Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been following this thread for quite sometime now. Somehow it has given me the courage to stop paying my AL.
I owe two AL. Similar to everyone here, it was a forced loan.
The first one I saw their ad on FB and enquire. Tell me must provide my particulars and NOK and all to see if I have clean record. Thinking that they are legitimate moneylenders I provide them. About an hour later told me all clear. Told me since its my first time taking loan from them, I cannot get the $5k that I asked for so must go thru a trial loan. I immediately told them I didnt want to continue and straight away they transfer $500. I told them off and demand an account to transfer back but they say I must defer ($200) for 5× every 7days. So if I want to clear I have to pay $1.7k to close account. I obliged to it because I dont want to cause any trouble. Since I took the loan, I have been receiving alot of whatsaap and text from other money lenders. Mostly I ignore until one unfortunate day my mum got sick and needed money for her treatment. Swee2 this 'money lender' call me saying his company offer loan with 1% interest monthly.out of desperation, I enquire for $1.5k loan. Same routine particulars, banknacct and NOK also by then I sense something fishy and immediately tell me I want to think about it first. Also automatically transfer me $600 after I said that.
I knew if I were to demand for an account to transfer back, it will also be the same thing. So I was told to clear must defer $350 for 4 days at least once. And then can clear acct for $950. Everytime I want to clear keep saying I must inform in advanced for him to find an account.

I keep on deferring for afew weeks cause I didnt have enough cash to clear $950 due to my mum medical bills.

So far my AL has been nice la even when I ask for 1-2 days delay as I was having some problem. No late payment fee was given. Sometimes even allow me to pay the deferment in 2 payments.

Until few days ago. I was down to my last cent. I really got no more money to pay them at all and I decided to just ignore them. I manage to stall them for few days. until today I totally ignore their call and messages. So far no call to NOK or office. No threatens were made when I ignore them. Seems like to good to be true.

I paid a total of $1.2k to the first AL which transfer me $500
And $1150 for the 2nd one which transfer me $600.

I am prepared for the worst la. Hopefully everything goes well for me and the rest of you.

Do you think they will try to ask for money still. Cause I havent finish paying them up? But I did tell them I really got no money at all how to pay.

Today is the first day only so far no threats and all. What do you think I should do?

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been following this thread for quite sometime now. Somehow it has given me the courage to stop paying my AL.
The first one I saw their ad on FB and enquire. Tell me must provide my particulars and NOK and all to see if I have clean record. Thinking that they are legitimate moneylenders I provide them. About an hour later told me all clear. Told me since its my first time taking loan from them, I cannot get the $5k that I asked for so must go thru a trial loan. I immediately told them I didnt want to continue and straight away they transfer $500. I told them off and demand an account to transfer back but they say I must defer ($200) for 5× every 7days. So if I want to clear I have to pay $1.7k to close account. I obliged to it because I dont want to cause any trouble. Since I took the loan, I have been receiving alot of whatsaap and text from other money lenders. Mostly I ignore until one unfortunate day my mum got sick and needed money for her treatment. Swee2 this 'money lender' call me saying his company offer loan with 1% interest monthly.out of desperation, I enquire for $1.5k loan. Same routine particulars, banknacct and NOK also by then I sense something fishy and immediately tell me I want to think about it first. Also automatically transfer me $600 after I said that.
I knew if I were to demand for an account to transfer back, it will also be the same thing. So I was told to clear must defer $350 for 4 days at least once. And then can clear acct for $950. Everytime I want to clear keep saying I must inform in advanced for him to find an account.

I keep on deferring for afew weeks cause I didnt have enough cash to clear $950 due to my mum medical bills.

So far my AL has been nice la even when I ask for 1-2 days delay as I was having some problem. No late payment fee was given. Sometimes even allow me to pay the deferment in 2 payments.

Until few days ago. I was down to my last cent. I really got no more money to pay them at all and I decided to just ignore them. I manage to stall them for few days. until today I totally ignore their call and messages. So far no call to NOK or office. No threatens were made when I ignore them. Seems like to good to be true.

I am prepared for the worst la. Hopefully everything goes well for me and the rest of you.

Do you think they will try to ask for money still. Cause I havent finish paying them up? But I did tell them I really got no money at all how to pay.

Today is the first day only so far no threats and all. What do you think I should do?

Change your hp settled

Fear Less

Reaction score
Makminah
any decent human would give and take as long as not losing money and face. if they are nice , reciprocate kindness and tell them you have no money for food. should they show color , you show color , not fear.

do the necesary if threathened.

Change your hp paid a total of $1.2k to the first AL which transfer me $500

Fear Less

Reaction score
Makminah
DO NOT borrow from one to pay another. NEVER.
Not all al are nice people.

Makminah
any decent human would give and take as long as not losing money and face. if they are nice , reciprocate kindness and tell them you have no money for food. should they show color , you show color , not fear.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Makminah

Pls la nice my ass lo..they loan 500 recover 1150 less than a mth...old school ah long is 20% per MTH.

Fear Less

Reaction score
bro this one kena scam where got so much interest. 20% market rate.
of course endless paying if scared like most people here. if our friend dont want further harassment from them ,
nice words dont cost a dime. people settle problems in some ways may not
pleasant to our ears. important thing is end of harassment from them . i think this is what all wants.

Makminah

Pls la nice my ass lo..they loan 500 recover 1150 less than a mth...old school ah long is 20% per MTH.

Makminah

Reaction score
bro this one kena scam where got so much interest. 20% market rate.
of course endless paying if scared like most people here. if our friend dont want further harassment from them ,
nice words dont cost a dime. people settle problems in some ways may not
pleasant to our ears. important thing is end of harassment from them . i think this is what all wants.

So far today 2nd day ignoring them. They just text me asking how is it and telling me to reply them. They tried calling loke 4-5 times. All I ignore. And thats it nothing else happen.

Still very worried though cause its like too calm for them to act this way.

Makminah

Reaction score
Makminah

True enough la. The nicer they are the scarier it is. 😅

But I hope all is well. Its not as if I didnt pay them at all. I paid but to clear account must pay them triple than what they 'loan' i cannot tahan sia.

I got 2 more licensed money lender to settle and also my cash line loan from bank. Might as well settle these than continue paying them.😂

Reaction score
Hi all.

Read my post and take action right away.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/117890726-post5944.html

PM me if you are Clueless.

Fear Less

Reaction score
therr is no limit to amount payable.
just stop paying to uml .
get the answers here.

But I hope all is well. Its not as if I didnt pay them at all. I paid but to clear account must pay them triple than what they 'loan' i cannot tahan sia.

I got 2 more licensed money lender to settle and also my cash line loan from bank. Might as well settle these than continue paying them.😂

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

They nice becoz they see u as ATM..

CloudClau

Reaction score
Went down to bedok police station ytd kene detain for a few hours, they say will bring the case to court anyone experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.