Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
Wondering who face same problems like me? I mean didn't take,*how you deal with this, did you transfer back like I did? And how they reaction to you after that.

I feeling alone right now because can't tell anybody about this.

I think majority of us went thru the same thing. Enquire about loan, then tell them dont want or dont need anymore and they immediately transfer without our consent. Myself personally I met 2 of this lowlife. Cause I enquire both on the same day, and both transfer me the same day.

Unlike you, I was not brave enough to stand up and return back to them only what the transfer. I paid double or triple the amount they transfer cause I was scared. Eventually I was down to my last cent and couldnt pay them anymore thats when I decide to stop. It's about 3weeks plus since I ignore them totally. So far nothing happened but once in a while those msgs and threats do come in. I am still staying firm ignoring them.
Inital part will be very hard, but you need to come clean with everyone. You need their support and got thru this together. Talk to someone you trust, it will help you to get this issue off your mind.
Most importantly dont let their threats and words get to you emotionally and mentally. You paid them back and they are now trying their luck to get more $$ from you. Good luck and hopefully all goes well for you. I pray that god will ease all your pain and problems. Jiayou! 💪

Last edited:

Super lost

Reaction score
Please dont stress yourself out. Sometimes they are just testing the water. To see if they can get any respond. Whenever I get this msgs I just try to remain calm. Of course at the back of my head I am scared. But I wont let their threats get to me. So i continue to ignore them. Just relax, and be prepared for the worst. Whatever happens, its the consequences I have to deal with for the mistake I make. And move on. You can do this, just stay strong okay!

Ya..true ...

Oldlady

Reaction score
I think majority of us went thru the same thing. Enquire about loan, then tell them dont want or dont need anymore and they immediately transfer without our consent. Myself personally I met 2 of this lowlife. Cause I enquire both on the same day, and both transfer me the same day.

Unlike you, I was not brave enough to stand up and return back to them only what the transfer. I paid double or triple the amount they transfer cause I was scared. Eventually I was down to my last cent and couldnt pay them anymore thats when I decide to stop. It's about 3weeks plus since I ignore them totally. So far nothing happened but once in a while those msgs and threats do come in. I am still staying firm ignoring them.
Inital part will be very hard, but you need to come clean with everyone. You need their support and got thru this together. Talk to someone you trust, it will help you to get this issue off your mind.
Most importantly dont let their threats and words get to you emotionally and mentally. You paid them back and they are now trying their luck to get more $$ from you. Good luck and hopefully all goes well for you. I pray that god will ease all your pain and problems. Jiayou! 💪

Thank you so much for your addvice, I can't talk to anybody about this yet because still confusing what am I going to do with them, yes honestly I want to pay the amount they asking but after read and read all addvice here then I think, pay up also can't stop the problem because they won't stop.so I don't pay and make police report twice before I come to join you guy here to shearing the story.

I not strong woman, but my money not left to pay anyone for nothing too, I need to keep my money to pay for other thing that also important more than give them.

My lift downstairs has 2 cam from police, near by my floor has one cam at neighbours door, do you think enough? Or I still need to put one more at my house too.

I try to confidence in police,I know all of you guy here may be not reported because afried lost job. But for me I resigh immediately after I know that I facing problems with loan Shark, but my boss not agree for this.

I wanna stay home and wait for them coming and facing problems at home,more or less I still can see if they come.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Use the money suppose to pay them go fix a cctv at yr door/gate. Just carry yr regular routine. Most r empty threats.
I used to received lot of threats n now all no action.
Changed my mobile number n now peace.

Only update the LS that implicate my friend.

I had 1x cctv at my house gate n 2x spf camera at my corridor.
So far so good. Only recent luv letter at my letterbox that i read n just chuck 1 side after report to spf.

Thank you so much for your addvice, I can't talk to anybody about this yet because still confusing what am I going to do with them, yes honestly I want to pay the amount they asking but after read and read all addvice here then I think, pay up also can't stop the problem because they won't stop.so I don't pay and make police report twice before I come to join you guy here to shearing the story.

I not strong woman, but my money not left to pay anyone for nothing too, I need to keep my money to pay for other thing that also important more than give them.

My lift downstairs has 2 cam from police, near by my floor has one cam at neighbours door, do you think enough? Or I still need to put one more at my house too.

I try to confidence in police,I know all of you guy here may be not reported because afried lost job. But for me I resigh immediately after I know that I facing problems with loan Shark, but my boss not agree for this.

I wanna stay home and wait for them coming and facing problems at home,more or less I still can see if they come.

Messup

Reaction score
They transfer some money to me without my permission and ask me to pay back double next day, day after they call to correct payment and give me account number, I transfer back to them same amount they give to me and didn't pay more than what they give and print out everything go to make police report and block their number.

Next 2 day they start Harassment me so I bring everything to report again.

Did you enquire or anything in the first place?

How they have your account number to force transfer to you?

Oldlady

Reaction score
Use the money suppose to pay them go fix a cctv at yr door/gate. Just carry yr regular routine. Most r empty threats.
I used to received lot of threats n now all no action.
Changed my mobile number n now peace.

Only update the LS that implicate my friend.

I had 1x cctv at my house gate n 2x spf camera at my corridor.
So far so good. Only recent luv letter at my letterbox that i read n just chuck 1 side after report to spf.
The English they use to text me look very funny, because they doesn't know how to use is am are or I me your correctly as basic English from primary school, may be they are not in Singapore.

Wondering why still have singaporean work for them as runner.

Anyway the amount they asking will up and up week by week and I can't afford to pay for that because I didn't borrow from them, if my karma can taking 4G airline to give me suffer for this, I also hope their karma will take 4G airline go back to them too.

I sleep very late last night, yes because of thinking about this, fear no use, pay no use, no pay may be best solution.

I think here also not secret, might have some of them keep reed all our comments too. Never mind then, this is the pain from innocent people who didn't taking money from you. One day this pain will get back to you as soon as possible I believe that.

Will looking for more cctv to fix at my gate soon, work or not no one know, but if decided not pay I must stand up and standby for they reaction.

Thank you for you guy to comfort me, my English not so good but I try to sharing and release some stressful in my mind.

Thank you all guy, hopefully we will be find, innocent people shouldn't have any unfair treated right? But already happened.

Oldlady

Reaction score
Did you enquire or anything in the first place?

How they have your account number to force transfer to you?
They have my account number as they ask me to provide for approval, but after that they straight transfer to my account.

Now that account already closed, my number change, but my WhatsApp still use same number because I not sure how to do as in WhatsApp has some function to inform those our contact list that we change number and that will be worse to let they have our new number again.

Important to shearing about close bank account, you no need to go down to the bank, you can do by yourself by Internet if you use Internet banking and still can open one more account from that too.

How to do.
Just open bank website and login, see request from your right hand side, scroll down click "more"

After that you can see the lowest box click on Close account but you must prepare to open your net banking to accept request at moment too.

You can request for new account here, and you can't close your account immediately if you using you net banking to transfer or use you atm card to pay anything for last few day, have to wait untill no pending (I use my net banking pay for grab texi so I wait 3 days then can close my bank account) and even though you go down to any bank they also can't close for you only wait and wait. So best to do it by yourself right? My bank is DBS

Hope this thing will helpful for you guy who don't know and have no time to go down to any branch. Don't be so shy to answer if they ask why you need to close your account.

Yes, before that I don't know how to close bank account by myself, I went down to ask and request new account too. And they ask me why? (if not request new may be they not bother to ask)

I show them my report, after they know my problems they faster teach me how to do it by myself, thank you so much for them, feeling super appreciated because 1 day to ask for leave sometime not so easy.

Open new account from website not need any diposit too don't worry.

Last edited:

Messup

Reaction score
They have my account number as they ask me to provide for approval, but after that they straight transfer to my account.

Now that account already closed, my number change, but my WhatsApp still use same number because I not sure how to do as in WhatsApp has some function to inform those our contact list that we change number and that will be worse to let they have our new number again.

Don’t register Whatsapp with the old number. Maybe delete your WhatsApp and reinstall again fresh.

Use sms to inform your contacts on your change of number and make sure u did not include them in your notice in change of number.

Reaction score

Do not fear. Stay strong and move on with your regular life, don't let this paralyze you. Tell the people that they might harass, once they are on side, you do not have to be afraid and stay strong, this will be over soon enough.

Do not feel alone, we are here for you, send us PM if you are not sure what to do.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Oldlady

Reaction score
Don’t register Whatsapp with the old number. Maybe delete your WhatsApp and reinstall again fresh.

Use sms to inform your contacts on your change of number and make sure u did not include them in your notice in change of number.
Ok
Thank you so much

Oldlady

Reaction score
How long you take to stop the harresment? About 40k for 20LS.
Omg, 40k?
My amount was just $150 only
But $150 also money right? I super headache for this problem untill I think wanna pay them if can stop all problems but after paid them the problem won't stop how? Super headache really, small money but big stress.

Oldlady

Reaction score
Do not fear. Stay strong and move on with your regular life, don't let this paralyze you. Tell the people that they might harass, once they are on side, you do not have to be afraid and stay strong, this will be over soon enough.

Do not feel alone, we are here for you, send us PM if you are not sure what to do.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Thank you so much

sour71

Reaction score
Omg, 40k?
My amount was just $150 only
But $150 also money right? I super headache for this problem untill I think wanna pay them if can stop all problems but after paid them the problem won't stop how? Super headache really, small money but big stress.

Not from one LS but just total add up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.