Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

khunjuno

Reaction score
How long has it been since u last paid or decided to stop payment? I haven't block their messages but they have been quiet since last 2 days. Should I start blocking?

More than a week already. Past few days have been quiet on my and NOK side because they have been calling my boss and my company.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Literally same situation as you, except the fiance part. Gambled, initially won, then lost, borrow from banks, licence, al, friends etc. Finally woke up after this whole AL thing blew up. In the process of restructuring my debt now.

No harassment so far, but still ready for it. Living one day at a time, every time open door will check and hope no splashed paint

Yes, I have I think 3-4 AL all the same group, all appear one after the other.

My advice to u bro...settle the bank first and go CBS for debt restructure..bank legal charges are will be bear by u..I still outstanding 50k with banks last.time stupid pay Al instead of bank..rmb to pay yr fren and tell.them abt yr situation..so u lose at mbs ah

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Yes, that’s what happened to me. Apparently A, B & C I think happens to be the same AL. They know when to text esp promote on the days I was due to pay. Now am stuck.

Precisely that how they can suck I every fast left pocket out right pocket in

lesnar88

Reaction score
How long has it been since u last paid or decided to stop payment? I haven't block their messages but they have been quiet since last 2 days. Should I start blocking?

just block their sms and whatsapp messages. you dont want to accidentally open up their whatsapp and be seen.

the thing is you want to stay invisible.

such that you are no longer under their radar. for this only time will tell.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've read from the first page till the latest and realised that a lot people been unwillingly involved in this. I gained much more confidence after reading, thanks everyone.

I've borrowed from 2 AL with Malaysia accent but not yet returned the full principle amount.
Will they be more aggresive since they didn't recover the principle amount? Or regardless of anything they will still be aggressive?

What's the worst encounter anyone faced with AL from WhatsApp with Malaysia accent?

I've lodged a police report, should I install a CCTV outside my house just in case? Or those installed at the stairway and lift works?

You stay in Singapore and not Malaysia right ?
Then just report to Police. As you can see from other experiences, Ah Long is very coward in Singapore.
If you stay in Malaysia, advise you better clear off the debt and don't play with them.
Ah Long in Malaysia is different from Singapore.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Literally same situation as you, except the fiance part. Gambled, initially won, then lost, borrow from banks, licence, al, friends etc. Finally woke up after this whole AL thing blew up. In the process of restructuring my debt now.

No harassment so far, but still ready for it. Living one day at a time, every time open door will check and hope no splashed paint

Yes, I have I think 3-4 AL all the same group, all appear one after the other.

Pay off the bank. Concentrate on the bank. Don't let the bank got reason to make you bankrupt, very hard to get a job in the future.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Pay off the bank. Concentrate on the bank. Don't let the bank got reason to make you bankrupt, very hard to get a job in the future.

Yes make bank first pirioty...yr credit record stay with u for awhile...don't play play

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will they also go condo to do harassment?

I don't think Ah Long so powerful can bypass guard go inside condo.
I read somewhere that a guy borrow money from Ah Long to buy condo.
Then the Ah Long go and harass the new HDB owner and urge the HDB owner to contact the guy to pay back the money. :s13::s13::s13::s13::s13::s13:

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
I don't think Ah Long so powerful can bypass guard go inside condo.
I read somewhere that a guy borrow money from Ah Long to buy condo.
Then the Ah Long go and harass the new HDB owner and urge the HDB owner to contact the guy to pay back the money. :s13::s13::s13::s13::s13::s13:

Nah can't be la..ah long will.lend few k how to buy condo

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Not necessary a gambler you will turn to AL. Like myself, am tight in finances and was at my wits end when I started receiving these marketing scams. Easier said to ignore but when you’re in dire situations these sharks know who to target somehow.
Then what yr cause.. woman?

Lifemistake

Reaction score
You stay in Singapore and not Malaysia right ?
Then just report to Police. As you can see from other experiences, Ah Long is very coward in Singapore.
If you stay in Malaysia, advise you better clear off the debt and don't play with them.
Ah Long in Malaysia is different from Singapore.

I stay in Singapore, those WhatsApp AL sense that I blocked their number etc and suddenly agree to settle full payment. I'm just afraid my NOK will give in easily instead. They started shouting and scolding and cursing my NOK once I stopped replying and ignoring their message...

khunjuno

Reaction score
I stay in Singapore, those WhatsApp AL sense that I blocked their number etc and suddenly agree to settle full payment. I'm just afraid my NOK will give in easily instead. They started shouting and scolding and cursing my NOK once I stopped replying and ignoring their message...

You need to help them understand that "settling" full payment will just make things worse, because you can pay one amount and they will come up with a new amount a few days later saying that the amount you paid is just for interest or late payment etc. Don't believe any of that ******** anymore. Talk to your NOK and help them block the AL numbers and explain to them that the AL will continue to extort money even after payment has been made.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sorry, may I know what is NOK ? :s11:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Credit card can kill u slowly..I had 10 credit facilities all max out..

Whatever is it, faster pay up all the bank debt.
If it take you 2 years, just do it.
Don't ever give the bank got chance to make you bankrupt.
Bankruptcy very hard to get a job and got restriction travel oversea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.