Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messup

Reaction score
yes reported , i even told spf is not my money , spf still tell me then the state bank will take away the $4k i said go ahead .

Nobody can speculate what SPF is going to say or do to you now. Just pray that you will be alright.

Do keep us in the loop after your meeting with your IO. If you are a top suspect, guess they won’t wait till the 28th for you to report.

CloudClau

Reaction score
Nobody can speculate what SPF is going to say or do to you now. Just pray that you will be alright.

Do keep us in the loop after your meeting with your IO. If you are a top suspect, guess they won’t wait till the 28th for you to report.

Oh suppose to report on 2 april by right ytd io called as me to go on 28 march

Messup

Reaction score
Oh suppose to report on 2 april by right ytd io called as me to go on 28 march

Just be honest and truthful.

Only you know what you had said or reported to your IO, try to collect as many details like communications or whatever just in case you need to present them

Last edited:

Shoba18

Reaction score
Hi there I need help..I own loanshark $1900 from 3 different person it's a weekly loan..they said if u clear I LL give monthly but till now I can't clear any 1of them I feel so depressed n thinking of where to get money to settlement.. I can't make a report I'm a single mother work permit holder if o make a report it will effect my job n MOM will banned me to work at Singapore.. I'm loss not sure wat to do and how to handle it.. I thought of not paying them but I afraid they will disturb my next kin..

I searched for contact info Google for legal lender end up they text me..

I really need a good advice to overcome this issue

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hi there I need help..I own loanshark $1900 from 3 different person it's a weekly loan..they said if u clear I LL give monthly but till now I can't clear any 1 of them I feel so depressed n thinking of where to get money to settlement.. I can't make a report I'm a single mother work permit holder if o make a report it will effect my job n MOM will banned me to work at Singapore.. I'm loss not sure wat to do and how to handle it.. I thought of not paying them but I afraid they will disturb my next kin..

there is no such thing as monthly loan dear .....

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there I need help..I own loanshark $1900 from 3 different person it's a weekly loan..they said if u clear I LL give monthly but till now I can't clear any 1of them I feel so depressed n thinking of where to get money to settlement.. I can't make a report I'm a single mother work permit holder if o make a report it will effect my job n MOM will banned me to work at Singapore.. I'm loss not sure wat to do and how to handle it.. I thought of not paying them but I afraid they will disturb my next kin..

Please don't do stupid things.
Never ever take up job offer by them such as lend your bank account or atm card.
Never ever take up the runner job such as splash paint or lock the gate.
Never ever sell your body for money as in prostitution.
Please go and make a Police report.
The only one can help you is Police and not any Tom, Dick and Harry in this forum.

Reaction score

Read this carefully, STOP PAYING! The more they pay the more they will make you pay, come back to the same point.

File police report, setup CCTV, brace for harassment.

Find a good job, recover from this, life will get better.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Rayquaza

Reaction score
Please refer to post #7994.
(Under the Moneylenders’ Act (revised edition 2010), when a bank account or ATM card of a person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in carrying on the business of unlicensed moneylending.)

Yes, he may fall within this clause. As Singapore Law is Guilty until proven innocent, hence, he has the onus is on him to prove his innocent. As such, gather all information to prove that you are the victim and that you have no intention to assist nor you were aware that such action has been carry out using your account.

sgbachelor

Reaction score
Hi, sorry I'm very new in this.. Just have a question to ask.
I actually enquire from a moneylender through one of the many sms es I received.
Gave him the details he needed and a copy of my ic but in the end, I decided not to borrow anything from him.. More like an "enquiry" on my side cos I kind of chicken out.. No account number was asked or given either.. My question is
Should I be worried abt the the personal information I've given him as in my ic details and all?

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually enquire from a moneylender through one of the many sms es I received.
Gave him the details he needed and a copy of my ic but in the end, I decided not to borrow anything from him.. More like an "enquiry" on my side cos I kind of chicken out.. No account number was asked or given either.. My question is
Should I be worried abt the the personal information I've given him as in my ic details and all?

I will disable my PayNow using mobile number and NRIC if any, and be EXTRA vigilant since these pp are holding a copy of my IC.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They may force loan by asking another victim to bank in the money.
You will be surprised if they manage to get your bank account.
Just monitor for any extra incoming money into your bank account.
If got any suspicious extra money, faster go and make police report.
Don't wait like some people until bank frozen the account.

sgbachelor

Reaction score
They may force loan by asking another victim to bank in the money.
You will be surprised if they manage to get your bank account.
Just monitor for any extra incoming money into your bank account.
If got any suspicious extra money, faster go and make police report.
Don't wait like some people until bank frozen the account.

Thanks, will be extra careful from now.. 🙏

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i think its good to invest cctv for your next kin in case anything happens

green72

Reaction score
For those who just discovered this post and are involved in or have been "supporting" UML but now want to stop, I suggest the following steps.

1. Stop paying. Close or transfer to new account.
2. Report to Police. Can be done online.Report everything to them, bank accounts of transfer, phone no., screenshots of harassment, ALL.
3. Stop communicating with them. Block incoming calls, sms and whatsapp messages. Change no if need be.
4. Inform/confess to family,trusted friends and workplace boss/supervisor. You need their support. They will initial scold you but long run will be your pillar of mental strength.
5. Install CCTV, get good one like dahua or hivision if can afford.
6. Brace for harassment. Call 999 asap. Don't deliberate.The faster and more frequent runner get caught by SPF, the better.
7. Wait it out.

These UMLs will assess if you fear them. If it's worth if you will report them to SPF and risk runners getting caught.

The leader is overseas, the one doing the dirty work, the runners, are actually victims themselves. Too bad some posters here had their account frozen. We need to kill off the money supply and let these UML starve to death.

All those steps feels like a steep mountain to climb. But the first step is to start the climb.

FYI, I'm at step 7.

Share here and many will support you.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think its good to invest cctv for your next kin in case anything happens

The person reluctant to make police report because she is foreigner.
I believe the home is rental.
Cannot anyhow install.
Need to make police report then seek town council approval.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who just discovered this post and are involved in or have been "supporting" UML but now want to stop, I suggest the following steps.

1. Stop paying. Close or transfer to new account.
2. Report to Police. Can be done online.Report everything to them, bank accounts of transfer, phone no., screenshots of harassment, ALL.
3. Stop communicating with them. Block incoming calls, sms and whatsapp messages. Change no if need be.
4. Inform/confess to family,trusted friends and workplace boss/supervisor. You need their support. They will initial scold you but long run will be your pillar of mental strength.
5. Install CCTV, get good one like dahua or hivision if can afford.
6. Brace for harassment. Call 999 asap. Don't deliberate.The faster and more frequent runner get caught by SPF, the better.
7. Wait it out.

These UMLs will assess if you fear them. If it's worth if you will report them to SPF and risk runners getting caught.

The leader is overseas, the one doing the dirty work, the runners, are actually victims themselves. Too bad some posters here had their account frozen. We need to kill off the money supply and let these UML starve to death.

All those steps feels like a steep mountain to climb. But the first step is to start the climb.

FYI, I'm at step 7.

Share here and many will support you.

This one... :vijayadmin:

green72

Reaction score
The person reluctant to make police report because she is foreigner.
I believe the home is rental.
Cannot anyhow install.
Need to make police report then seek town council approval.

There's a discussion on CCTV here.

A door peep hole camera with recordings can circumvent the need for approval, IMHO.
Can also install a motion sensing doorbell to alert.

She needs to outweigh whether to report and possibly get deported or continue to pay and feed the UML.
How long can she pay before she don't have enough to pay?
Start the climb out of the hell hole or stay and suffer.Only she can determine her fate.

For myself, not being cocky or egoistic, but I want them to harass my home again. I've roped in friends from adjacent blocks to be on standby. My sons friends also on standby. My neighbours are also on alert. Watching less and less of my CCTV live footage and motion detection alerts and more of actual TV programmes and movies instead.

I'm done with their harassment. Need to give them some and somemore. Started to go to movies and simple outing to enjoy life as I knew it. We need to move on and live our lives again and not be hindered by fear of harassment.

I have all the time and some resources to deal with them. I can continue to be sharp and ready to go even for a year. I'll deal mine my way.

Need to catch one runner to set as an example.

Last edited:

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That explains why SPF suspects you.

Did you report this $4k (multiple transactions?) to SPF when you do the report?

SPF only acts on the account when there are multiple reports from victims of UML tied to your compromised account.

UML plays with smaller amounts to "accommodate" to a larger loan ($1500 is considered a large amount to them), $4000 transaction is a figure that UML don't part with easily especially to an unknown account.

CloudClau

Reaction score
SPF only acts on the account when there are multiple reports from victims of UML tied to your compromised account.

UML plays with smaller amounts to "accommodate" to a larger loan ($1500 is considered a large amount to them), $4000 transaction is a figure that UML don't part with easily especially to an unknown account.

what SPF say is there is a few that deposit to my account , amounting to total of $4k , the one who report my account , deposit $500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.