Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth-Bogey

Reaction score
No problem...ur case small issue..dun tink they will do much..

Hi Bro Larry & All The Friends here, I want to share a simple hack in whatsup to delete messages / pictures containing your personal information that you sent to UML / AL within 7 days. (Whatsup allowed to recall only 7 minutes) but this work even for 7 days after you sent the message(s). This will delete the messages & pictures from the recipient’s inbox and mobile device as well.

It will work on both android and ios.

1. Disable wifi and data plan on your smart phone
2. Change the date (ex. 5-7 days earlier) Say today is 01 Dec. Change the date of your mobile device to 25 November.
3. Go to your Whatsup and delete the message / pictures that you sent.
(highlight the message / picture you want to delete, select more info, select delete and choose Delete For Everyone)
4. Return back the date of your mobile device to current date.
5. Enable your wifi or data plan
6. Check again the message that you sent in whatsup and you will see - “You Deleted This Message”

The messages or pictures will be deleted from the recipients inbox / mobile device as well. For pictures, it will take few minutes to take effect but for message,it will be immediate. Hope this will help even a little.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dear all, I just created this account to share my story. I am a new victim of these LOAN SCAMS from just past week. Read through many of the messages here and am *SUPER ANGRY* at how so many have been cheated. For all the victims here, we must stand up and stamp out these scammers and crime.

So much harassment is made to the victims and stress created to them and family members, colleagues, workplace. Jobs lost, family lost, friends lost. THIS MUST STOP and victims must unite to make Singapore a safe place and reduce the number of victims to ZERO.

The 2 people I talked to are Chinese Malaysian.

My story:

I was promised a loan of 10k for 5 yrs and only need to pay $200 for 60 times. (LIE)

I was asked to send IC, income statement, next of kin contacts for loan approval (DONT EVER DO THIS) [others have been asked for SINGPASS, DON"T EVER DO THIS]

I was told the loan was all legal and can be done online (LIE)

I was told they will make a test transaction to me and I just need to transfer them back before they send me the actual loan amount (LIE)

I was told after the funds transfer to me, then they will send me the Terms and Conditions of the loan (LIE)

I was told that they have a legit company with legit license and got website (LIE) - I later checked and found they gave name of an "expired" company" not on approved LML list

After the test transaction amount transferred to me, they started to harass me for the money, saying I took the loan already and pressured me to transfer by a certain time, if not I will be in trouble. After that they harass 2 of my next of kin with threatening messages. You will get it from your next of kin.

*** Never even touch any of these people EVER, also stay away from LML if you can. *** These are not money lenders, they are LOAN SCAMMERS. ***

Spoke to Police, Spoke to Credit Association.

Advice given is:

1. File Report ASAP
2. Do not do any transactions
3. Close bank account ASAP
4. Change all phone numbers
5. Block all their numbers (spare yourself the harassment)
6. Brace yourself for any harassment online or offline
7. Call 999 immediately if there any suspicious people seen near your home or office
8. Lastly, DO NOT BE AFRAID. (You are not the first victim and will not be the last)

Victims who want to work together to fight this and to share info - PM me. Will pass on as much info so that they can work. This is our Singapore, let us make it SAFE.

If not, pass info to:

Members of the public are also advised not to work with or assist loan sharks in any way and to call the police at 999 or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect anyone of being involved in illegal loan-sharking activities.

Crime does NOT PAY. (Pls google these news, I can't post links as am too new)

Case 1: Police warn students against loan shark jobs as 109 people arrested in 3-day blitz
Case 2: 'Auntie' loan shark runner arrested by police

Case 3: 118 arrested for suspected loan shark activities after four-day police operation

First-time offenders found guilty of carrying out or assisting in unlicensed moneylending business may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and given up to six strokes of the cane.

Those found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting acts of harassment may get up to five years' jail, a fine between S$5,000 and S$50,000 and three to six strokes of the cane.

Anyone convicted of providing false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks may be jailed a maximum of 12 months and those guilty of failing to report a change of address may get a maximum S$5,000 fine, up to five years in jail or both.

Those found guilty of instigating a youth to assist in unlicensed moneylending business or carrying out harassment acts on behalf of loan sharks may be jailed up to nine years, fined between S$6,000 and S$300,000 and given a maximum of 12 strokes of the cane.

Fear Less

Reaction score
i admire your vast info posted in this thread.

your problem is only test fee bad enough to scam you and family. what about your office ? if not the scammer didnt do a good job. would be hell if you did furnish job details. family can be understanding , may not be so for your office.

in general, we have 2 groups of people here, one kena scam and the other run al be them uml or lml. scammers are not violent type except on phone and sort of nuisance.

many here are harrassed by al too. whether al or victims are gentlemen cases too difficult to understand. its the aftermath of damage done to us made us feel helpless and fearful. we have to encourage our victims bro and sis to get on with life. there is future ahead unless we are dead.
So FEAR LESS.

Dear all, I just created this account to share my story. I am a new victim of these LOAN SCAMS from just past week. Read through many of the messages here and am *SUPER ANGRY* at how so many have been cheated. For all the victims here, we must stand up and stamp out these scammers and crime.

So much harassment is made to the victims and stress created to them and family members, colleagues, workplace. Jobs lost, family lost, friends lost. THIS MUST STOP and victims must unite to make Singapore a safe place and reduce the number of victims to ZERO.

The 2 people I talked to are Chinese Malaysian.

My story:

I was promised a loan of 10k for 5 yrs and only need to pay $200 for 60 times. (LIE)

I was asked to send IC, income statement, next of kin contacts for loan approval (DONT EVER DO THIS) [others have been asked for SINGPASS, DON"T EVER DO THIS]

I was told the loan was all legal and can be done online (LIE)

I was told they will make a test transaction to me and I just need to transfer them back before they send me the actual loan amount (LIE)

I was told after the funds transfer to me, then they will send me the Terms and Conditions of the loan (LIE)

I was told that they have a legit company with legit license and got website (LIE) - I later checked and found they gave name of an "expired" company" not on approved LML list

After the test transaction amount transferred to me, they started to harass me for the money, saying I took the loan already and pressured me to transfer by a certain time, if not I will be in trouble. After that they harass 2 of my next of kin with threatening messages. You will get it from your next of kin.

*** Never even touch any of these people EVER, also stay away from LML if you can. *** These are not money lenders, they are LOAN SCAMMERS. ***

Spoke to Police, Spoke to Credit Association.

Advice given is:

1. File Report ASAP
2. Do not do any transactions
3. Close bank account ASAP
4. Change all phone numbers
5. Block all their numbers (spare yourself the harassment)
6. Brace yourself for any harassment online or offline
7. Call 999 immediately if there any suspicious people seen near your home or office
8. Lastly, DO NOT BE AFRAID. (You are not the first victim and will not be the last)

Victims who want to work together to fight this and to share info - PM me. Will pass on as much info so that they can work. This is our Singapore, let us make it SAFE.

If not, pass info to:

Members of the public are also advised not to work with or assist loan sharks in any way and to call the police at 999 or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect anyone of being involved in illegal loan-sharking activities.

Crime does NOT PAY. (Pls google these news, I can't post links as am too new)

Case 1: Police warn students against loan shark jobs as 109 people arrested in 3-day blitz
Case 2: 'Auntie' loan shark runner arrested by police

Case 3: 118 arrested for suspected loan shark activities after four-day police operation

First-time offenders found guilty of carrying out or assisting in unlicensed moneylending business may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and given up to six strokes of the cane.

Those found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting acts of harassment may get up to five years' jail, a fine between S$5,000 and S$50,000 and three to six strokes of the cane.

Anyone convicted of providing false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks may be jailed a maximum of 12 months and those guilty of failing to report a change of address may get a maximum S$5,000 fine, up to five years in jail or both.

Those found guilty of instigating a youth to assist in unlicensed moneylending business or carrying out harassment acts on behalf of loan sharks may be jailed up to nine years, fined between S$6,000 and S$300,000 and given a maximum of 12 strokes of the cane.

Stealth-Bogey

Reaction score
May I share some tips on how to fight UML/LS. But I am not sure if this is applicable here. Nevertheless, I hope you may find some ideas.

In my home country, UML/LS was a thing of th past. Here’s the reasons why?

1. We have 2 major agencies assigned to combat and eradicate UML/LS and any cyber crime-related matters. Our NBI (Nat’l Bureau of Investigation (counterpat of FBI) and PNP Cyber Crime and Forensic Division (National Police). They can tracked even a prepaid mobile device.
2. They in coordination with the local government and community unit.
3. Every community unit have assigned watchdogs mostly numbering to 4 individuals patrolling every community block assigned to them in off peak hours (1pm-5pm) and (12AM-4AM)
4. These watchdogs have a direct line access to both NBI and PNP hotlines.
5. In case of delay in the arrival of the law enforcement unit. The watchdogs and even the ordinary citizen can arrest a suspect and we called it Citizens Arrest as mandated by law.

It’s a collective effort of both Law Enforcement Agencies, the Community and the people.

Last edited:

Nik1987

Reaction score
That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing. Which country were you from?

May I share some tips on how to fight UML/LS. But I am not sure if this is applicable here. Nevertheless, I hope you may find some ideas.

In my home country, UML/LS was a thing of th past. Here’s the reasons why?

1. We have 2 major agencies assigned to combat and eradicate UML/LS and any cyber crime-related matters. Our NBI (Nat’l Bureau of Investigation (counterpat of FBI) and PNP Cyber Crime and Forensic Division (National Police). They can tracked even a prepaid mobile device.
2. They in coordination with the local government and community unit.
3. Every community unit have assigned watchdogs mostly numbering to 4 individuals patrolling every community block assigned to them in off peak hours (1pm-5pm) and (12AM-4AM)
4. These watchdogs have a direct line access to both NBI and PNP hotlines.
5. In case of delay in the arrival of the law enforcement unit. The watchdogs and even the ordinary citizen can arrest a suspect and we called it Citizens Arrest as mandated by law.

It’s a collective effort of both Law Enforcement Agencies, the Community and the people.

Elle30

Reaction score
They came at day and eveving...
Seriously if u open door the runner also scare.they think u ambushing them I always leave several pairs of men shoes outside my door before I sleep.
How long before they finally stop chasing u?

Stealth-Bogey

Reaction score
That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing. Which country were you from?

Hi Bro Nik1987, I’m from The Philippines.

Remember the so-called Love Bug (I Love You Virus).
The culprit was using prepaid internet and accessing online from
different internet shops at the time using aliases and several IP addresses.

But it didn’t take long for the combined units of NBI and PNP to tracked him down. The culprit was eventually captured. Like I said, even mobile devices with prepaid sim can be tracked down.

Here it can be done also with combined efforts from your law enforcement agency, your community and with the watchful eyes of the people.

Last edited:

buzin_512

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am currently owning around 12 loan sharks amounting to 50k. Anybody here have the same experience? I intend to not pay and accept the harassment. May I ask that will only be spraying of paint and call my office up? Any physical harm to my family members? Really need advise.

buzin_512

Reaction score
mine is ard 44k and from 25 lender
I got daily weekly deferred and month loan, I believe I have paid more than 100k so far

HI bro jing, my amount is almost the same as yours, how did you get through I am at the initial stage now of ignoring them.

notmyusualself

Reaction score
Hi im new here. need some advice. got involved with 1 ls. keep asking me to defer for 4 weeks already.

just checking have anyone here engage Singapore Anti Loanshark(SALS) services before?

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Huge amounts if I am not wrong, would be splash, lock and maybe fire. But just install cctv for now. And really no need to pay all these bloodsuckers anymore.

HI bro jing, my amount is almost the same as yours, how did you get through I am at the initial stage now of ignoring them.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Pls read on the few pages for better advices.

Also, SALS will charge per service. The advices here are free if you want it.

Calm yourself and ready through and you will understand.

Hi im new here. need some advice. got involved with 1 ls. keep asking me to defer for 4 weeks already.

just checking have anyone here engage Singapore Anti Loanshark(SALS) services before?

Elle30

Reaction score
My hse tio splashed at around 10.30pm..i made a mistake by closing the main door back then..nowadays,i open my maindoor wide..seems like it works.

For my case i owe one LS 11k. I just decided to block him in whatsapp. I worry he will know where im working and staying now. Bcos the previous address and workplace that i gave him all i not there anymore.

notmyusualself

Reaction score
Pls read on the few pages for better advices.

Also, SALS will charge per service. The advices here are free if you want it.

Calm yourself and ready through and you will understand.

Thanks Bro @JamieJimmyNg for your reply.Ya have been reading the all the previous pages. Really help me calm myself down.

Fear Less

Reaction score
if you still connect with previous colleagues the chances are your info may be untentionally leaked to some callers asking for you. al wont let you off easily.

For my case i owe one LS 11k. I just decided to block him in whatsapp. I worry he will know where im working and staying now. Bcos the previous address and workplace that i gave him all i not there anymore.

Fear Less

Reaction score
bro. nobody can answer your question as to when they will stop harrassing.
its a continuing storm and tonadoes quiet endless actually.always protect yourself and family , safety first. Leave the job to arrest to law enforcement.

Heed the advice posted here.

thanks for the advise, how many months will the harassment be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.