Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my ongoing story as well...

Some time back got loan from ah Long... 1 become 2, 2 become 3, now owe 6 ah Long money, ranging from $350 to $2k. Thing is, I haven’t been able to clear my loans, some clear partially, most of them just keep deferring because either they no account or I not enough money to pay them their clear amount. All started from weekly trial loan with promises for bigger loan... sigh.

Coming to my breaking point because I can’t afford to even defer them now. Searched for some help online and found this thread, thankfully there are many people who gone through the same as I did.

So from what I gather...

1) stop paying them, endure the harassment and eventually it’ll go away?

2) report to police for any harassment and vandalism

3) inform NOK and company about the issue
- this one I find hardest to do because of the humiliation and stigma which comes with borrowing money from loansharks.

This coming Wednesday supposed to clear one of my loans, knowing the guy, most likely will ask me to defer. If I stop paying, he will be the first. What should I expect?

Expect the worse la bro..u take their money and u expect they will be polite and ask u for money back.u will be numb after awhile la..splash paint fire lock gate pic of u send Ard neighbour etc..

BaconHam

Reaction score
Hi all,

Some time back got loan from ah Long... 1 become 2, 2 become 3, now owe 6 ah Long money, ranging from $350 to $2k. Thing is, I haven’t been able to clear my loans, some clear partially, most of them just keep deferring because either they no account or I not enough money to pay them their clear amount. All started from weekly trial loan with promises for bigger loan... sigh.

Coming to my breaking point because I can’t afford to even defer them now. Searched for some help online and found this thread, thankfully there are many people who gone through the same as I did.

So from what I gather...

- this one I find hardest to do because of the humiliation and stigma which comes with borrowing money from loansharks.

This coming Wednesday supposed to clear one of my loans, knowing the guy, most likely will ask me to defer. If I stop paying, he will be the first. What should I expect?

Take a day leave tdy because loan is due on wed..

Get a new line. I tried using my old one. But i tell u... Its the same. They chg numbers n start bombing u

Best is to jus chg a new line so u wont get to see those msgs.

U dont want to get urself affected on wed cause initial stages r the worst.

Then u shud close bank acct..
Report police with all the msgs, loan amt, acct numbers ready

That shud take u 3/4 of the day

Then have a dinner with nok n share ur story n the steps u taken.

Jus sleep well for the battle on wed.

Gooners

Reaction score
Hi all,

So from what I gather...

First, brace yourself for the harassment calls that start coming. He will also most definitely call your NOKs and even shout vulgarities at you and your NOKs. But important thing is not to get in contact and talk to the ah long; cut off all communications with them. The loan sharks are hiding in the dark and we are out there and the moment we stop getting in contact with the loan sharks, they are more panicked than us. That is why they resorted to all those harassment tactics to get us out and communicate with them again.

Secondly, you definitely have to let your NOKs know what happen. You rather let them know early than them having a shock and start panicking when ah longs start to call them and harass them. If possible, get someone close to your NOKs to accompany you to talk to them.

Then, just bear with all the stuff that might come from the ah longs and ride out the whole ordeal. Might be a few days or a few weeks but definitely the harassment will end when the ah longs knew they are not going to get anything from you again. They wont waste their time on doing something which is not going to reap rewards for them and they will move on to try their luck on other victims.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys my wife stupidly reply a loan sms ad and ask for $500 loan.
Now we want to return the money with interest, but the LS keep delaying to tell us his acc num.
I’m very worried that he will not accept our payment and keep delaying.

Ray1969

Reaction score
Now we want to return the money with interest, but the LS keep delaying to tell us his acc num.

No need to worry, LS for sure will ask you to defer payment. I heard a bro's testimony, LS told him to defer 20 times then can full settle. But even after 20 times whether can full settle or Not, it's still a big "?".

Harrassed

Reaction score
I think the scars will be there for life. When I was inside, i saw some inmates use the towel to cover their backside arethose who have the scars. very obvious.

And there was one who went for caning, come back still can sit on the butt, jump here jump there, smile and laugh as tough no pain at all. Dunno is act gungho or really now the caning standard drop

Acting skills must be tip top and sibei gao lun. Even when I tried not to show too much expression, the tears still flowed, no way to control. The scars stay with you for life, physically and mentally.
I am trying very hard to stay out of trouble now, following instructions given by IO to the word. I don’t want to go in again man. But if the LS push me too much, and if I catch the runner (innocent or not), very hard to guarantee anything. I just hope that day won’t come.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

U tell him either u take bk the 500 or tell him u pay others loanshark coz u already own alot outside..if he kpkp u. Must kpkp back.dont show yr fear..

Last edited:

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hahaha. Guess what they wrote ah long graffti on the walls of my multi story carpark.i just ignore lo..haiz another ah long runner to be caught soon..

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to worry, LS for sure will ask you to defer payment. I heard a bro's testimony, LS told him to defer 20 times then can full settle. But even after 20 times whether can full settle or Not, it's still a big "?".

I don’t know man. Will they splash paint etc just for this $500?

BaconHam

Reaction score
I don’t know man. Will they splash paint etc just for this $500?

Depends on how u portray urself. Its not bt 500 bucks.. Its how many defers he can squeeze frm u.

Keep in mind that they r criminals n u r victim. They should be more scared than u.

This should help when u tell them off.

Block them after that if they dont agree.

Infinitylo

Reaction score
1month already and nothing happen. No more calls too. Just for those dont know, mine was a scam which transfer $400 to me.

Most importantly dont be afraid. Remember it is a scam. For those owning real LS i cant advice.

Nas1978

Reaction score
As for mine.. The calls still come in and those who kena from LS in carusole, still show up. Just yesterday, LS deal a iphone via carusole and the staff came down to send the phone to my workplace. He wasnt surprise that they were prank or conned by this LS. An hr later, the hp boss came, call LS and scold him up and down.. Gosh this man is more scary than the LS. He look so much like a gangster than Boss of HP chain shop.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
As for mine.. The calls still come in and those who kena from LS in carusole, still show up. Just yesterday, LS deal a iphone via carusole and the staff came down to send the phone to my workplace. He wasnt surprise that they were prank or conned by this LS. An hr later, the hp boss came, call LS and scold him up and down.. Gosh this man is more scary than the LS. He look so much like a gangster than Boss of HP chain shop.

Alot of hp show run by ah beng

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on how u portray urself. Its not bt 500 bucks.. Its how many defers he can squeeze frm u.

Keep in mind that they r criminals n u r victim. They should be more scared than u.

This should help when u tell them off.

Block them after that if they dont agree.

When I talk to him he still say ok will let me know the amount to clear once and for all no trouble after that. Now like MIA liao.

LOOHHHH

Reaction score

no worry. they dare not do anything.
report to police, block and change number.
they sure threaten to send email to your company to make you famous.
they sure say penalty if you pay them late.
anything they say and talk like a dog.

LOOHHHH

Reaction score
First, brace yourself for the harassment calls that start coming. He will also most definitely call your NOKs and even shout vulgarities at you and your NOKs. But important thing is not to get in contact and talk to the ah long; cut off all communications with them. The loan sharks are hiding in the dark and we are out there and the moment we stop getting in contact with the loan sharks, they are more panicked than us. That is why they resorted to all those harassment tactics to get us out and communicate with them again.

Secondly, you definitely have to let your NOKs know what happen. You rather let them know early than them having a shock and start panicking when ah longs start to call them and harass them. If possible, get someone close to your NOKs to accompany you to talk to them.

Then, just bear with all the stuff that might come from the ah longs and ride out the whole ordeal. Might be a few days or a few weeks but definitely the harassment will end when the ah longs knew they are not going to get anything from you again. They wont waste their time on doing something which is not going to reap rewards for them and they will move on to try their luck on other victims.

no wonder when i block his number, he start to bark like a dog and even threaten to burn down my flat and splash paint etc..
send email to my company to make me famous.
shout and shout and claim, this is my main line. you block my number..

LOOHHHH

Reaction score
When I talk to him he still say ok will let me know the amount to clear once and for all no trouble after that. Now like MIA liao.

At first is like this.
you be prepare, when they send you account number. die die want you to return back on time. for eg. if they send you account number around 6.50 or 6.55pm, they will say must tt back at 7pm. then if you late, he will claim ,'' my boss say you late and must pay penalty.'' once you see this. ignore and go and make police report. block the number and ignore. dont read.

change your facebook to privacy. if can install the cctv.
if they say want to go ur work place or do harrassement at your flat. ingore.
tell them to come and do it. hdb got cctv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.