Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Personally, I started receiving all these messages once I cleared my loan with licensed money lender. Chun chun the next day start to receive all these messages.
License one mostly funded by ah long..u can try those license that is independent one..they don't share info of borrower between other lenders

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Personally, I started receiving all these messages once I cleared my loan with licensed money lender. Chun chun the next day start to receive all these messages.

No wonder..the samw thing happen to me. After few days they call n texted me to make payment..saying that they didnt receive payment..n they ask me to transfer again..which i told them i have the receipt of transfer amd im not transferring again. Then they say no worry dont want to pay right..see what happen when to ur house. They even know my new bto unit..ohh mann..so im suspecting they get info from license money lender..

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
No wonder..the samw thing happen to me. After few days they call n texted me to make payment..saying that they didnt receive payment..n they ask me to transfer again..which i told them i have the receipt of transfer amd im not transferring again. Then they say no worry dont want to pay right..see what happen when to ur house. They even know my new bto unit..ohh mann..so im suspecting they get info from license money lender..

Mostly license money lender will share information about borrow between them..yr Al must have gotten yr info from license that's and I suppose yr payment record quite ok that's why they offer u loan

khunjuno

Reaction score

As in they call specifically to tell you you haven't made payment to your licensed money lender?

If they did, then you should report your licensed money lender to the police for breach of privacy and debtor details.

-edit-

If they generic say they haven't received payment, they could be those a-holes who just want to scare you into transferring money. Same creature, different approach.

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
As in they call specifically to tell you you haven't made payment to your licensed money lender?

If they did, then you should report your licensed money lender to the police for breach of privacy and debtor details.

-edit-

If they generic say they haven't received payment, they could be those a-holes who just want to scare you into transferring money. Same creature, different approach.

The acct given is not to my MLM..ive made polive report and they said the acct is in their database...this AL still insist me to pay if not they will harrass my house,wife n workplc..wth.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

-edit-

They Wana scare u then u scam their money lo..tell them u need 2k loan.

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
Yes. I did. In fact I did not seek to borrow money from these blood sucking loan sharks. I was under the impression they were licensed moneylenders. Turns out...they were in fact loansharks, without a face or name. I got scammed big time. I took only $300...and after a few weeks ended paying this blood sucker $21,000.00. I had no choice but to seek help from SALC. And they did a wonderful job. Now I have my peace back. Life goes on and I am really grateful to those people at SALC.

What did they do though? And how much did they charge? If you were already being harassed, why did you pay 21k?

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Don’t even start to pay them. Straight away make police report. In fact, report the licensed money lender as well

Yup..already made police report n also given then MLM company,acct number n hp as well. Im not that worried if they come to my hse to splash paint or watsoeva..my concern is if they call my workplace n create stories.

LOOHHHH

Reaction score
Don’t even start to pay them. Straight away make police report. In fact, report the licensed money lender as well

there is no so called license and non license. both are the same
Really license money lender will ask you to come down sign paper and hand the money to you on that day once approved. they will explain in detail. some will ask for credit bureac report and depend on the amount.
repayment period is max 5 months .
i believe got to read very carefully on the form that was signed when asking loan from those license money lenders.

shouldnt pay them, the more you pay.. the more they asked and squeezed more money.

LOOHHHH

Reaction score
Yup..already made police report n also given then MLM company,acct number n hp as well. Im not that worried if they come to my hse to splash paint or watsoeva..my concern is if they call my workplace n create stories.

it is normal. they sure say something like this to threaten you.

LOOHHHH

Reaction score
I know... sickens me to think that even licensed money lending entities are working with ah longs.

some so called license money lender oso got some relation. they will get non license to do the harassment.
my IO told me.
Alot of them will not reveal too much on their penalty, late payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.