Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

khunjuno

Reaction score
My friend keep panicking saying he scared they go find him at home or work. I should recommend him come here read all the posts. Haha

Sent from Sometimes A.K.A Jimmy using GAGT

Paying them will just make it worse. They’ll latch on harder to good paying customers because they know he’ll be scared and keep on paying. Make sense? Ask him to reach from page 1 of this thread, he’ll have a clearer idea of what will happen eventually so he can prepare himself mentally for what’s going to happen.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to tell my friend not to pay them a single cent since they will keep coming back for more?

No need to pay a cent to illegal money lender. Just call 999 if the guy dare to show up. He got more to lose.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment could be jailed for up to five years, fined a minimum of $5,000 and up to $50,000, and caned between three and six strokes.

Jamie aka Ashley Ng

Reaction score
I wish someone could talk to him though. I talked until I am out of breath already. He still wanted to borrow to pay off.

Any kind soul here willing to talk to him?
No need to pay a cent to illegal money lender. Just call 999 if the guy dare to show up. He got more to lose.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment could be jailed for up to five years, fined a minimum of $5,000 and up to $50,000, and caned between three and six strokes.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
I wish someone could talk to him though. I talked until I am out of breath already. He still wanted to borrow to pay off.

Any kind soul here willing to talk to him?

Ask your friend come to this forum.
We are all experts. :D

MrAppleCrumble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never ever pay all these blood sucking AL. They all only dare to telephone warrior nia. Ask them all go Hong Kan la. Nowadays where to find commando do house. Siao pay commando $200 if kena caught by police got caning who dare to do. Lol.

Without commandos doing all the spray paint and stuffs the along are as good as telephone warriors. Toothless tigers.

Jamie aka Ashley Ng

Reaction score
I totally agreed. I told him don't pay. Heck care. Just come clean with his work and family.

He told me up to date he paid more than 10k to them and still haven't even clear. But I suspected he might borrow another to cover another. Snowballed til so jiaklat.

If pay up to what he borrowed then can don't care. Right?

But he is not thinking straight now. And I am pregnant. I can't help him much also.
Never ever pay all these blood sucking AL. They all only dare to telephone warrior nia. Ask them all go Hong Kan la. Nowadays where to find commando do house. Siao pay commando $200 if kena caught by police got caning who dare to do. Lol.

Without commandos doing all the spray paint and stuffs the along are as good as telephone warriors. Toothless tigers.

khunjuno

Reaction score
I totally agreed. I told him don't pay. Heck care. Just come clean with his work and family.

He told me up to date he paid more than 10k to them and still haven't even clear. But I suspected he might borrow another to cover another. Snowballed til so jiaklat.

If pay up to what he borrowed then can don't care. Right?

But he is not thinking straight now. And I am pregnant. I can't help him much also.

Borrow one to cover another (especially cover just the defer fees) is the fastest way to snowball AL debt.

If pay up to what he borrowed they'll still harass him lah. Don't pay harass, pay also harass. So pay for what? Tell him to stop the ROOT problem (gambling, KTV, overspending) then slowly work a way out of his legal debts (if any). Illegals debts just have to endure the harassment. It'll die off eventually.

Star69

Reaction score

My this AL roti prata . Say approved 3000 clear 3500 at one month .But when he transfer 1200 to my account .Den say after 3 days clear 1600 . Defer 400 . How do pay ? Should I pay ??? Or just report police ???

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
My this AL roti prata . Say approved 3000 clear 3500 at one month .But when he transfer 1200 to my account .Den say after 3 days clear 1600 . Defer 400 . How do pay ? Should I pay ??? Or just report police ???

Take the money and say bye bye to the al

Star69

Reaction score
U Al issit ask so much for what..

Today got 1 unknown number call me . Ask me want take loan ? I say no . Then after few hour . They Call me I no answer . Den they WhatsApp me say I want scam them. Den I just block them .Never reply . After that they use another number sent me my ic front and back for me

Sharuu

Reaction score
Today got 1 unknown number call me . Ask me want take loan ? I say no . Then after few hour . They Call me I no answer . Den they WhatsApp me say I want scam them. Den I just block them .Never reply . After that they use another number sent me my ic front and back for me

Of course you'd want to scam them before they scam you. It's called self preservation.

If you make any sort of transfer to him, you're just as culpable, so just take the money, report police, close your account and ignore them.

STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS

Sharuu

Reaction score
They transfer 1200 to my account. If dun pay they will come my house ? Tml report police . Police will ask me y u borrow from AL ? Police will arrest me ???

They're more likely to arrest you if you transfer because if someone else reports you, you fall into the network of their investigations. So stop shitting yourself, quickly make report and close your bank account.

MrAppleCrumble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I mean it's up to individual preference. But I would suggest you tell the AL you don't want to loan. Report to police. See what the io suggest. Follow what the io say. In case u xfer and is accomplice.

khunjuno

Reaction score
They transfer 1200 to my account. If dun pay they will come my house ? Tml report police . Police will ask me y u borrow from AL ? Police will arrest me ???

Police won’t arrest you if you borrow from AL lah. But police confirm plus chop will arrest if you work for AL.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
If hoot those runner, can claim self defence anot?

Those runner only took $200. They maybe like you are one of the debtor. The runner maybe never think properly after so many harassments. Take $200 to risk so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.