Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

larryford

Reaction score
Dear Bros And Sis,

I would like to my account of my encounter with UML.

Somewhere about 2 weeks back, I got a text from a unknown number,offering a loan package. As I was in need of cash,I took up a 1k loan from this AL, and the arrangement was to settle it at 1.3k the following week.

5 days into the loan, the AL text me and asked for payment. As I do not wish for the matter to be blown out of proportion, I decided to settle the loan with him. To cut a long story short, I settled the amount of 1.3k with him. However a few days later, this MF claimed I ran away with his money, and he did not receive a single cent.As I see no point in reasoning with him, I blocked him on whatsapp and **** care him.And he began to harass my family, as well as my work place. He started off by ordering fast food in my name, and sent them to my home and office. Afterwhich, he called up my office and told my office I cheated his money and demanded that my office get me to contact him ASAP, else he will continue with the harassment. Eventually, things got out of hand and my HR got to learn of this, and I am facing the prospect of losing my job. I filed a Police report on this, but the constant harassment did not stop there.

Fearing for the safety of my family, I installed a CCTV outside my unit, and this scumbag actually sent people to loiter outside my unit. Just yesterday,I spotted a dubious fella loitering outside my unit at around 11pm,and i immediately called the Police. Police came within 5 mins, and I believe the dubious fella was caught and brought back for investigation. This was not this end. Shortly after,my cctv caught another fella loitering outside my unit, as if to do some recce.However,Police was unable to nab any one this time round. All these happened despite me settling my debts promptly.

Anyone had similar encounter? Please share and advise

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
@larryford

This is their tactic. For now, do deactivate all your social media accounts to prevent them from saving your personal photos. And also just don’t give in to their threats. They can’t force you to pay any more than you should. They will give you all sorts of excuses. Claiming not to receive your money and all. You don’t need to entertain them. Now, you just need to try and find another job and also change your mobile number and also close your bank account and open another one. Any transaction from your bank will considered as illegal moneylending activities even if you try to transfer them money back for repayment.

And most importantly, now you need to calm your mind and thoughts. You will need the mental strength to fight them.

larryford

Reaction score
@Jimmy

Hi bro, thanks for your reply.

The fact about losing the job is really depressing,but i guess i am mentally prepared. I am just very lost,but thankful that my family is behind me thru this ordeal despite the harassment. I do admit that this will be a tough period. That MF is relentlessly still harassing my office, to the extent my mgmt had also filed for a police report.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
I think with your family’s support, that’s all you needed. Yes. I understand jeopardising your job can be depressing. But think about which is worse. You keep paying them non stop til you dry up or start somewhere new.

Hang in there and try to find some other jobs.

@Jimmy

The fact about losing the job is really depressing,but i guess i am mentally prepared. I am just very lost,but thankful that my family is behind me thru this ordeal despite the harassment. I do admit that this will be a tough period. That MF is relentlessly still harassing my office, to the extent my mgmt had also filed for a police report.

larryford

Reaction score
@JamieJimmyNg

Thanks for your word of advice.

Am trying to get over this mental hurdle.Am staying up everynite to ensure they dun kacau.Am sure tonight they will do smth again. I already prepare bamboo pole and eggs.Ready to beat the living crap out of that MF if he dare to come spray paint or put fire

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
How many days since the harassment?

@JamieJimmyNg

Thanks for your word of advice.

Am trying to get over this mental hurdle.Am staying up everynite to ensure they dun kacau.Am sure tonight they will do smth again. I already prepare bamboo pole and eggs.Ready to beat the living crap out of that MF if he dare to come spray paint or put fire

larryford

Reaction score
Its on and off..apparently he seems very free...everyday will keep calling my phone and my office.

Zane601000

Reaction score
Guys, i have been in much worst situation than all of you here as i have past issues with both legal ML/loan sharks.
As i am a pretty high earner previously, i have several regular Ml/LS that loan me in excess of 100K.

Of course, this comes with a hefty price because no one can go on paying and paying interest without being squeezed dry one day.
They have sucked at least 400k from me in the past.
Pay/reloan/repeat.

I can say that i went through hell and back and i am still standing today but lost everything in the process including my family/wife/job/home etc.
Everything has a price and i paid heavily.

Bottom line is -
1)Do not fear the loan sharks. Just paper tigers. Scream shout threaten but no major harm. They may splash once or twice but that's it.
2)ML must pay or declare bankrupt. They are negotiable and please approach The Silver Lining for help and guidance.
3) Change your mobile number-
4) Camera works so do install.
5) Delete all social medias.
6) Police report to be made but do not expect miracles as they will just file it and keep the case monitored for few months and close case unless LS attacks your house with decorations.

Believe these guidelines are suggested many times but still many are scared to follow so here is my summary.

Take care and do not get involved with LS ever...

Lm can nego... But even you declare they will still want you to pay some money.. I owe 1 LM 4.7k..i paid about 3k+ I declared bankrupt since I want to go into Drs program . he didnt send collector.. The creditor himself come to my house talk nicely if I can settle another $400.. Anytime b4 I go into the program.. Guys talk to lml if you have they just want you to pay.. Debt collectors is usually their last resort they will SMS u 1st to discuss payment but if you ignore then lan2..now they more mellow license not ezy to renew too many complaints.. They would prefer you to sit n discuss with them on payment..

Zane601000

Reaction score
@Jimmy

Hi bro I oso lose my job to debt collectors not LS.. Stay strong bro you'll get through this.. Don't deprive your sleep due to these MF.. Bro n sis here have been very helpful with moral n mental support..

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
@Jimmy

The name of yr ah long is Kenny issit.that mother ****er tried to scam my cousin too.ccb I hope he suffer a horrible death.

CloudClau

Reaction score
As long as you genuinely didn't do it, nothing will happen. Just tell the truth, show the sms from uml regarding loan and payment instruction. Don't worry too much on this matter. After that, close the account and open new one, don't touch uml anymore, don't give uml your new bank account, just tell them account freeze by police, and block them subsequently.

Same thing happen to me but I never keep the SMS or whatapps after I reported to police also because of this my use got lock n deco. Please advise too, I have yet to go n see the io as I can't make it on the appt date

larryford

Reaction score
Actually not all are that nice.. I am applying for DRS also and I informed one the LMLs.However,one of them buay song, go and call my superior,expose all my debts details despite me not avoiding them.So its really case by case and how ** they want to be.

Lm can nego... But even you declare they will still want you to pay some money.. I owe 1 LM 4.7k..i paid about 3k+ I declared bankrupt since I want to go into Drs program . he didnt send collector.. The creditor himself come to my house talk nicely if I can settle another $400.. Anytime b4 I go into the program.. Guys talk to lml if you have they just want you to pay.. Debt collectors is usually their last resort they will SMS u 1st to discuss payment but if you ignore then lan2..now they more mellow license not ezy to renew too many complaints.. They would prefer you to sit n discuss with them on payment..

larryford

Reaction score
Hi bro, no..his name is not Kenny. anyway their name all fake one la..so far they onli play with my fear..by harassing my office and all that.

The name of yr ah
long is Kenny issit.that mother ****er tried to scam my cousin too.ccb I hope he suffer a horrible death.

Ray1969

Reaction score
Same thing happen to me but I never keep the SMS or whatapps after I reported to police also because of this my use got lock n deco. Please advise too, I have yet to go n see the io as I can't make it on the appt date

Don't worry too much even you are unable to show any sms records.
First of all, you have already made police report before.
Secondly, those who lend their bank account to uml, normally surrender their atm to the uml runner. But yours is still with you.
3rdly, those account will have more than 5 to 10 transaction in/out a day, and normally end the day with very minimum or $0 in the account. I presume yours is not the case.
4thly, there will a bigger sum into the account which is known as capital to start a day. Yours shouldn't have since you are just a borrower.
With all these points above, the police can't prove you have loan out your account or you are a runner.

Last but no least, don't miss your appointment. Make it a point to see your io before they send you a warrant.

Zane601000

Reaction score
Actually not all are that nice.. I am applying for DRS also and I informed one the LMLs.However,one of them buay song, go and call my superior,expose all my debts details despite me not avoiding them.So its really case by case and how ** they want to be.
Bro go n contact registry of moneylenders then complain.. I oso kena the same thing while waiting for OA to contact me.. Cause atleast it takes 3month..During that window these debt collectors will test their luck..

CloudClau

Reaction score
Don't worry too much even you are unable to show any sms records.
First of all, you have already made police report before.
Secondly, those who lend their bank account to uml, normally surrender their atm to the uml runner. But yours is still with you.
3rdly, those account will have more than 5 to 10 transaction in/out a day, and normally end the day with very minimum or $0 in the account. I presume yours is not the case.
4thly, there will a bigger sum into the account which is known as capital to start a day. Yours shouldn't have since you are just a borrower.
With all these points above, the police can't prove you have loan out your account or you are a runner.

Last but no least, don't miss your appointment. Make it a point to see your io before they send you a warrant.

Ya I aldy call my io I can't make it he told me he will call me back to arrange another date.

When going down to take statement only right will not be detained right

larryford

Reaction score
Bro,i went straight to MinLaw, and even cc the LML.

Bro go n contact registry of moneylenders then complain.. I oso kena the same thing while waiting for OA to contact me.. Cause atleast it takes 3month..During that window these debt collectors will test their luck..

BaconHam

Reaction score
Depends. I went down.. Was told to call a bailor. Be prep its gonna be a day event. They can detain up to 48 hrs if i am not wrong.

Jus cooperate with them.

Ya I aldy call my io I can't make it he told me he will call me back to arrange another date.

When going down to take statement only right will not be detained right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.