always try to break u. Scare tactics, shouting, cursing. I tried to attempt suicide because they broke me and I realised, it was stupid. I was fortunate that my family, relatives and close friends were supportive and gave me strength. LS will only send their runners as they are hiding in fear of getting caught. Runners are expandable and cheap cannon fodder.

Your story got a lot of lobang.

How they know it was your best friend? Who asked you to surrender? Who is your "own people" that harassed you? Why did they "try to find" you? If you runner then they would already have your details. And why are they harassing you again? They want money from you?

Sponsored content?

Last edited:

Sharuu

Reaction score
Yes wholly agree with you,They are cowards i did challenge them face to face but instead what they only capable of doing is shouting over the phone.Its already been 5 weeks and im bracing myself to get my gate locked or paint splash at my house.
For tbose who kanna scam by LS,

Dont pay or transferred any money to them (You are only helping the LS to transfer to another victim)

Ignore their calls or messages

Please make a police report and handover the money as case exhibit

Install a cctv camera for detterent(need to ask for TC approval if theres mounting need to be drilled,TC will approves if submit with police report

Close the bank account

Imform family members and neighbours

Change phone numbers(telco wont charge any fees if you show the police report)

And lastly a baseball bat 😊

Hi. Handing over money as case exhibit is absolute rubbish. Who told you to do this? And why?

Just report, close bank account and block numbers is enough.

Mr.Willy

Reaction score
Hi. Handing over money as case exhibit is absolute rubbish. Who told you to do this? And why?

Just report, close bank account and block numbers is enough.

Its up to anyone as what they want to do with the momey that the LS transferred,For me i jus handed over the money to the police

Pandahero

Reaction score
Your story got a lot of lobang.

How they know it was your best friend? Who asked you to surrender? Who is your "own people" that harassed you? Why did they "try to find" you? If you runner then they would already have your details. And why are they harassing you again? They want money from you?

Sponsored content?

My friend used my name as guarantor.
I told my family everything thus my family asked me to surrender.
'My own people that harass me' referring to the LS.
They tried to find me due to I saboh them by surrendering their Atm cards with money inside.
Why they harassing me all the time? Want their lost money back.
Sponsored content? Sponsored by who? M1? Singtel?

Khai82

Reaction score
I begin to question is it a mistake to report LS to the authority. My house has been getting nuisance harassment 3x in less than a month for sex scam. 1 genuine case of LS runner. Wheneva i reported to the police, the evidence is there such as the phone no and name of the LS in the mobile of each sex scam visit but till date the IO seems not interested to pursue. Even there is a concrete evidence on the web at locanto.As for the runner, i have ahown the police of the footage and they replied the evidence is not enough to regard this as LS work. I mean come on y would a stranger pop up and suddenly take a photo of my unit and fled? Since im in the midst of having this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.