Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
Usually I will do save their num and look at their DP. If its suspicious I will block their number. Just in case its someone I know. But lately the calls I get are dont have any Whatsapp link to it. So abit hard to know who called me up exactly.
They stop contacting me abt more than a month already.
My suggestion is try to save their number. Then you go to whats app and see their contact info. From there is usually a couple photo. They will usually be online from 2pm till 2am. If you see they are online but you call them through normal phone and the line says its not in service, high chance its them. How long has your LS stop contacting you and suddenly you getting calls from this unknown number? Mind sharring?

DigOwnGrave

Reaction score
Usually I will do save their num and look at their DP. If its suspicious I will block their number. Just in case its someone I know. But lately the calls I get are dont have any Whatsapp link to it. So abit hard to know who called me up exactly.
They stop contacting me abt more than a month already.

Alright. Mine already stop for almost 3 weeks already. Hopefully it stays that way. I didnt block their latest number cos atleast i know if they were to call, they would use the number which i didnt block to contact me, which gives me a heads up.

Makminah

Reaction score
Same. I didnt block their numbers that I contacy to take the loan. I only block all the other numbers that call or text me. Me too, I want this to end soon but we gotta stay positive.

Alright. Mine already stop for almost 3 weeks already. Hopefully it stays that way. I didnt block their latest number cos atleast i know if they were to call, they would use the number which i didnt block to contact me, which gives me a heads up.

hungryllama

Reaction score
So any of u know anyone dat can really negotiate wif lml?

@Dean38 Do you have a budget and repayment plan drawn up? It's best to have a plan first before you start negotiating - otherwise even if the negotiations work out, you may not be able continue paying within your means.

Headached

Reaction score
Headached any betters solution or sumthing?
Bro..u just call them ask installment plan...just tell them how much u want pay them per month...if they talk so much dun pay them. Next time they call again than u say u want installment...they just want their money back..

Dazues

Reaction score
Anyone please help.. what should I do now ? I borrowed from Illegal moneylenders first of all I tot they are legal. And once I borrowed he send me 1000 and says defer payment 300 and clear all is 1500 , defer payment need to pay for each 5days after and What they promised me to let me clear my debt was on last two weeks ago. But when the time comes by they just said their boss not allow any of their customer to clear the debt. Need pay 600 and wait until after CNY. So now after CNY I paid him around 1100 then they suddenly told me need to pay my defer payment 300. I was so mad and angry so I questioned them , you promised me to let me clear and now come up with stories ? Kidding me ? Then they mad at me , re run the whole debt back to 1500. And just happened last few days I very struggled to borrowed from one of my colleague and pay that. At first he didn't said cannot bank in all into the account and force me to fast pay them before 7pm. Then I double confirm if I pay then clear all they said yes. Once I bank in they call me and scold who tell you bank in all into this account . But he didn't notify me at all before that and bank in how much then he said his boss will come and check with me if I bank in all into that account , the bank account will get freezed ? Is this real ? Then he forced me to said I only pay my defer payment if not the boss will come to my house ask for 10k sgd amount for the losses in the freeze axcount. Then I was stupid I told him I only pay defer. After the call, the guy which is not the boss say I need to re pay all my debt 1500 again and today need pay defer payment if not they threaten me that will come and let me 4ever remember this debt so on. And burn house , paint all the wall with I didn't pay them and kill me
. With evil laugh ,he said I didn't know who I deal with and don't know who are them how much power they have. He said if cannot pay then prepare yrself if not work for them to be a stupid guy bring oil and burn house down or paint wall. He keep calling me now and asking me to call back with deep voice like wanted to eat me..

Reaction score
Anyone please help.. what should I do now ? I borrowed from Illegal moneylenders first of all I tot they are legal. And once I borrowed he send me 1000 and says defer payment 300 and clear all is 1500 , defer payment need to pay for each 5days after and What they promised me to let me clear my debt was on last two weeks ago. But when the time comes by they just said their boss not allow any of their customer to clear the debt. Need pay 600 and wait until after CNY. So now after CNY I paid him around 1100 then they suddenly told me need to pay my defer payment 300. I was so mad and angry so I questioned them , you promised me to let me clear and now come up with stories ? Kidding me ? Then they mad at me , re run the whole debt back to 1500. And just happened last few days I very struggled to borrowed from one of my colleague and pay that. At first he didn't said cannot bank in all into the account and force me to fast pay them before 7pm. Then I double confirm if I pay then clear all they said yes. Once I bank in they call me and scold who tell you bank in all into this account . But he didn't notify me at all before that and bank in how much then he said his boss will come and check with me if I bank in all into that account , the bank account will get freezed ? Is this real ? Then he forced me to said I only pay my defer payment if not the boss will come to my house ask for 10k sgd amount for the losses in the freeze axcount. Then I was stupid I told him I only pay defer. After the call, the guy which is not the boss say I need to re pay all my debt 1500 again and today need pay defer payment if not they threaten me that will come and let me 4ever remember this debt so on. And burn house , paint all the wall with I didn't pay them and kill me
. With evil laugh ,he said I didn't know who I deal with and don't know who are them how much power they have. He said if cannot pay then prepare yrself if not work for them to be a stupid guy bring oil and burn house down or paint wall. He keep calling me now and asking me to call back with deep voice like wanted to eat me..

Sorry to hear of your situation. Stay calm and refer to the info here. PM if clueless. All the bros and sis are here for you.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Dazues

Reaction score
I'm unable to PM .. cus new account.. I'm afraid they come after the landlord or do something to us.

Messup

Reaction score
Haiz... another victim to scammers.

Stay calm.
-File police report (tell police the whole truth, seek their advices about “upcoming” harassments)
-Block their numbers
-Inform your next of kin (those that you had given their numbers to these scammers) very important, don’t let them have a shock when these scums can’t reach you and calls them.
-Inform your office (if you had given them your office number)
-Be vigilant
-install CCTV (if you want)

All the best to you, stay strong

Dazues

Reaction score
I didn't reply that person at all.. he keep calling .. is it the best way ? I mean if I blocked, they will be rage and do something else to us ?

Messup

Reaction score
I didn't reply that person at all.. he keep calling .. is it the best way ? I mean if I blocked, they will be rage and do something else to us ?

It depends if they will do anything to you if they can’t reach you.

But how much have you paid them in total already?

Reaction score

They are scammers, lying and using fear tactics is part of their mode of operation. File the police report, IO will advise you accordingly. DO NOT PAY THEM. Last but not least, if you feel unsafe or see suspicious characters in your neighbourhold, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL 999.

Once you hit 10 messages, you can PM but really all the information is already here.

hungryllama

Reaction score
I'm so dead... I given all the information including my office to them...

Don't panic, friend.. Block their numbers and don't pick up or respond to any unknown number. Important thing is not to let what they say unsettle you and cause you to do unwise things.

There are good tips in this forum here. If they have your home and office details, it might be good to talk to your family and boss or a trusted colleague about it. Tell them that you have been scammed, and let them know what to do if the harassment comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.