Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

lesnar88

Reaction score
Sia la, if someone anyhow use NRIC to take loan from loanshark also dangerous man. I think it's more likely LS2 trying to help LS1, since they have many different "stalls" that they can loan money out, plus can use different numbers to contact debtors. I've never had LS asking me is it I want to loan when I am the one providing the NRIC because, why would they care? Got NRIC, got bank account, if their background check is OK, they just loan out. Anything whack the house.

After you repay finish or if you're unable to pay anymore, then you or your NOK will start receiving advertisement from them. This is call fishing. You will have one or two idiots fall prey. This is call law of averages and the cycle continues

Bamster78

Reaction score
The thing is. I dont owe a single thing.
I just dont want to take up any loan.

If the UML is very determined to come harrass, they will come within 1-2 weeks from date of verbal diarrhea.

Not the ai lai mai lai type. Its either they got difficulties finding runner, or they just keep trying their luck by sending love letters etc

MrAppleCrumble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true. There was this regular and "steady" AL who called one day asking if have another phone number or got request for loan that day. Explain that someone reuqested for loan and provided the same nric. Since is an existing debtor, he called to confirm if indeed is the same person. Turn out someone using the nric and going around asking for loans.

But no singpass how to get loans

MrAppleCrumble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WA like this is damn scary. Jitao maid come here xa lml than after that just ciaos. She go back her country Liao but the moneylender just keep come to Ur address.. but the lml also smart they will lend to maids whose work permit is at hdb, if condos won't lend de.. cause they know that the owners sure pay de cause scared of being xiasway..

Bro Ur maid borrow how much?

ppclip

Reaction score
WA like this is damn scary. Jitao maid come here xa lml than after that just ciaos. She go back her country Liao but the moneylender just keep come to Ur address.. but the lml also smart they will lend to maids whose work permit is at hdb, if condos won't lend de.. cause they know that the owners sure pay de cause scared of being xiasway..

Bro Ur maid borrow how much?

total amount from UML and LM is around 5k. Though the amount borrowed individually is small but cause she went to borrow from so many, the total is huge. The case about helpers borrowing money has been publicised in newspaper and also a Local documentary. The police and hdb told me there are so many cases of helpers borrowing money.

I went to watch the documentary and the lawyer inside said owners are not liable to pay LM if the helpers borrow. The lady inside who kena seek help from the Registry of moneylenders to call LM and tell them helper balek and then case closed. I will call later also. Now only have to lie low to the UML one.

Last edited:

ppclip

Reaction score
Okay. I really don't care about the back story. Like I said, this is not what we're here to discuss.

Now you just go negotiate with the licenced money lender first. As for the ah long, DON'T FUND CRIMINALS.

All the best.

Yah the UML one we are not paying. Can only pray everyday.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
I thought need to buy insurance guarantor $5000 if a maid runaway.

A quick update...the painter was arrested ytd.hahaha my abang IO informed me yesterday....now 2runner come 2 arrested well done home team!!maybe I shld put put a note on my door..let those potential runner see..hahaha

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
A quick update...the painter was arrested ytd.hahaha my abang IO informed me yesterday....now 2runner come 2 arrested well done home team!!maybe I shld put put a note on my door..let those potential runner see..hahaha

Tats good news.. What time did the painter came to ur house? He wasnt aware of ur cctv?

Adt007

Reaction score
Not necessary. Mine didn't ask for any. Just ic & bank account will do.

Normally belongs to the same syndicate.

Tell tale sign :

No proper verification
Approval within 30 mins
Money in before 60 mins

Super fast and easy you will be left stunned !!

Adt007

Reaction score
I think we (experienced debtors) can setup a paint removal company.

Our motto will be "We clean up the mess for you !"

Manpower :

1 or 2 man team (2-3 hours job)

Equipments :

Scrappers
Thinner
Clothes
White paint
Door colour paint (Optional)

Last edited:

waunderwall

Reaction score
Just gonna wait for the old bank account to be closed. Removed all GIRO and associated payment links to it.

fairre

Reaction score

The Ah Long must be very worry...

:s13::s13::s13::s13::s13::s13::s13::s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.