Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Dear all,

I need help. I got involved in one LS. I saw this advertisment on Fb for installment for handphone.. I whatsapp and enquire. He told me he is from Rapid credit. Got my details and also my bank account number. So regret... He called me and explained to me that their company will loan me that amount for the phone and i go buy and i pay monthly of $150 for 12 months. Then he mentioned he will transfer me the money. But he transferred only $300. I ask him y... He said he will check and nv get back to me. And one week later, i got a msg from him and says my payment reached ask me to transfer $150. From there i know its LS. Haiz.... I just wan to clear totally when i have the money. When i asked him how much i have to pay and clear, he told me $1000 abd i have made. Then he said i have to make and $2200 to clear. Really no money liao. What should i do. I have made a police report through iwitness and given them all the details. Tomolo i got to make another 150 and by end month $2200. I am scared he will call my company and i lose my job abd also come up to my house. Please tell me what to do. I have paid so much than what i loan. I have closed my bank account once i know he is an LS cos i dun wanna him to anyhow transfer money. I need help

Dont pay them. Since u make police report liao. No scare. If you want to pay them u pay me. I go standby at your house every night make sure u are safe

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Hi all... I got this Random call from a moneylender which has insisted me to take up A loan with him which i do not need. He has insisted that he will transfer the money to my account(i did not provide) and threaten to harass my family members if i dont take the loan from him. He forwarded me a whatsapp pic of my unit and with hostile threats. Could You all pls advise me what shld i do?

Anyone also can take pic of your unit. Mostly they ask bangala so one. Dont need scare. Nothing will happen

Reaction score
Hi all... I got this Random call from a moneylender which has insisted me to take up A loan with him which i do not need. He has insisted that he will transfer the money to my account(i did not provide) and threaten to harass my family members if i dont take the loan from him. He forwarded me a whatsapp pic of my unit and with hostile threats. Could You all pls advise me what shld i do?

If you did not part with any personal data, you should be safe.

Info such as:

Ic
IRAS income statement
Singpass login

Now recall back, did you touch any Banks or Licensed Money Lender or Unlicensed Money Lender before this?

If there is a breach of private info, need to report it.

chulu2810

Reaction score
U also report to data protection of yr possibledata leak by the said bank loan applocation. My unit photo been whatapp to me b4. A flower basket fr florist was also sent to me. But till now no actual LS n their runners did come up. "Touch wood"
Only LML n biz debt collector come up till they tired liao.
Normally return home late.
My hse gate got cctv n corridor, SPF installed 2x.

Thank You for the advise @chulu2810
Cause i worry what they have on my information. He says he got my contact from a bank loan application which has been rejected a few months ago. Ok, i shall report it

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

did you ever query about a loan from them before?

or provide personal info to them? (should be, since they know ur phone number and address)

berlynn81

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Believed I was scammed into this uml...

Saw a phone instalment plan. Enquired. Then he ask for nric and cpf contribution. Said 2000 12 mth settle. He asked for bank account number and he did a video call to verify face..

Next 300 was in my account then he Mia on me for few day. WhatsApp reply doesn't explain and delay and delay.

Today told me 300 is trial loan need give back 500 on 23th before 7pm. I ask him for bank account he say on that day 1pm will give cuz always different bank account number. I tell him don't later u Mia then become late charge he say won't and said he want his money back. Planning to just give him 500 and block afterwards. Should I report police now?

Hi...
I have the similiar suitation with u. So what happen in the end? Care to share?

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hi...

after u paid him faster close ur bank account if nt they will transfer money to your account this time bigger amt , and report to police on the account number they are u to transfer to

berlynn81

Reaction score
after u paid him faster close ur bank account if nt they will transfer money to your account this time bigger amt , and report to police on the account number they are u to transfer to

I have already closed my bank account once i know he is an LS. Did they harrass you or anything?

I have also sent the police on all the account numbers that I was asked to transfer to.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
U also report to data protection of yr possibledata leak by the said bank loan applocation. My unit photo been whatapp to me b4. A flower basket fr florist was also sent to me. But till now no actual LS n their runners did come up. "Touch wood"
Only LML n biz debt collector come up till they tired liao.
Normally return home late.
My hse gate got cctv n corridor, SPF installed 2x.

Lml more difficult to settle

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

or provide personal info to them? (should be, since they know ur phone number and address)
Pic of then yr front gate and door is common la..if they really Wana splash they splash Liao..no need send a pic..don't worry .I have a monatage of my gate from all.the ah long..ask me lock door tonite ask me tonite don't sleep etc..

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi...

Would like to highlight a few things

1) lml is not allowed to advertise.
2) all the monthly installment plans are tricks for ppl to reply to their advertisement. Uml and lml will never give this kind of loans.
3) no legal loan company will ask for your singpass, ic or bank account over the phone. Even at lml office, they will ask you to key in the password for your singpass. They wont ask for it.
4) all lml will need you to go down to their office to sign documents before they can approve your loan or disperse the money.

If you see them do any of the above, 99% they are loansharks.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro KLeong

You are very right. Thanks your advice.

THEY WILL NEVER GIVE THIS KIND OF LOAN ( proper monthly payment loan) via sms. GOT TO VISIT THEIR OFFICE FOR PROPER LOAN APPLICATION.

You quote:
Would like to highlight a few things

1) lml is not allowed to advertise.
2) all the monthly installment plans are tricks for ppl to reply to their advertisement. Uml and lml will never give this kind of loans.
3) no legal loan company will ask for your singpass, ic or bank account over the phone. Even at lml office, they will ask you to key in the password for your singpass. They wont ask for it.
4) all lml will need you to go down to their office to sign documents before they can approve your loan or disperse the money.

If you see them do any of the above, 99% they are LOANSHARKS.

future173

Reaction score
No not Query from them before. Just an irritating random call.
I got an account with LM, but still not sure how they get hold with my informations.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No not Query from them before. Just an irritating random call.
I got an account with LM, but still not sure how they get hold with my informations.

Ic, number and address they have. But no bank account number i guess? possible that the lm pass the info to them. Anyway stand firm and ignore the ls. If you did not take money from them, unlikely they will spend time or money to harrass you. And from their action now, you will know they will let you go after you take loan from them

future173

Reaction score
Yea i think they dont have my account number which they keep asking me for it. What i worry is they just transfer the cash to my account and said that i have borrowed the money and they can just come after for it. But anyway, i went to file a police report already, dont know if that helps.

Ic, number and address they have. But no bank account number i guess? possible that the lm pass the info to them. Anyway stand firm and ignore the ls. If you did not take money from them, unlikely they will spend time or money to harrass you. And from their action now, you will know they will let you go after you take loan from them

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea i think they dont have my account number which they keep asking me for it. What i worry is they just transfer the cash to my account and said that i have borrowed the money and they can just come after for it. But anyway, i went to file a police report already, dont know if that helps.

Dont give them your account or read their msg at all. As for making police report, that is the correct procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.