Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Wah, that's damn shiong man. At least now you know you got stamina to work 2 job and earn 3k every week. So you definitely can buy condo and BMW in future haha.

Mine start with trial loan first, some let me clear and gave me bigger loan and later start deferring me, others just ask me defer trial loan all the way. 1k trial loan can defer until pay 2k+ haven't clear.

It's the defer mechanic that kills us.

Bro I work like 100hrs a weeks.u say...

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i have been thinking of doing these lol. easy money. just borrow but dont pay lor. see how far i get blacklisted in their AL database

Exactly that! I used ah long money to go on so many holidays already. Been drinking myself stupid too. Still victim!

Shiok right.

Ah Long like a rat in Singapore. When you challenge them to meet face to face and they hum ji.
Why they still lend out money when they know that a lot of gian png Singaporean will play punk and call police give them a trip to jail ?
Ah Long really no brain ? :s11::s11::s11:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do u think u are very smart?

Oh I've gone beyond just thinking it. I know.

How much have u scam to date..can go Russia watch world final?

qhong61, He is smart because he know how to game the system.
Unless one day got law said that the ah long borrower need to go jail instead the ah long, then there is different story.
So many stories that people use victim card claim ah long harassment, in the end no need to pay back after police catch the illegal ah long.

118 arrested for suspected loan shark activities after four-day police operation

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ng-activities-after-four-day-police-operation

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

lesnar88

Reaction score
The unlicensed one is 10. Each LS varies from 200 to 400. Total amount there is about 3k. Another 2k plus is from licensed ones.

all i can say is just tahan. dont pay.
one of my family member used to have 15. back in 2009.
the LS really shiong back then. the wall on my lift lobby damn colorful.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
all i can say is just tahan. dont pay.
one of my family member used to have 15. back in 2009.
the LS really shiong back then. the wall on my lift lobby damn colorful.

Back in 2009 no police cam. Nw the moment u leave the carpark and walk to yr lift lobby u be amaze how many police camera Ard...

lesnar88

Reaction score
How isit going on now?

we didnt have any experience dealing with LS. so with every call, we pick up, agree and pay. but we reach a point of time we are all dried up. so with every call, we try to negotiate. i think out of 15 LS, only 1 damn nice lol. the rest would just scream and shout over the phone. the 1 that is damn nice i think is an uncle. he can talk to you really nicely.

because we keep paying, we paid about $6k+ in total for 15 LS, we delay their harassment. of coz we live in fear everyday. you just dont know what they gonna do. 15 LS maybe about 9 harassment? splash paint, graffiti and lock gate x1. the harassment last only 1 month?

the LS cant keep dwelling/harassing on 1 person for so long if he dont pay up. thats what i realized.

but now the LS can reach a wider target through spam sms and whatsapp. you just need a few idiots gullible enough to borrow, scare and repay and their business continues.

khunjuno

Reaction score
Anyone gets harrassment today?

Office got a few calls looking for me today, ditto with my boss. Apart from that, no calls to my NOK. Looks like they shifted their attention to my office. I suppose if that doesn’t work, they’ll start to come splash paint at my house

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my 1st post. Just realised my helper has been borrowing money from 200 to 400 from various moneylenders (lesser licensed and many unlicensed) amounting to a total of about 5K. Police report has been made. I have confiscated her cell phone and switched off the mobile.

Unfortunately the LS have my contact and home address. I was told by the police though the total amount is huge but the amount borrowed individually is not a huge amount, the LS may not send a runner (paying them) to come and harass me as it is not worth. I am very worried.

I have contacted SALC and was quoted 250 per case and to give them my helper's phone. I do not know whether to contact the LS and pay up or not. Please please help me. Thank you every one.

Do not pay anything... Licensed or unlicensed or ah loong..

U never loan... U are not a guarantee of your maid loan....

I was also in similar case as you.. the f##king maid go loan momey... If you are not a clone n still interested... Reply here... N I can share my experience for your reference...

Hard to type on mobile....

ppclip

Reaction score
cfm not clone i was so angry with her. I asked her again today why did she go lend the money? she didn't reply. I asked her where are the other maids who borrowed? She said some sent back to agent. Then those without agent she doesn't want to reply. Fuming! After reading all the advices, we decided not to pay too. But I live in fear loh. Changed my mobile no already.

Last edited:

25chic

Reaction score
Owe Loansharks

Hi! This is my first post. I owe 5 loan sharks and now am stuck coz I can't keep up with the repayments. The biggest I owe is $3k from one of them. Since I'm stuck & unable to repay, they asked me to open up an account or work for them which I definitely not going to do. I'm afraid they will come to my house and my family doesn't know about it. Please advise if I should go report police quickly as now that I refuse to "work" for them or open a new bank account, they have started to scream profanities and threatens to burn my house etc. I screwed up and loan from them and now really regret it. Please share your advise on my next steps.

lesnar88

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post. I owe 5 loan sharks and now am stuck coz I can't keep up with the repayments. The biggest I owe is $3k from one of them. Since I'm stuck & unable to repay, they asked me to open up an account or work for them which I definitely not going to do. I'm afraid they will come to my house and my family doesn't know about it. Please advise if I should go report police quickly as now that I refuse to "work" for them or open a new bank account, they have started to scream profanities and threatens to burn my house etc. I screwed up and loan from them and now really regret it. Please share your advise on my next steps.

Read from page 1 onwards

Snaptwist05

Reaction score

Its best for u to make a police report and get a cctv or IP camera as a first step. Let the authority know all the mobile numbers.. Acct numbers. Also do forward them sceenshots of your conversation with your AL. Other than that, brace urself for whats next to come. Only the AL knows..

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
How u manage to get 3k for 1 acct? Dont they usually start will small amount?

25chic

Reaction score
How u manage to get 3k for 1 acct? Dont they usually start will small amount?
I got 2xcashback of $950 from the same lender and the clear amount each is $1.5k. Now that I sat back and thought abt everything I realise all 5 of them are the same person? Their bank account numbers are the same and when they came to me aksing for loans, they kinda knew I’m in need thus they targeted me. Im in deep **** but i cant keep on paying them. When I could clear, they asked to defer. I cant keep up anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.