Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

derektoh

Reaction score
today both of my uml texted me for payment liao. i decided not to pay after reading through everything. 1 AL got 1k of loan, another 600. Hopefully they wont spam call me that much

sibei stress. so many calls and whatsapp.

How long it will last ah?

derektoh

Reaction score
yup make already. but the report is to another UML which try to scam me.

This 2 i really owe them

cw3007

Reaction score
yup make already. but the report is to another UML which try to scam me.

This 2 i really owe them

Change yr number. The more u answer their call or read their message they will tell other UML to disturb you becos they know u pick up their call. So best change number. Even after many years you will still get sms and watapps message to all their previous clients in one chat grp and scolding people to pay.

khunjuno

Reaction score
sibei stress. so many calls and whatsapp.

How long it will last ah?

The first week will be tough on you, your NOK and possibly your company. Just keep everyone informed and tell them to update you on the situation that they're facing. If it's the barrage of calls from AL, tell them to block all numbers on WhatsApp and on their phone. On your side, do the same, or better still, change your phone number.

Since you have already reported to police, make sure to install a CCTV outside your home as well. After that, hunker down and prepare for the love letters, locked doors, splash paint and set fire. May or may not happen, but just be prepared in case.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 lml called me sounded really pissed off. Saying already gave me 3 days but still no payment. Told him i have financial problem he dont care. Asked me to borrow from family or friends if by today 5pm never pay he said i talked to the collector he dont want to talk to me. Last night i went to silver lining the counsellor must wait for a week for them to review my case.

Have you went for the 2nd "interview"? Meanwhile, tell the lml that you really cant afford to pay and have seek silver lining help. They would heard of silver lining before cos they have helped many ppl nego previously. Might give a bit of leeway but be prepare for the collectors to visit you. Impt thing is, when the lml call, pick up, explain, apologise and ask for more time while they nego the repayment amt for you. Avoiding their call will only make things worse.

Aphazel

Reaction score
Have you went for the 2nd "interview"? Meanwhile, tell the lml that you really cant afford to pay and have seek silver lining help. They would heard of silver lining before cos they have helped many ppl nego previously. Might give a bit of leeway but be prepare for the collectors to visit you. Impt thing is, when the lml call, pick up, explain, apologise and ask for more time while they nego the repayment amt for you. Avoiding their call will only make things worse.

2nd interview not yet.
I already apply for debt repayment scheme will be taking oath nxt tuesday. So my agent said if i have the cash try to pay them for 1 month. Cause the 2nd month once my online submission received by the O.A they cant disturb me anymore. He also said if i dont want to pay its up to me but have to endure the debt collectors coming to my place.

Aphazel

Reaction score
The first week will be tough on you, your NOK and possibly your company. Just keep everyone informed and tell them to update you on the situation that they're facing. If it's the barrage of calls from AL, tell them to block all numbers on WhatsApp and on their phone. On your side, do the same, or better still, change your phone number.

Since you have already reported to police, make sure to install a CCTV outside your home as well. After that, hunker down and prepare for the love letters, locked doors, splash paint and set fire. May or may not happen, but just be prepared in case.

There is 1 case an employee in sgh had AL issue. The damn ah long so high tech they engaged hackers to hacked sgh systems and send email from Director down to employee stating that particular person O$P$ till that person was sacked. Really jialak those AL.

cw3007

Reaction score
2nd interview not yet.
I already apply for debt repayment scheme will be taking oath nxt tuesday. So my agent said if i have the cash try to pay them for 1 month. Cause the 2nd month once my online submission received by the O.A they cant disturb me anymore. He also said if i dont want to pay its up to me but have to endure the debt collectors coming to my place.

What is percentage of the outstanding debt u have to pay under DRS? 40% ?

Aphazel

Reaction score
What is percentage of the outstanding debt u have to pay under DRS? 40% ?

DRS is based by total amount of debt divided by 57months. No interest. The agency will help to get lower monthly repayment based on my monthly expenditures.

Eq total debt $35000 ÷ 57mths = $618 monthly payment.

Last edited:

Ray1969

Reaction score
DRS is based by total amount of debt divided by 57months. No interest. The agency will help to get lower monthly repayment based on my monthly expenditures.

Does the agency charge you a fee?

Ray1969

Reaction score
There is 1 case an employee in sgh had AL issue. The damn ah long so high tech they engaged hackers to hacked sgh systems and send email from Director down to employee stating that particular person O$P$ till that person was sacked. Really jialak those AL.

Some time losing a job is better than harassing and suck dry by AL. Afterall, all monthly salary also not enough to service ah long payment, must as well lose the current job, start from 0 base, look for another job, and get to keep 100% salary.Even if it is a lower salary, its better than present negative income.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd interview not yet.

2nd interview not means still a few weeks before they can confirm anything. But since you already on drs, then just go with it. As for the debt collectors coming to your place, no choice, just bear with it

cw3007

Reaction score

Ok so is 100% without interest but not Bankruptcy status. Better than DMP with 5% interest per year.

cw3007

Reaction score
2nd interview not yet.

After oath taking, when will be yr court hearing? One month later or 1 week later?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Some time losing a job is better than harassing and suck dry by AL. Afterall, all monthly salary also not enough to service ah long payment, must as well lose the current job, start from 0 base, look for another job, and get to keep 100% salary.Even if it is a lower salary, its better than present negative income.

I agree that what I did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.