Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
AL and their minions won’t come in the day. They are all sneaky bastàrds who will come at night. Go and read all the advices here. If they dare send runners up, you just call police.
Not really some will do it in late afternoon or late morning..u NVR know one la..

rigrig

Reaction score
Wow. So how yr side disturbance? My side tone down n recent only a "scam like case" call to my nok.
Concern they conserve energy to do big 1 at coming cny.

if they conserve till cny do big 1 to all of us here they also need to spend quite alot. cny lose more money for them

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
So u mean even they catch the debt collector then they will still ask another one to come n harrass me ? Hais ... he ask me pay total $2200 just bcos he paid for the men to come my house . I apps him say why now u find me , u shud find me long time ago , now u no fish then u find me . Then he start w his vulgar , he say i give u what u want then just runaway ? Of cos u nid pay more . I say for what . U ownself ask him come down . 🙄
Standard one la.cos u NVR pay ma.they need to find runner of coz they will charge u for it.u took 1.5k loan and u pay only 330,??

rigrig

Reaction score
Yes , will be gg town council then buy cctv . Yes i will change my number . But still to wait a couple of days cos they wont soo fast change number . (M1) . So later he call n text me i just ignore n dont reply at all ?

have to just stop all communication with them ignore everything best change all numbers they know so less stress to see they threatening msg. close all your social media too. if u made police report just install cctv first also can. as long as your neighbors don't complain town council also won't care. till now my town council also never reply me on the approval but my IO say just install never mind 1

AISTERU

Reaction score
have to just stop all communication with them ignore everything best change all numbers they know so less stress to see they threatening msg. close all your social media too. if u made police report just install cctv first also can. as long as your neighbors don't complain town council also won't care. till now my town council also never reply me on the approval but my IO say just install never mind 1
How about the bank account? need to close the account

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Oops. My bad. But don’t need to be afraid of them. Just need to put a stop on their money supply. How many runners can they afford to keep paying? Hang In there and don’t give in to their threats.

Yes i know , thats y i found this forum and decided to get advices . Im a female btw . 😒

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Ya cos that time i hvent get pay and i only hv $330 so he ask me to pay defer only

Wah..then u better pray they small time ah long..for my case is different .I paid more than what they have loan out so to them they NVR lose much money...

lonewolf909

Reaction score
Wah..then u better pray they small time ah long..for my case is different .I paid more than what they have loan out so to them they NVR lose much money...

Big time Ah long don't transfer you 1000 even lol Big time ah long are smarter and don't wish to be caught and loan big ones to business and kakis. They may however invest in this WhatsApp calls etc ah long and only interested in returns that's all . The ones who kena fire etc all big amount from debtors they know can squeeze and have small business etc and owe them at least several or ten grand and above . They are not so stupid to invest so much plus there's clown who has their own group in telegram that took from LS AL and don't pay , so I'm pretty sure future AL will be more stringent given the fact there's a small movement sabotaging them and don't give a flying fkcc. Owe money pay money no issue but these loan sharks criminals deserves it for hounding and hurting mother's elderly parents etc

lonewolf909

Reaction score

It all depends also sometimes people take and they know the fella die die won't pay they don't bother and blacklist . But if you're the king of defer they will hunt you for some possibilities of squeezing people since defer people can come out with money . The best is to block them ignore report police install CCTV and don't repeat our mistakes and let the police do their job and we cooperate

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
What shud i do , i think later he will apps me and ask how is the payment , i know i cant show him that im scared cos the more i feel that way the more he clap his hands cos he know i can b eaten easily . Cos my sis’s bf is a police officer . She already tell him , so i shud tell my sis to change number right ?

Yes. Please go report. Also change both numbers, but before change extract your whatsapp and text out and show to SPF. If your sister bf is police, he should be able to advise you better too.

Nnnlynh

Reaction score
Any harassment done?

The runner come my house and ask my sis all my details . So my sis got scared he ask for her contact and mine . Then yesterday he spam call me n my sis ask for the payment . My dad only call the runner , then he say they are ahlong then my dad say whre is yr boss then he say idk is my boss sent me yr details

Nnnlynh

Reaction score
Yes. Please go report. Also change both numbers, but before change extract your whatsapp and text out and show to SPF. If your sister bf is police, he should be able to advise you better too.

Yes , he advise me the same thing too . Right now th al text me ‘today clear or what’

Nnnlynh

Reaction score

So now they already sent runner come my house so will they do anything else ?

Nnnlynh

Reaction score

So shud i just install the cctv since u say they hvent get back with you . (The town council)

lonewolf909

Reaction score
Stop paying! Have you spoken to your neighbours? What did the note say? If anything, they would be the best people to chat to about suspicious characters.

Also, I recently went to a Town Council meeting even though my ah longs haven't done anything to me yet (touch wood). I was told there are around 50k debtors in Singapore and thousands of unlicensed money lenders. Statistically, that's about 50 debtors to one UML, so that should give you an idea of the debtor turnover rate. I gathered that the possibility of them terrorizing a debtor has a lot to do with amount owed, and the debtor's likelihood of borrowing again. Because it means that the debtor has cash flow/gambling problem. Otherwise, their attacks appear to be arbitrary in nature. So IN THEORY, without doing anything illegal, people can actually borrow a reasonable sum of money (between 2-4k) with absolutely no recourse to the UML if it is defaulted. And it won't make economical sense for the UML to spend money to harass you if you defaulted on a loan of that amount. IN THEORY, if more people borrowed that amount of money from UMLs and defaulted, we could actually take down that arm of their network. Because life is a Die Hard franchise...

Having said that, I just installed a camera outside my house. You want contact details?

P.S. Obviously, I'm not encouraging people to involve themselves with UML. I like to think people who come to this website are capable of high level thinking even if we were silly enough to borrow from loansharks.

I hope this will shed more light and as I said if you owed below 4k it's a 50-50 chance or none IF they suspect you won't be needing them or find other AL . They are greedy people they want easy big money fast and won't pay runners or use them unnecessarily but don't take chances it can still happened but mostly online harrasment ..So make a police report ,police will handle your case and will tell you change number better, install CCTV if needed and inform Nok , your boss and neighbours and don't repeat mistakes and go re start your life again . To those who hasn't read that yet

Last edited:

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
So now they already sent runner come my house so will they do anything else ?

Please understand, those going up to your house is debtor become runner. They won't outlive you since their face is all captured on the POL camera by Police.

If you think they will get the runner to do harm to your family member, think again. They just do what they are instructed. They won't do stupid things except burn gate or splash paint.

With the cctv, the runner also don't dare come up again or do anything silly because once they splash paint or burn gate, police will step up and nab the person who did that. So please get your cctv up and running asap.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Big time Ah long don't transfer you 1000 even lol Big time ah long are smarter and don't wish to be caught and loan big ones to business and kakis. They may however invest in this WhatsApp calls etc ah long and only interested in returns that's all . The ones who kena fire etc all big amount from debtors they know can squeeze and have small business etc and owe them at least several or ten grand and above . They are not so stupid to invest so much plus there's clown who has their own group in telegram that took from LS AL and don't pay , so I'm pretty sure future AL will be more stringent given the fact there's a small movement sabotaging them and don't give a flying fkcc. Owe money pay money no issue but these loan sharks criminals deserves it for hounding and hurting mother's elderly parents etc

Not really I know some ah long will set fire for loan of 1k...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.