Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
LOANSHARK JUST HARRASED ME AGAIN. SAY STANDBY 24HRS SEE WHAT HE DO TO MY HOUSE. IM SO PARANOID OMG.

if you took a bit nia, then xfer to a few accounts already they will want more.
best to just stop paying if you already paid back full amount with whatever interest u owe.
IGNORE THEM WHEN YOU OWE THEM NOTHING ALREADY
dont overpay like 2x 3x the amount if you only owed them or loan trial for less than 15 days etc
inform your family members/nok and neighbours to stay safe, call police if people come knocking etc

paintjobs costs a lot from what i learnt recently so if yours like 100 to 300ish i think confirm safe de, if they really come lock or paint, then can make police report and town council setup cctv

one of the most important thing is stay calm

these are all the advices i have received recently.
hope it helps you

sadsoul

Reaction score
I know its easier said then done, but remain calm. Make sure you already make a police report regarding this scam even if you have take their money and transfer to other accounts as payments. The police will not arrest you. You wait this 24hrs, im sure its all just empty threats. Unless you really took a huge amount from them and never pay a single cent back. Then maybe your case is really loan shark chasing you and not scammers.

Update us on how your case is like, like how much loan you take from them and all.
first it was a firce loan pay back in 5 days. i repaid but said must defer. second time i want pay full but still need defer so i stop. its been a month now suddenly came back and threat from legal loan now say AHLONG. ive inform the police again.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
first it was a firce loan pay back in 5 days. i repaid but said must defer. second time i want pay full but still need defer so i stop. its been a month now suddenly came back and threat from legal loan now say AHLONG. ive inform the police again.

if you ignored them for 1 month liao, just continue ignoring lor.
REMAIN CALM
if they really come then call ur town council and ask for the paperworks to install cctv after making police report

sadsoul

Reaction score
if you ignored them for 1 month liao, just continue ignoring lor.
REMAIN CALM
if they really come then call ur town council and ask for the paperworks to install cctv after making police report

i trying ti remain cakm. my area here every day and night gotpolice petrol and also cctv everywhere. i hope their runner think twice before doing shits for them.so many has been arrested recently for loan shark activities. I HOPE THEY READ THIS AND KNOW THEY CANT HIDE TOO LONG ALSO. BETTER STOP CHASING THEIR VICTIM AND MAKE MONEY THROUGH SCAM. PLEASE MOVE ON.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
i trying ti remain cakm. my area here every day and night gotpolice petrol and also cctv everywhere. i hope their runner think twice before doing shits for them.so many has been arrested recently for loan shark activities. I HOPE THEY READ THIS AND KNOW THEY CANT HIDE TOO LONG ALSO. BETTER STOP CHASING THEIR VICTIM AND MAKE MONEY THROUGH SCAM. PLEASE MOVE ON.

just do your best to ignore them
if you managed it for 1 month, you should probably keep going!

and if your place is well covered with cctv just let them come, ur conscience is clear.
just inform your neighbours to be on the lookout as well, explain to them the loanscam situation

Makminah

Reaction score

You've done a good job ignoring them. Best if you just block all numbers. If it makes you feel better dont even open their texts or voice note. Be brave brother. It's easier said than done but all of us here went through this, many victims turned survivors here. May god protect all of us here. Jiayou! 💪💪

Aricchee

Reaction score
I am also a victim of scam. Scolded by my real LS, he told me real LS don't provide monthly loan only weekly so he say I stupid

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually my case was I did not do a background check on their fake license when they posted in face-book. I ask for 1000 to be paid 350 for 3 months and he say ok and ask for my details. Next day he cash bank in 600 to my account. I question him why put 600 into my account and he say its a trial loan that need to pay 300 for 3 weeks in order to get the 1000 loan + 300. I told him to take back but he refuse and said account open already must close once making 300 for 3 weeks. I said ok and followed his instruction and transferred 300 for 3 weeks total of 900. Next day was sunday and told him I already done the trial loan and ask him when can get the loan. Told me sunday he dont work. Weekday I text him again for the loan and 300, he said will check. After 1 week, receive a msg from the same number asking for payment. He said he's the boss and his man gave me wrong instruction. Should be receive 600 and payback after 1 week 900 and demanded me for 900. I told him off saying is it my problem? I already paid 900 according to his man's instruction and still want another 900. I told him that you suppose to give us loan instead me keep giving defer money. What nonsence. Sence that this could be a scam and I immediately block him. He used another number to immediately sent me the burning of the unit door and ask to pay up.I block all numbers he call and sent whatsapp msg. Following week sent me a letter as 1st warning and ask to call back his number.I was pissed off and call him and told him to meet me face to face and settle this issue. But he claims that they will not meet the person and will come anytime to burn my unit if I don't pay up.I told them, good, come and burn, it will be a big news and police will immediately hunt you guys down. Told them that I have fire extinguisher standby.They are not real LS who really gives loan, instead they are LS Scammers out there to milk u try by using treatening tactic. Its better to change phone number as they will circulate the victim number to other Unlicense and License Money Lender and you will receive all kinds of numbers.The funny part is how they can check our cpf through our singpass. This I suspect they coloborate with License Money Lender. So be aware of all Unlicensed & Licensed Money Lenders. This whole episode is like HELL!!! I beleive some of us here being scammed is from the same syndicate.They are still active and still scamming new victims. I just can't wait for the police to nap them till the day we all get some peace of mind. Also, my advice to scammed victim, deactivate your social media especially facebook account. Stay brave to this scammers....Now that I have changed my number, they will definately sent me another letter. Will keep you guys updated.

Nice one... send them back a middle finger photo lol

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To all the current and future victims who has been scammed by pretend to be LML Scammers, I have made a complaint and suggestion to POSB bank today to implement a security program to our customer saving account system to control this scammers from force depositing cash money into our bank account thru ATM. This program will deter Scammers from force sending cash money into our bank account thru ATM. Means to say, when the scammer try to force deposit cash money into our bank account thru that ATM, we the receiver will receive alert notice from the receiver whether to accept or reject the senders cash money from that ATM. I am actually from the safety industry and now I am in the security industry and I see the importance of security due to high terrorism and scammers. Please give me your feedback and we will sign a petition to MAS to implement this customer security program from scammers or any one trying to deposit force cash money into customer bank account thru ATM. Another warning to all victims or future victims here. Try not to use pay-now which is your phone number attached to your bank account. If they the scammers cant send force cash money into your bank account thru ATM, they will use Pay-now or Pay-Lar method to sent money into your bank account. I suggest the current victims or the future victims here to disable this Pay-Now and Pay-Lar account for the time being if you are still using existing phone number. I don't know about this Scammer pre-paid sim card whether it's able to do this pay-now & Pay-Lar transaction. However, we have to be on the guard.

Paylah and paynow are useful for fund transfers only when u have never disclose ur info, NOK, singpass to strangers...

G381783

Reaction score
i feel you we have thesame situation my husband is not talking to me..for 2 months now..since i confess to him that i borrow 300 to a loanshark..i made a police report alredy..im juat thankful that nothing happen to our house but im still worried for the coming days..lesson learned

valavos

Reaction score
i feel you we have thesame situation my husband is not talking to me..for 2 months now..since i confess to him that i borrow 300 to a loanshark..i made a police report alredy..im juat thankful that nothing happen to our house but im still worried for the coming days..lesson learned

How did it happen, how many times you pay them? You borrowed 300 or did they force sent money to your bank accout?

Last edited:

pigping91

Reaction score
Thx you here bro and sis advise...after few day the LS call my shop NOK and they ingore and block the number...now after 1 week didnt have any phone call and messeges from them already...so far now not stress and relax a bit...but still always alert and see anything happen and accept incoming....thx you all...

Reaction score
Thx you here bro and sis advise...after few day the LS call my shop NOK and they ingore and block the number...now after 1 week didnt have any phone call and messeges from them already...so far now not stress and relax a bit...but still always alert and see anything happen and accept incoming....thx you all...

Great! Break contact and move on with life.

Pls pay it forward and advise new victims here!

valavos

Reaction score

No worries, after when all this scammers & criminals arrested by police and bring them to justice, we will all meet up for celebration.Justice will prevail.No humans are greater than God and God is watching over them in destroying many innocent lives.- Acting in behalf of Justice Boa

Last edited:

valavos

Reaction score
Safety & Security measures & plan to protect yourself and your family from this scammers and criminals and LS:
1. Install smoke detector near your main door to alert you of any arson by this criminals/scammers/LS.
2. Standby fire extinguisher(2kg carbon dioxide) to fight fire.
3. Standby first aid box in case of any injury.
4. Stanby tinner and paint to remove paint and grafitti.
5. Standby bicycle chain cutter in case if
you need it urgently to get out of home to work.
6. Install CCTV in front of your home to deter them from coming.
7. Close existing bank account and reopen new account.
8. Change to new hp number and close existing number for peace of mind.
9. Block all unknown numbers including office and residential numbers for those still want to use back existing numbers.
10. Be brave with all equipments above and get ready to fight them.

- I am trained Safety,Security and a Trainer.Hope this helps..Good Nite

Last edited:

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Safety & Security measures & plan to protect yourself and your family from this scammers and criminals and LS:
1. Install smoke detector near your main door to alert you of any arson by this criminals/scammers/LS.
9. Block all unknown numbers including office and residential numbers for those still want to use back existing numbers.

Use "Do not disturb" mode also, set "Receive calls from contacts only"
Anyone else who calls you will end up in missed calls.
If it is a number, you can choose if you want to call back. (check whatsapp groups if the number is someone you may know)
If it is a private number there is no chance of you calling them back.
Prevention is better than a cure

Makminah

Reaction score

Glad you're doing soo much better now. Hope all will end well for everyone here. That's why it is important to stay and ignore so you can think rationally. Now can relax abit and move on. You deserve the break. 😊

Makminah

Reaction score
10. Be brave with all equipments above and get ready to fight them.

If I may add on one more. I am not pious but always remember to pray. God will always be there even if no one else is there for us. Never underestimate the power of a prayer. All the best ya everyone. 😊

DigOwnGrave

Reaction score
They have threatened me on my phone whats app, my NOK also they threatened already. They even called up my office main line where they threatened my colleagues to ask me to pay up. Whats next? Love letter under the door and paint on the wall? Any ideas guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.