Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They are cause I have all the documents with me. I even went to their office to sign the agreement. Told them i no money to pay the $1105 still me to borrow from friends and reloan them again. Then when I say no money to pay they insist that i pay $600 at least cause I first time customer. 😑

Lesson learn LML or UML both are loansharks. Both are out to suck you dry. 😑
Did anyone force u to borrow? Or point a gun at u?

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Why don't return?

UML are illegal. And they are loan scams not proper loan companies. Once you start paying, they will hound you for the rest of your life and harass you for the rest of your life for money on ridiculous terms. They will give you an account to transfer to and that is the account of the next victim and in the process, you account has been tagged as part of the scam syndicate.

So you want him to pay?

For UML case and how to handle, refer to my earlier post.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/117890726-post5944.html

Last edited:

Lynn14

Reaction score
Dear all,

I need help. I got involved in one LS. I saw this advertisment on Fb for installment for handphone.. I whatsapp and enquire. He told me he is from Rapid credit. Got my details and also my bank account number. So regret... He called me and explained to me that their company will loan me that amount for the phone and i go buy and i pay monthly of $150 for 12 months. Then he mentioned he will transfer me the money. But he transferred only $300. I ask him y... He said he will check and nv get back to me. And one week later, i got a msg from him and says my payment reached ask me to transfer $150. From there i know its LS. Haiz.... I just wan to clear totally when i have the money. When i asked him how much i have to pay and clear, he told me $1000 abd i have made. Then he said i have to make and $2200 to clear. Really no money liao. What should i do. I have made a police report through iwitness and given them all the details. Tomolo i got to make another 150 and by end month $2200. I am scared he will call my company and i lose my job abd also come up to my house. Please tell me what to do. I have paid so much than what i loan. I have closed my bank account once i know he is an LS cos i dun wanna him to anyhow transfer money. I need help

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UML are illegal. And they are loan scams not proper loan companies. Once you start paying, they will hound you for the rest of your life and harass you for the rest of your life for money on ridiculous terms. They will give you an account to transfer to and that is the account of the next victim and in the process, you account has been tagged as part of the scam syndicate.

So you want him to pay?

For UML case and how to handle, refer to my earlier post.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/1...-post5944.html
Then why borrow from unlicensed?

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I need help. I got involved in one LS. I saw this advertisment on Fb for installment for handphone.. I whatsapp and enquire. He told me he is from Rapid credit. Got my details and also my bank account number. So regret... He called me and explained to me that their company will loan me that amount for the phone and i go buy and i pay monthly of $150 for 12 months. Then he mentioned he will transfer me the money. But he transferred only $300. I ask him y... He said he will check and nv get back to me. And one week later, i got a msg from him and says my payment reached ask me to transfer $150. From there i know its LS. Haiz.... I just wan to clear totally when i have the money. When i asked him how much i have to pay and clear, he told me $1000 abd i have made. Then he said i have to make and $2200 to clear. Really no money liao. What should i do. I have made a police report through iwitness and given them all the details. Tomolo i got to make another 150 and by end month $2200. I am scared he will call my company and i lose my job abd also come up to my house. Please tell me what to do. I have paid so much than what i loan. I have closed my bank account once i know he is an LS cos i dun wanna him to anyhow transfer money. I need help

You made 1k payment they say another 2.2k to fully settle. After you make the 2.2k, they will come up with another reason and demand more money. Dont say 2.2k. If you make the 150, it will signal to them you are easy meat and continue to harrass you.

As for the fear of losing job, you really got no choice but to face this possibility. What you can do now is inform your boss that you have been scam.

Reaction score
Dear all,

Stay calm. All the info you need is here.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/117890726-post5944.html

PM me if you need help.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let them come lor...maybe you should report to HR first citing that you are a loanshark SCAM victim...doubt they dare since they are illegal in first place...your place you install cctv.

your amount not huge...maybe they will not carry out their threats...

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
You made 1k payment they say another 2.2k to fully settle. After you make the 2.2k, they will come up with another reason and demand more money. Dont say 2.2k. If you make the 150, it will signal to them you are easy meat and continue to harrass you.

As for the fear of losing job, you really got no choice but to face this possibility. What you can do now is inform your boss that you have been scam.

Ya..scare lose job then pay them lor..then got job also machiam no job..all yr pay pay them. I was like u before ..knn I work in government agency tats y more scare pay for 5years...

Fear Less

Reaction score
Lynn
Bro Jjlin already gave you the answers.
He is the veteran here.

Scared of ahlong pay them . No need listen to us here. Uncle here read from page 1 since yr 2014.

Worry about how to handle your problem.
They will kill your job knowing you fear of losing it.

SHOW HAND ! and man up or woman up

Originally Posted by*Jjlin1205:
Ya..scare lose job then pay them lor..then got job also machiam no job..all yr pay pay them. I was like u before ..knn I work in government agency tats y more scare pay for 5years...

What happen in the end.

What happen in the end.

Makminah

Reaction score
Dear all,

Hi Lynn.
Just remain calm so you'll be able to think better. Dont worry too much cause at the first place you dont owe them anything at all. And you've paid them more than what they loan. If you continue paying them, they'll mark you as an easy target and the cycle wont end.

Inform your workplace ASAP saying you got scammed. Letting them know before hand is better they might even help you to f*ck this scammer call your workplace.
Explain to them what exactly happened and pray that they will understand your situation

Since police report is made than good. Just remember not to transfer to them anything at all. Cause if you do, you will get into trouble with the law. They can say you are an accomplice. Inform all your NOK. They will nag and all but they will never leave you alone to go through this.

Just be wary of suspicious character and call the police if you feel something is not right.

I dont think they will do anything since you already paid then alot more than the loan. Might as well the money you paid them, you get yourself a new hp right?

I pray all the best for you and good luck. Stay firm and be strong. Dont be scared of them. All of us and here if you need support.
Personally this thread is my source of motivation to fight against this LS and it help me pull through till today. I hope somehow it will manage to help yours too. 😊

Fear Less

Reaction score
Mak is right .do not yransfer any money to avoud being branded as accomplice.
Fear them and YOU LOSE.

Hi Lynn.
Just remain calm so you'll be able to think better. Dont worry too much cause at the first place you dont owe them anything at all. And you've paid them more than what they loan. If you continue paying them, they'll mark you as an easy target and the cycle wont end.

Inform your workplace ASAP saying you got scammed. Letting them know before hand is better they might even help you to f*ck this scammer call your workplace.
Explain to them what exactly happened and pray that they will understand your situation

Since police report is made than good. Just remember not to transfer to them anything at all. Cause if you do, you will get into trouble with the law. They can say you are an accomplice. Inform all your NOK. They will nag and all but they will never leave you alone to go through this.

Just be wary of suspicious character and call the police if you feel something is not right.

I dont think they will do anything since you already paid then alot more than the loan. Might as well the money you paid them, you get yourself a new hp right?

I pray all the best for you and good luck. Stay firm and be strong. Dont be scared of them. All of us and here if you need support.
Personally this thread is my source of motivation to fight against this LS and it help me pull through till today. I hope somehow it will manage to help yours too. 😊

future173

Reaction score
Hi all... I got this Random call from a moneylender which has insisted me to take up A loan with him which i do not need. He has insisted that he will transfer the money to my account(i did not provide) and threaten to harass my family members if i dont take the loan from him. He forwarded me a whatsapp pic of my unit and with hostile threats. Could You all pls advise me what shld i do?

chulu2810

Reaction score
Report police.
Iwithness. Very convenient.
They give empty threat only.

Hi all... I got this Random call from a moneylender which has insisted me to take up A loan with him which i do not need. He has insisted that he will transfer the money to my account(i did not provide) and threaten to harass my family members if i dont take the loan from him. He forwarded me a whatsapp pic of my unit and with hostile threats. Could You all pls advise me what shld i do?

future173

Reaction score
Thank You for the advise @chulu2810
Cause i worry what they have on my information. He says he got my contact from a bank loan application which has been rejected a few months ago. Ok, i shall report it

Report police.
Iwithness. Very convenient.
They give empty threat only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.