Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The number al used could either be spoof or a recycled number. If they forget to change their contact in their fb, then it will show up. Anyway, those al will not dare to put their faces on fb or where. So most likely what you see if not they.

As for the 300, just to confirm it is not the sg bonus that the govt is giving?

So here’s another update. In the morning, my messenger asked for an update. After the update was made there were 2 new contacts came in with their FB profiles. My messenger stated that the new contacts were sync from my mobile contact numbers. The 2 profiles were from Singapore and Malaysia. I don’t have a friend or contact in Malaysia. I have only 4 Singaporean friends which I knew personally.

Later I will submit the 2 pictures to the police for their checking.

Hi Bro Larry and friends, thank you once again. So far here are the things that I already done in the past 2 days since the harrasment last Friday. This forced transfer scam is like an extortion with blackmail.

1. Filed 2 police reports and updated the officer twice as well.
2. Closed my bank account and already filed a reversal of transaction with the bank for the $300 that was anonymously deposited to my account yesterday. The bank said the reversal of transaction back to the sender will be done today (Monday).
3. Blocked the numbers, deactivated my whatsapp and changed my mobile number to a new one.
4. Gave headsup to the condo security team.
5. Informed my company’s HR.

Later I will followup with the bank if the reversal of transaction is done so just ensure that the $300 will be returned back to the sender.

CloudClau

Reaction score
Bro,the most impt thing is to let ur family know about all these...though they will kan u,but family will always standby u..and will face these **** along with u...for my case, my mum stayed up with me everynite to jaga the cctv...we took turn and stayed vigil..trust me ,with family de support,it makes the fight against these MFs less taxing.

Agreed my dad help me to paint my gate, even a lot of scolding from him

CloudClau

Reaction score
The number al used could either be spoof or a recycled number. If they forget to change their contact in their fb, then it will show up. Anyway, those al will not dare to put their faces on fb or where. So most likely what you see if not they.

SG bonus is in 10 Dec for bank account holders unless u register with paynow with NRIC number then u will get it in end Nov

Stealth-Bogey

Reaction score

Hi Kleong, I’m a foreigner here so definitely it is not a SG Bonus.
I’ve been living in Singapore for almost 10 years now but haven’t heard about SG Bonus. So I guess it’s something else.

Moreover, I already reported the matter to the condo security and they also advised to inform the landlord since we are just a tenants.

Last edited:

CloudClau

Reaction score

SG bonus is in 10 Dec for bank account holders unless u register with paynow with NRIC number then u will get it in end Nov

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi Kleong, I’m a foreigner here so definitely it is not a SG Bonus.
I’ve been living in Singapore for almost 10 years now but haven’t heard about SG Bonus. So I guess it’s something else.

Moreover, I already reported the matter to the condo security and they also advised to inform the landlord since we are just a tenants.

This rules the sg bonus out. Was wondering cos the amount just nice 300.

I think even when you reverse the payment, those al will say did not receive, you deposit into wrong admin, the amount is admin charges and you still owe them. You know they will come out with all sorts of cr@ps. First time now is close your bank acct and yes, inform the landlord.

notmyusualself

Reaction score
Hi Bro @larryford tks for your advise. have informed my family. All know already. like you said, they will be disappointed and kan me. but still 1 family. they have been very supportive.

Have made police report, going to inform my bosses tmr(prepare to lose my job).

buzin_512

Reaction score
Hi Bro @larryford tks for your advise. have informed my family. All know already. like you said, they will be disappointed and kan me. but still 1 family. they have been very supportive.

How I wish I can be as brave as you.. My family paid for me two times.

larryford

Reaction score
Kan is sure will kan one...but know that family will never throw u to die on your own..My case,even though my folks are disappointed,but i know they care alot..just tell urself dun get involved with LS anymore..Job wise,i cant say much..it really depends on your company tolerance..I myself also waiting to see what my fate is..haiz...

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
How I wish I can be as brave as you.. My family paid for me two times.

Bro I was same like u last time paid at least 200k over last few yrs..beg family relatives friends etc to lend me to pay ah loan clear Liao then gamble again.coz everytime I tot can be settle easily..time to wake up bro.

buzin_512

Reaction score
Bro I was same like u last time paid at least 200k over last few yrs..beg family relatives friends etc to lend me to pay ah loan clear Liao then gamble again.coz everytime I tot can be settle easily..time to wake up bro.
Yes, yst I just beg my friends n relatives. Nobody is willing to lend me any more. How you settle with the AL? Lost your job? My family knows after my relative inform them last night. Now only left my workplace.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Yes, yst I just beg my friends n relatives. Nobody is willing to lend me any more. How you settle with the AL? Lost your job? My family knows after my relative inform them last night. Now only left my workplace.
I lost my job too..now driving taxi..but feel less stressful.last time I paying 3k a week to ah long

notmyusualself

Reaction score
Good fro you bro. today i MIA first day with LS. tell him i make police report liao. changed hp also. So now not sure what pattern they will come out.

buzin_512

Reaction score
Good fro you bro. today i MIA first day with LS. tell him i make police report liao. changed hp also. So now not sure what pattern they will come out.
How much you owe bro? Have you inform your boss? I am finding a right time to talk to my boss as eventually they will call my office.

notmyusualself

Reaction score
He trf me 700 ask to clear 1k. i defer 4 times. yesterday ask me defer again. i nv trf. now say got late charge. spoke to boss this morning they disappointed but they said pending and see how serious the case is

buzin_512

Reaction score
He trf me 700 ask to clear 1k. i defer 4 times. yesterday ask me defer again. i nv trf. now say got late charge. spoke to boss this morning they disappointed but they said pending and see how serious the case is
Your amount is small bro should pay us and stop borrowing and start life fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.