Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
That what i did. Now roll up to 3 LS liao n payment is 1st payment.

Report to the police and cut off all contacts with them. Dont be afraid of them. They start to raise their voice and shout to scare you off only. Man up and fight them back. They feed on our fear. They know we fear of losing face, fear family will get to know, fear to lose our job hence they will feed on them to extort more money from you.

Please dont do any transaction with them. Please dont fall for their treaths and please dont work for them.

Hopefully things will get better. Hold on strong alright! Jiayou! 💪💪

Makminah

Reaction score
No i didnt give them any account number.. i cant inform my parents they r already struggling financially so i have to support myself.. if i borrowed the money i dont mind returning but now dont know if i transfer the 500 will be end of story anot.. dont dare to make police report also

Brother, if you transfer them $500 it will never end. They will see you as an easy target and will demand more from you. Why wait 1 month then ask for cancellation tee if they are really legit company. And also you did not sign any black and white with them so no need to be afraid.
Come clean with the police and parents. If you are scared to tell your parents the truth, tell them your I/C was stolen and you got scammed. At least they know about it. Who did you put as your NOK? Inform them as this LS will contact your NOK once they cant get thru you.

Makminah

Reaction score
Haiz.... at the expense of those innocent delivery guys and companies

I know right. Pity those innocent people who got involved without realising it. Use to be they order from Mcd, KFC in large amount and send now Lalamove.

Sickening to the max this mother f*ckers. 😑

Makminah

Reaction score
I can PM you a CCTV to recommend if you wish. And yes, if you tell people truthfully about your problems, they will be sensible and help.

Don't worry about the I/O difficult to contact. Mine only communicate via email. I guess SPF have assign you one and provided an email address. If you need advice or have info to provide I/O, just email will suffice. Mine was so busy that he never returned my calls but do reply my emails. He only provided his office number btw.

Most I/O will only provide their hp number if your case is really big. If not you gotta contact them via office number only. Mine until now didnt contact me at all. Last I spoke to him he told me there is nothing much that he can do unless there is physically damage to you or your property.

But thank god nothing happened. And it's been about 3 months since my last contact with them. I didnt install CCTV, change number, close account or block their number. I leave them as it is and eventually they stopped cause they wont get anything from me.

green72

Reaction score
How did they grab hold of my name unit address and even my bank acct details? can anyone enlighten me?

Doesn't matter and it's a waste of time and energy thinking too much about it.

1. Install a CCTV since they have your address.
2. Close and Open another bank account if you feel more secure.
3. Block private numbers to Hp using an app Call Blocker by VLAD Lee

Good Luck.

Trustdade

Reaction score
How was ur loan like n did u oay them?

Most I/O will only provide their hp number if your case is really big. If not you gotta contact them via office number only. Mine until now didnt contact me at all. Last I spoke to him he told me there is nothing much that he can do unless there is physically damage to you or your property.

But thank god nothing happened. And it's been about 3 months since my last contact with them. I didnt install CCTV, change number, close account or block their number. I leave them as it is and eventually they stopped cause they wont get anything from me.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No i didnt give them any account number.. i cant inform my parents they r already struggling financially so i have to support myself.. if i borrowed the money i dont mind returning but now dont know if i transfer the 500 will be end of story anot.. dont dare to make police report also

Stupid until cannot stupid.
Don't pay anything. Not even 1 cent.
Are you Singaporean ? You are not first time in Singapore right ?
You eat until so big, got see any news published on Strait Times got Ah Long burn the whole family until become roast pork ? Do you see any Ah Long cut debtor become 18 pieces ? :s11:
Ah Long or Gangster in Singapore is just another rat .
If you are foreigner and live at oversea, then is different story.
Tomorrow go and make a police report.
Tell the Police everything.
No need worry.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Under the Act, a person using their bank account or ATM card to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender is presumed to have helped in the continuation of the business.

First-time offenders may be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, be jailed for up to four years and can be caned up to six strokes.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting acts of harassment will be fined between $5,000 and $50,000, be jailed for up to five years and be caned between three and six strokes.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ng-activities-after-four-day-police-operation

purpledragon84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they have me virtual picture of my ic.. and they threaten me to post my face on facebook and have my father name.. i dont want my family's life to be disrupted.. we r honest ppl and i work to pay for my education.. didnt know they were loansharks.. should i really just ignore?

just ignore. if u never borrow, they wun come and find trouble. if they do, report police. if u borrowed, they might persist, but if u didnt, they will spend their "resources" elsewhere after a while.

green72

Reaction score

Don't pay, don't contact. Just go make police report. No need to think so much or feel guilty about borrow and never pay.

Got read or not post #8191? U pay means u are suspect of providing services for those loan sharks. Your bank account will be frozen if other victims report your account transfer to them.

That's what happen when u pay, it's your money transfer to another borrower.

Again, Don't pay, don't contact.

Makminah

Reaction score

Unfortunately I did pay them up. But keep on asking me to defer. Give me 1001 reasons why I cannot clear account. And I didnt even want to take up the loan. It was a force loan. I paid 3x the amount the transferred me. Every week I had to pay $550 of deferement fee to this idiots. It last me about a month before I cut off all contact.

Of course the harassment started once I stopped. They called my NOK and workplace. I come clean to everyone around me. Definitely some people were dissapointed but they're still very supportive. What I am trying to say here is that, dont overthink too much. Some are lucky enough to get harass only via texts and calls. Some are not soo lucky and got runners going up their house. The thing is, we made the mistake. We gotta face the consequences. Getting you door splashed with paint, gate lock, or losing your job is not the end of the world. Take it as a chance for you to start over.
I am saying this because I was there in your shoes before. Everyone here was once there. We understand how frustrating it is. Not knowing when they will strike or how they will strike. Hence why worry about something you cant control.
Life goes on. You still gotta eat, work and etc. You got bills to pay, family to take care of and a future ahead of you.

Do whatever seem necessary to you and go on with life. Man up and fight them back. Once you fall for their threats, its a never ending cycle.

Stay strong and safe alright.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if really need, get a cctv in case you need evidence :)

Trustdade

Reaction score
Actually hor should set up a Ls grp to hiong them make them scared to loan.

Unfortunately I did pay them up. But keep on asking me to defer. Give me 1001 reasons why I cannot clear account. And I didnt even want to take up the loan. It was a force loan. I paid 3x the amount the transferred me. Every week I had to pay $550 of deferement fee to this idiots. It last me about a month before I cut off all contact.

Of course the harassment started once I stopped. They called my NOK and workplace. I come clean to everyone around me. Definitely some people were dissapointed but they're still very supportive. What I am trying to say here is that, dont overthink too much. Some are lucky enough to get harass only via texts and calls. Some are not soo lucky and got runners going up their house. The thing is, we made the mistake. We gotta face the consequences. Getting you door splashed with paint, gate lock, or losing your job is not the end of the world. Take it as a chance for you to start over.
I am saying this because I was there in your shoes before. Everyone here was once there. We understand how frustrating it is. Not knowing when they will strike or how they will strike. Hence why worry about something you cant control.
Life goes on. You still gotta eat, work and etc. You got bills to pay, family to take care of and a future ahead of you.

Do whatever seem necessary to you and go on with life. Man up and fight them back. Once you fall for their threats, its a never ending cycle.

Stay strong and safe alright.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Zrivebao
I hope you are still around to read this.
Let our uncles lecture you on stupidity is better than you fall into their trap.
You are only 19 and can have a great future.
DO NOT BE SCARED.
DO NOT BORROW ANYMORE.
DO NOT WORK FOR THESE BUSTURDS.

I can help you talk to your parents if you make a police report.

Originally Posted by*Zrivebao:

Stupid until cannot stupid.
Don't pay anything. Not even 1 cent.
Are you Singaporean ? You are not first time in Singapore right ?
You eat until so big, got see any news published on Strait Times got Ah Long burn the whole family until become roast pork ? Do you see any Ah Long cut debtor become 18 pieces ? :s11:
Ah Long or Gangster in Singapore is just another rat .
If you are foreigner and live at oversea, then is different story.
Tomorrow go and make a police report.
Tell the Police everything.
No need worry.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
Sis. Get your colleagues to filter those calls. Before acknowledging them. Ask them who they are, where they call from and what is it regarding about. If sounds fishy tell them you're in a meeting or not at work.
If you're the one picking up the calls then it's easier to detect. After a week or so just tell them you no longer work there. I did that and no more calls after that. Hope this helps

Thank you Makminah. I am bracing myself for what's to come. I just hope they don't come to my house or office.

Last edited:

Fear Less

Reaction score
Trustdade
You racked up 3 ls.
I am sure you cant pay back.
SO DONT PAY BACK.

please listen to our bro SuperLost.
You took first loan and many more will want to lend you.
There is an alert button because they are from the same family.

Trustdade .. dun need to care about the loan is new or not ... no what u need to do is to report to police in this issue .. and stop answer their call... dun ever think to loan from another stall to pay ..it will make thing wrost... what I can tell u is most of them are link or from the same boss... so just ignore them.. dun pay dun answer phone call ... if u happen to answer their call just reaply wrong number and hand up... f care them ...stat strong noting much they can do to u ... the most just throw paint only ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.