Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
I have been victimised as well. Started as an ad on on carousell for iPhone installment then transferred me 500 saying that is required to create a record in their system. Then asked me to transfer them 909 in 10 days 200 on the 5th Day then 700 hundred on the 19th day. I paid the 200 thinking it was legit and I fully blame myself for that. After Paying the 200 , someone transferred me another 500 to my account without my knowledge. I then receive a message from WhatsApp saying my loan was approved when I didn’t even apply. This new person is asking for 700 repayment in 5 days and tomorrow is the 5th day. I realised that these 2 are connected and gathered my wits to report to the police last Thursday. I am still waiting for my IO to call me but no news yet I even called today to follow and will call again on Monday during office hours. Just this afternoon after 2 pm both guys sent me what’s app messages to my personal and office HP number l. The first guy with scam iPhone said he will send someone to my office while the 2nd guy sent me videos of burning doors and splatting paint. I am scared as hell but trying to be strong. I am scared to leave my room and I don’t know how to tell my Friend who is the owner of the house I am living in. I am trying to be vigilant and reading your posts here is giving me strenght. I am trying to look for counselling since I am starting to have sever anxiety because of this.

I am telling myself that I will face whatever happens but I won’t pay anymore. When I filed for the police report, the officer told me not to answer their calls and messages anymore. I have closed my account to prevent them from transferring any money and am thinking of changing my number too although I have blocked their numbers. I noticed that they usually only message via WhatsApp. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Hi dear. I am so sorry to hear what had happened. This idiots now have all sorts of ways to scam people. We need to be extra vigilant about it.

You have to come clean with the home owners. It's only fair for them to know and the fact is, you didnt even took the loan you wanted a phone installment instead they do a force loan on you.

Cut off all contacts like what the officer said. Dont pick up any unknown number for now. Lay low and be mentally and emotionally strong. They feed on our fear hence you gotta be firm and fight them.

If it gets too overwhelming, talk to someone you trust about it. This will help you out alot.

All the best ya sis. 💪💪

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi sis. Gradually you are doing fine.
I admire your strength and patience in helping others.
I am rather sad that we all can do this much.

Spf have a load of these problems on their hands. You know right, no swift action unless there is body injury or property damage.
I have full trust and faith in them.

Hi bro. All of us are in the same boat. It's nice to have someone or somewhere we can vent out our emotions to. Especially regarding LS. Many of us are skeptical to talk about this because dont want to lose face.

Ya its upsetting that we cant do much to help. Most I can help is giving some words of encouragement. All of us are not alone, even though we are strangers hopefully we'll be here to help out as much as we can. Of course we cant help out in terms of monetary la. 😂😂

LilladyJ

Reaction score
LilladyJ,

You should confide with your flat owner. If harassment occurs and they know your address, consider installing a cctv.
There has been many arrest recently where CCTV footage was used to identify and located the perpetrators.
Also fast action to call 999 on 13 Mar enable a runner to get arrested at the property.

You can see, fast action on the victim part helps themselves and SPF.

Thank You Green72 . Will try my best to be strong

LilladyJ

Reaction score
Hi dear. I am so sorry to hear what had happened. This idiots now have all sorts of ways to scam people. We need to be extra vigilant about it.

You have to come clean with the home owners. It's only fair for them to know and the fact is, you didnt even took the loan you wanted a phone installment instead they do a force loan on you.

Cut off all contacts like what the officer said. Dont pick up any unknown number for now. Lay low and be mentally and emotionally strong. They feed on our fear hence you gotta be firm and fight them.

If it gets too overwhelming, talk to someone you trust about it. This will help you out alot.

All the best ya sis. 💪💪

Makminah , I am still very anxious about it and trying to be strong somehow. I am going to talk to my Friend / flatowner . I hope she will understand my situation

Fear Less

Reaction score
Lady , you can always come here to drop a note or two. We are all pleased to talk to you.

Welcome aboard green72.
When I read this it was less than 100 pages. Now it jumped a few folds. I cant believe so so many are in this situation.

I got scammed too but only first round. Paid 600 from 400 received. I stood firm because I showed I was FEARLESS. The muther focker said "want to play hard" told him "my kock is hard enough for your mother" and never communicate with them anymore. I ignored all sorts of rubbish they sent.
Remember we are dealing with a SHADOW .
DONT FIGHT BACK . KEEP LOW PROFILE.

Makminah , I am still very anxious about it and trying to be strong somehow. I am going to talk to my Friend / flatowner . I hope she will understand my situation

green72

Reaction score
Lady , you can always come here to drop a note or two. We are all pleased to talk to you.

Welcome aboard green72.
When I read this it was less than 100 pages. Now it jumped a few folds. I cant believe so so many are in this situation.

I got scammed too but only first round. Paid 600 from 400 received. I stood firm because I showed I was FEARLESS. The muther focker said "want to play hard" told him "my kock is hard enough for your mother" and never communicate with them anymore. I ignored all sorts of rubbish they sent.
Remember we are dealing with a SHADOW .
DONT FIGHT BACK . KEEP LOW PROFILE.

Thanks.

I'm just paying it forward as people like urself,makminah,justiceleague and others here have provided guidance, encouragement and strength for me.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
thanks for the support Fear Less,

i have told my friend / flat owner today. i also told my husband back home. i am a foreigner alone working here in Singapore and it is quite challenging to handle it on my own. my friend / flat owner was quite understanding but she said her husband got angry at me for the situation. i told her i am willing to take responsibility for my actions. i am also planning to talk to my company director tomorrow by showing him the police report i made. i don't know what will happen after that. i am telling myself to be prepared for the worse. i offered my friend / flat owner to get cctv if she would like to since she is worried because the nanny and her kid are always in the house when we all work during weekdays. i feel very guilty for implicating this on their family. i adore her kids and they are the reason why i am surviving here in Singapore without my own kids back home. My friend convinced me to tell my husband and i did a few minutes ago. i was crying like crazy, something i was holding back from doing the past week since this happened. my husband is worried about me but has re-assured me that everything will be okay. he asked me to try not to be alone so that i will feel safe. i haven't received any messages from them since yesterday afternoon. i have blocked their numbers and any private number from my phone and so far it has been quiet. i stayed up last night with all my lights on and listing to any movement near the house. i hope and pray that they don't bother me anymore. after talking to my director tomorrow, i am also planning to call my IO to report the messages yesterday.

thank you everyone for your support. i really need it.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been victimised as well. Started as an ad on on carousell for iPhone installment then transferred me 500 saying that is required to create a record in their system. Then asked me to transfer them 909 in 10 days 200 on the 5th Day then 700 hundred on the 19th day. I paid the 200 thinking it was legit and I fully blame myself for that. After Paying the 200 , someone transferred me another 500 to my account without my knowledge. I then receive a message from WhatsApp saying my loan was approved when I didn’t even apply. This new person is asking for 700 repayment in 5 days and tomorrow is the 5th day. I realised that these 2 are connected and gathered my wits to report to the police last Thursday. I am still waiting for my IO to call me but no news yet I even called today to follow and will call again on Monday during office hours. Just this afternoon after 2 pm both guys sent me what’s app messages to my personal and office HP number l. The first guy with scam iPhone said he will send someone to my office while the 2nd guy sent me videos of burning doors and splatting paint. I am scared as hell but trying to be strong. I am scared to leave my room and I don’t know how to tell my Friend who is the owner of the house I am living in. I am trying to be vigilant and reading your posts here is giving me strenght. I am trying to look for counselling since I am starting to have sever anxiety because of this.

I am telling myself that I will face whatever happens but I won’t pay anymore. When I filed for the police report, the officer told me not to answer their calls and messages anymore. I have closed my account to prevent them from transferring any money and am thinking of changing my number too although I have blocked their numbers. I noticed that they usually only message via WhatsApp. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Don't understand.
You bought Iphone from Carousell, how come become borrow money from loan shark ? :s11:

Fear Less

Reaction score
Lady. To us, it does not matter where you are from. To the sharks they want to identify our weaknesses and prey on those.

Relax la. If your is a one -off , scammers dont call at your place and do physical harm. Scare tactics since your amount is small. Cctv will counter them if they ever visit you which I honestly doubt they will.

Prepare for sms bombardments as they are good at.
Advise people whom you gave numbers to scammer to ignore threats . Dont read .just ignore.
Also prepare to lose your job if your office does not condone problems like this.

I didnt block their threats. I let them in until their fingers are tired.

PM Makminah if you need someone to talk to, she can be a good comforting friend.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
Don't understand.
You bought Iphone from Carousell, how come become borrow money from loan shark ? :s11:

the add was for phone and instead of phone they transferred me cash saying its to create a record. they claim i will get a phone after i clear 900 out out of the 500 they transferred to me. yes, it may be a new tactic to attract. :sad:

Pencilvester

Reaction score
Hi, I am now having the same problems with two of these low lifes. My situation is a bit different, it was more of stupidity than desperation. Until now I have made two police reports. I didn't even realize that the first one I did a loan with was a loan shark until I had paid back twice the amount and realized he was taking me for a ride with the deferment nonsense. I then managed to stall him into thinking that my account is messed up and got him to help me cover my losses with a second loanshark, who I also later reported. I have no intention of paying them back and have made several phonecalls to them where I keng crying and saying that I got family problems la, what la.

In my experience, it is best to supplicate, supplicate and supplicate some more. The more you act dumb, the higher the chances of you being able to at least stall them. Don't act smart or tough. If possible also try to lie low and not agitate them even further than their disturbed childhood already did. Having said that, that won't be the end of your problems. I agree with some of the posters on here that more needs to be done to remove the stigma of getting paint splashed on your doors. I vow to never do this kind of stupid thing again and to help others who are in this predicament. Like someone before said, there must be a reason that some people have to turn to such means.

One of these lovely gentlemen is still calling me non-stop as I type this and apparently, his boss wants me dead. *nervous lol* If he didn't have my address, I certainly have some choice words for him. Until then, good luck everyone! Please PM me for ideas. Let's get work together and get rid of this rubbish.

Hey I was also in a situation although not as bad as yours. Need to get rid of this crap I agree

green72

Reaction score
thank you Fear Less i will PM Makminah.

Yes, important to let it out. I and the rest are in same situation like you. But finding this posts really help me focus and posters like makminah really calm me down.

I was a wreck few weeks back. Can't imagine how you manage it alone here. You need friends to talk to. Take care of your health, eat and drink. Don't think too much.

Post something here if you need to ease your mind.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
Yes, important to let it out. I and the rest are in same situation like you. But finding this posts really help me focus and posters like makminah really calm me down.

I was a wreck few weeks back. Can't imagine how you manage it alone here. You need friends to talk to. Take care of your health, eat and drink. Don't think too much.

Post something here if you need to ease your mind.

The waiting game is the hard part. I try to console myself thinking that I was able to tell my friend / flatowner about it. I do understand their disappointment though.
I will try my best to be strong and take each day at a time. I have blocked the numbers to get avoid the harassment somehow and will trust in the SPF and my IO. Reading all the helpful posts in this forum is very helpful and I really appreciate coming across with you guys. I think another difficult part is forgiving myself for not being cautious.

Kennaacam

Reaction score
THIS MAN CLAIM TO BE FROM CASH MART WHICH IS A LISCENSED MONEYLENDER. I LET MY GUARD DOWN AND PROVIDE MY PERSONAL DETAILS AS WELL AS PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT TO HIM. HE REQUESTED ME TO TAKE UP A SHORT TRIAL LOAN AS I AM A NEW CUSTOMER. 350 WAS CREDITED TO ME AND THAT WAS TO BE REPAID IN A WEEKS TIME AND AMOUNT WAS 750. AFTER THE PAYMENT MIKE TOLD ME THAT NEW REGULATION, HAVE TO TAKE ONE MORE TIME TRIAL LOAN OF THE SAME AMOUNT WHICH I STUPIDLY DO SO. ATLAS NO LOAN AMOUNT WAS APPROVED BUT THEY PROCEED TO CREDIT $700 TO ME WITHOUT ME ASKING FOR IT OR AGREED THIS TIME. I SENSE SOMETHING NIT WTONG AND MAKE A POLICE REPORT. MIKE STARTS THREATENING ME WITH SPAM CALLS AND MESSAGES PLUS CALLED BOTH MY OFFICE AND MY HUSBAND TOO. I LEARNT A LESSON FROM THIS SCAM. THEY ARE STILL DEMANDING 1K FROM ME WHICH I REFUSED TO AND THEY SAID THEY WILL KEEP SPAM CALLING MY OFFICE AND COME TO MY HOUSE. I have installed cctv at home now.

My question here is how Long will this go on? I have informed my firm about the situation and they understand that I am a victim but I fear for the safely of my love ones. Any one can share?

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i have told my friend / flat owner today. i also told my husband back home. i am a foreigner alone working here in Singapore and it is quite challenging to handle it on my own. my friend / flat owner was quite understanding but she said her husband got angry at me for the situation. i told her i am willing to take responsibility for my actions. i am also planning to talk to my company director tomorrow by showing him the police report i made. i don't know what will happen after that. i am telling myself to be prepared for the worse. i offered my friend / flat owner to get cctv if she would like to since she is worried because the nanny and her kid are always in the house when we all work during weekdays. i feel very guilty for implicating this on their family. i adore her kids and they are the reason why i am surviving here in Singapore without my own kids back home. My friend convinced me to tell my husband and i did a few minutes ago. i was crying like crazy, something i was holding back from doing the past week since this happened. my husband is worried about me but has re-assured me that everything will be okay. he asked me to try not to be alone so that i will feel safe. i haven't received any messages from them since yesterday afternoon. i have blocked their numbers and any private number from my phone and so far it has been quiet. i stayed up last night with all my lights on and listing to any movement near the house. i hope and pray that they don't bother me anymore. after talking to my director tomorrow, i am also planning to call my IO to report the messages yesterday.

get a cctv my friend in case anything happens :)

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
**** you lah. All cap words.

THIS MAN CLAIM TO BE FROM CASH MART WHICH IS A LISCENSED MONEYLENDER. I LET MY GUARD DOWN AND PROVIDE MY PERSONAL DETAILS AS WELL AS PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT TO HIM. HE REQUESTED ME TO TAKE UP A SHORT TRIAL LOAN AS I AM A NEW CUSTOMER. 350 WAS CREDITED TO ME AND THAT WAS TO BE REPAID IN A WEEKS TIME AND AMOUNT WAS 750. AFTER THE PAYMENT MIKE TOLD ME THAT NEW REGULATION, HAVE TO TAKE ONE MORE TIME TRIAL LOAN OF THE SAME AMOUNT WHICH I STUPIDLY DO SO. ATLAS NO LOAN AMOUNT WAS APPROVED BUT THEY PROCEED TO CREDIT $700 TO ME WITHOUT ME ASKING FOR IT OR AGREED THIS TIME. I SENSE SOMETHING NIT WTONG AND MAKE A POLICE REPORT. MIKE STARTS THREATENING ME WITH SPAM CALLS AND MESSAGES PLUS CALLED BOTH MY OFFICE AND MY HUSBAND TOO. I LEARNT A LESSON FROM THIS SCAM. THEY ARE STILL DEMANDING 1K FROM ME WHICH I REFUSED TO AND THEY SAID THEY WILL KEEP SPAM CALLING MY OFFICE AND COME TO MY HOUSE. I have installed cctv at home now.

My question here is how Long will this go on? I have informed my firm about the situation and they understand that I am a victim but I fear for the safely of my love ones. Any one can share?

green72

Reaction score
**** you lah. All cap words.

Yes, why the CAPS, he need to read at least last 10 pages.

I sometimes wonder these 1st time post are true victims or otherwise. You really can feel those really seeking help because you experience the same.

Last edited:

Fear Less

Reaction score
Wah lau eh Pencil you can bother to dig up this piece of history. This man Sharuu knocked some wisdom into my head.

I hope you stand in good steed. Cheers.

Hey I was also in a situation although not as bad as yours. Need to get rid of this crap I agree
Pencilvester*06:38 PM Today

Originally Posted by*Sharuu:
Hi, I am now having the same problems with two of these low lifes. My situation is a bit different, it was more of stupidity than desperation.......... Let's get work together and get rid of this rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.