Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Seems like more n more are falling into their scams.. I believe there are more out there who are still paying these AL bcos they are afraid of harrassment and worry for their family safety. Its true that this scam thingy is very difficult to put a stop.. But maybe we should help create more awareness n help out those fallen victims like us.

Domino1904

Reaction score
Seems like more n more are falling into their scams.. I believe there are more out there who are still paying these AL bcos they are afraid of harrassment and worry for their family safety. Its true that this scam thingy is very difficult to put a stop.. But maybe we should help create more awareness n help out those fallen victims like us.

I couldn't agree more with what you said.

I think we all know how each one of us must have felt during those tormenting periods.

There must be a lot more ppl out there with situations that may be far more complicated than ours.

I came across an article that an elderly man almost set himself on fire due to issues similar to ours...
Which is very saddening.

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with what you said.

I think we all know how each one of us must have felt during those tormenting periods.

There must be a lot more ppl out there with situations that may be far more complicated than ours.

I came across an article that an elderly man almost set himself on fire due to issues similar to ours...
Which is very saddening.

Ohh man.. Maybe doesnt have anyone to turn to for help. Or he ran out of options. Very sad indeed.

Sharuu

Reaction score
He will not show up.
He is more scared than you.
He worry CCTV got record his face.

First of all, it won't be his face. It will be another debtor's, as is always the case.

Secondly, of course he won't show up himself, but now that you've effectively gone on and annoyed him, he might take it personally and inconvenience you in all sorts of ways. It feels good now because you stuck it to your ah long, but there's a reason police tell you not to contact them. So you don't aggravate the situation. Just ignore and don't say anything when they try to get in touch.

Domino1904

Reaction score
First of all, it won't be his face. It will be another debtor's, as is always the case.

Secondly, of course he won't show up himself, but now that you've effectively gone on and annoyed him, he might take it personally and inconvenience you in all sorts of ways. It feels good now because you stuck it to your ah long, but there's a reason police tell you not to contact them. So you don't aggravate the situation. Just ignore and don't say anything when they try to get in touch.

TBH, it does doesn't really feel good coz i didn't stick it in his face. I was rather quiet and monotonous.
In fact it is bugging me what he'd do next and when will this stop.

I did figure out that it would be another debtor who would probably do his dirty work for him and i was just wondering what am i to do if i do come in contact with tht person?

Also, with the way my flat is situated, my unit is actually the last second unit in a stretch of 5 units. That means that he / she has to be really quick or may be spotted or trapped if someone comes out of the lift or stairs while he performs his handiwork. Tht is somewhat comforting though.

I would be happy if he wud just stop calling / texting for good and leave this be. Rather than push this further and risk losing more in the end.

lesnar88

Reaction score
He didnt say anything.
He just hung up.

Tried calling once again. But i didnt pick up.

Then now silent.

Dunno what he scheming up to now.

He called again from the first call, its because he needs to take a break to come up with another idea, or he go check with his superior on how to deal with you.

Just don't be guailan/xialan to him. Right now you're his prime target.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score

Last time got prostitute wechat scam, kidnap kid scam, police scam and now Ah Long scam.
This ah long scam, they really put in some effort and capital.

ahlongmain.jpg

bank1.jpg

bank2.jpg

bank3.jpg

bank4.jpg

bank5.jpg

bank6.jpg

bank7.jpg

lesnar88

Reaction score
TBH, it does doesn't really feel good coz i didn't stick it in his face. I was rather quiet and monotonous.
In fact it is bugging me what he'd do next and when will this stop.

I did figure out that it would be another debtor who would probably do his dirty work for him and i was just wondering what am i to do if i do come in contact with tht person?

Also, with the way my flat is situated, my unit is actually the last second unit in a stretch of 5 units. That means that he / she has to be really quick or may be spotted or trapped if someone comes out of the lift or stairs while he performs his handiwork. Tht is somewhat comforting though.

I would be happy if he wud just stop calling / texting for good and leave this be. Rather than push this further and risk losing more in the end.

If the AL is very determined to come harrass you, within 1-2 weeks from verbal diarrhea sure have something one. If still ai lai mai lai means he got difficulties finding runner to splash you.

If not he will keep sending non physical threats e.g. missed calls, SMS, love letters to your post, Mcdelivery.. just to keep pushing his luck.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
If the AL is very determined to come harrass you, within 1-2 weeks from verbal diarrhea sure have something one. If still ai lai mai lai means he got difficulties finding runner to splash you.

If not he will keep sending non physical threats e.g. missed calls, SMS, love letters to your post, Mcdelivery.. just to keep pushing his luck.

My ah long took action after 2mths of love letter

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score

Loan Shark got problem to get willing runner after the revised law, they resort to naive young boy. $200 is not worth to go jail and cane.

15-year-old teen arrested for alleged loanshark harassment

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment could be jailed for up to five years, fined a minimum of $5,000 and up to $50,000, and caned between three and six strokes.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...een-arrested-for-alleged-loanshark-harassment

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment could be jailed for up to five years, fined a minimum of $5,000 and up to $50,000, and caned between three and six strokes.

Sharuu

Reaction score
He called again from the first call, its because he needs to take a break to come up with another idea, or he go check with his superior on how to deal with you.

Just don't be guailan/xialan to him. Right now you're his prime target.

Or maybe he was just on the toilet and wanted to call his mother but accidentally redialled. You know what I mean? These things are very arbitrary.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
U tell him come lim Chu Kang cemetery meet u.we ambush him

Better dial 999.
Let the police do their job.
Under the new revised law they got more to lose for earning $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.