Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wow , LML just called to asked for the balance .. same thing told them can't find the money and ask if they could push it till end of month and was told it's only 150 and they can't push it till then .. still telling them I have no ways to get the money and they insisted I find the money as it's only 150 and they hung up on me lol

Fear Less

Reaction score
I setup this thread regarding Loanshark harassment. I, myself is not a debtor however to be frank someone in my family does.

I hope to gather more users and people to voice out. The Police are doing a lot to curb this problem. However we must face the fact that this problem had been there for decades. Have faith and trust in our system. It is very hard to eliminate the network, nevertheless if every citizen does their part in cooperating; it is must easier to get to the network.

This is how you can help. If any of your family members owe loan shark money, tell them not to pay up a single cent. Tell them to call the Police Hotline number 1800 225 0000 to transfer you to the relevant department. In which there is a specific department in the West that handle Loan Shark Cases.

In the event that you are the debtor, please refrain from helping the loanshark or fall into their trap to help them in their illegal activities. They will ask you for personal details. E.g. Singpass, ATM card or even ask you to help them distribute brochures or transfer money.

Don’t fall prey to become a target by the loanshark syndicate. In the event that you can’t make payment they will ask you to work for them to pay off your debts. Don’t do it. Owing money doesn’t resort in a death penalty, jail sentence or caning. However if you are debtors turn assistors, the punishment is very severe. You, yourself will in turn from a victim become a criminal.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of carrying on the business as an unlicensed moneylender or assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined not less than $30,000 and not more $300,000, be imprisoned for a term not exceeding four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning not more than six strokes. First time offender found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term of up to 5 years, a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

You have heard of the saying, 明知道老虎会咬人,你还一直喂他,那就是自寻死路。
If you are a debtor, please don’t blame yourself for what happen. If you are not desperate, you won’t be borrowing from them. Seek your family understanding. Sometime you would feel helpless, you are loss, you always trying to source money to meet payment, the pain and psychological torture is unbearable. But please face the fact; this is never the end of life.

Don’t pay them; it is not against the law not to pay them. They will threaten to report on you and use a lot of threatening message to make you pay or work for them. But come to think of it, when did they show up to receive the payment in person. It is always through Bank Transfer. Ask yourself why.

Learn to understand the situation you are in, accept it. And be true to your family about the money lending matter. Call NPCG for counselling in the event that your family members don’t understand.

The methodology that they used is always to instill fear in their victims. And from the news you would know that many loan shark always are so notorious. But come to think of it, who are the one that are being used by them. Who are the one that are doing the dirty job? The debtors are always the one.
Ask yourself a question, why does the Police always so reactive towards the loan shark? It is because the loan sharks are always under the veil. They used the debtors as smoke screen.

What will happen in the event you don’t pay up?
They will spray paint at your house, disturb your neighbor, disgrace you, humiliate you and shame you. These are the tactics that they used. So how bad can this be? Do you want your life back again? Or do you want to live in a lifetime full of fear. I will be very honest with you. My father had been feeding the tiger for years and finally now, he decide to heel the Police advice and stop paying and cooperate with them.

You are not the only one suffering if you continue to pay. Think about your family for the long term. Do you want them to suffer with you for 10 year, 20 years, worrying about money? Think about it. Do you want to be partner in crime? Or do you want a lifelong happiness with your family. If you really care for your family members, you should know the right thing to do. If you are scares you can always post on the forum or talk to someone regarding the case.

I believe if we unite as one, we can accomplish more. If you are young, bold, adventurous, please feel free to voice out. We can always spend some time to help one another. We can help family by family if we have more manpower. The debtors need people to talk to. The family members need assurance and comfort. We don’t blame other for not helping us, if we are not helping ourselves. We don’t need to resort to violence; we want to build a peaceful community for everyone to live in.

And again, I need more people and more support to discuss matter and also plan to help other out.

Thank you for your time in reading this.[/QUOTE

Their modus operandi is to torture you after getting hold of your balls. Do not fear , as fear is what they hold you ransom.

I also kena scammed, for 400 fxxking dollars.
So for those who criticised , you are making a blanket comments which are rude. Offer help instead.
Thanks to those like sharu, jilin, jamie and many here. Salute.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Thanks to sharu, jilin , jamie and many others here for the great advice.
Those who run others down for the loan may not know how we got scammed.

They are at upper hand after having your personal details , nok , office . Their modus operandi is to torture you into giving( endlessly).

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Nah. It’s good to let those who are lost and stressed over UML to know that one mistake does not define their future. They still can move on and out of the hellhole.

Ah Long fierce no use. Still scared of police and getting caught.

Debtors are not cowards. Ah Long are. They hide behind a phone and sent their minions to do their dirty work. They themselves are the true cowards by thinking they fled the country and can escape jail term.

That’s right. This is Ah Long. Forever on the run. Forever escaping.

Thanks to sharu, jilin , jamie and many others here for the great advice.
Those who run others down for the loan may not know how we got scammed.

They are at upper hand after having your personal details , nok , office . Their modus operandi is to torture you into giving( endlessly).

Plzhalp

Reaction score
You totally missed my point. What i was saying is: not to be offensive by calling people "Chao ah gua like Mat633" when someone was also trying to help. You can advise Mat633 to post link instead of phone number, but not be so arrogant and insulting. Support with your eye open! Plzhalp!

I not supporting anyone... I just agree or disagree.... Ok bro we understand le... Thanks...

chulu2810

Reaction score
Got this from IPTO

Debt collection agencies are currently not licensed or regulated by any government agency in Singapore. Approaching a debtor at his place of residence or employment to collect debts, whilst potentially embarrassing, does not constitute an offence. Nonetheless, actions taken by debt collectors cannot contravene the general criminal laws such as the Penal Code, Protection from Harassment Act and Vandalism Act which come under the purview of the Singapore Police Force

If you deem that the company has contravened the criminal law, we advise you to lodge a police report at the Electronic Police Centre (http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/index.html ) via the internet or any nearest Neighbourhood Police Centres (open 24 hours) or Neighbourhood Police Posts (opening hours are from 12.00pm to 10.00pm). On receiving the report, the police will advise you on the next course of action and if the report reveals the commission of a criminal offence, the police will investigate the matter.

Sianz half......
They didn't reply my question as r they allow to stick letter demand.
U understand from a law firm staff as they need to apply from court to stick these.

Anyway touch base with that collector n happen to be engage by my business supplier.

Anyone kanna licensed collector stick poster on yr main door? They even didn't try to contact n come up straight stick cause no one at home...
"Smile.... u r on cctv"

Worried90

Reaction score
WA....social medial or something is it...? Ask ur colleague help say u terminated/resign le

Unlikely, I dun post where I work in social media. Next week start, they will say I left. Anyway my bosses n colleagues r supportive, told me dun worry, they will settle e calls for me in near future.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s good news. At least they are understanding. And able to help you. Now you can concentrate on your work better.

Unlikely, I dun post where I work in social media. Next week start, they will say I left. Anyway my bosses n colleagues r supportive, told me dun worry, they will settle e calls for me in near future.

Worried90

Reaction score
That’s good news. At least they are understanding. And able to help you. Now you can concentrate on your work better.

They r there to stand by me when I'm at my lowest point. My boss even arrange talk to both of us and direct us what to do.

I'm lucky in this aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.