Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Messup
Nice to hear you and all here who contribute their experience.

Aiya they can say I screwed their wives in my dream and would still make their demands.
Lost for words to describe them .

I have no more problem after a month or so because they moved on to other soft target.

The sad thing is that she’s not even thinking of getting a loan from ML instead she’s trying to get a phone.

Messup

Reaction score
Messup
Nice to hear you and all here who contribute their experience.

Aiya they can say I screwed their wives in my dream and would still make their demands.
Lost for words to describe them .

I have no more problem after a month or so because they moved on to other soft target.

Just giving a little whenever I can cos I know how it feels when gotten into the situation.

Mine is almost 3 months since they last tried to contact me.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Thats why I called you superman ma .
You can tahan all their nonsense.

Up up and away.

That
Either tahan their nonsense or tahan kena millk by them...choose one..my neighbours are supportive..that y I not scare of them send letters to my neighbor

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
To all victims,

7 years ago..i had more than 30 to 40 uml & lml..had max out my credit card with more $120k.my debts is close to half a million.
I had lost all my friends, my fiancee left me and i even try to end my life. Im lucky that the bottle of bleach i drank dint kill me.

There are solutions to all problems.Be optimistic and positive. I had been through all.Im still struggling but at least im turning around.

I will try to share how i turn my life around shortly.

Guess is due to gambling addiction..

chulu2810

Reaction score
From my saga, money affects to all irregularless of friends or family. U will see a lot. In end, ownself have to be strong to face n move on to grow to be better. What don kill u, make u stronger.

You still don't get what I mean mah?
Read carefully,the people who try to borrow money from LS or UML or lml that mean they can't seek help from anybody already. Who want to pay so high interest? Who want to busy with LS? But because they can't find anybody help already so simple.

My cases too, I lost everything, lost job, lost family, lost friend. And now just start new life with new friends new boss new environment.

I feel very sad sometimes when I read addvice that said ask we all to come clean with family, because after come clean the problem get worse than keep in the dark, that why some of us try to solve the problems by ourselves before tell family.

Not all of us lucky to have supported from family, lost everything like me is exsample.

chulu2810

Reaction score
U r a strong example of strong will.
Myself, i still have business debt.

跌落谷底必定会反弹。

💪👍👏👏👏

To all victims,

7 years ago..i had more than 30 to 40 uml & lml..had max out my credit card with more $120k.my debts is close to half a million.
I had lost all my friends, my fiancee left me and i even try to end my life. Im lucky that the bottle of bleach i drank dint kill me.

There are solutions to all problems.Be optimistic and positive. I had been through all.Im still struggling but at least im turning around.

I will try to share how i turn my life around shortly.

chulu2810

Reaction score
No problem. Most welcome.
We shared our experience/encounter to over come this.

When at first i encounter them, i also seek comfort & advise reading this forum.

Now my side quiet. Believe mostly overseas LS. I do have 3x local LS n also light chaser.
Cross finger but i also ready for them.

Thank you for the advise. I did not pay them anything at all cos never take any loan from them and they can't transfer also as no account information given.
I've delink my PayNow and paylah as well.
So far quiet as I've blocked their number.
No disturbance to workplace or NOK.
Hopefully it stays that way but thank you for the tips and advise 🙏

chulu2810

Reaction score
Now i stop all & report them. Manage to gain some peace. My NOK also quiet now.

That's good. I will be reporting the number to WhatsApp within these few days time. Not sure will they ban it permanently but hopefully. So they will loss every conversations that they have. Their only communication platform is WhatsApp.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
Hopefully it wont happen but if it happens, its not the end of the world. Take it as an oppurtunity to start over.

Yes they are vicious hence we should not show any fear to them. Its just sad that she didnt even ask for a loan, she just wanted a new phone installment. 💔😔

Makminah & Fearless. i really do hope it doesnt happen but nevertheless, i am trying to prepare myself.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
Hang on sis. Report all this harassment to I/O. I guess your office building have security guard and CCTV.

I hope your boss is helpful and feels your are victimized rather than causing him and the Co a fuss.

Continue to stay strong. Remember, if the UMLs sense fear in you, they will eat you for breakfast. Continue to show them you are not afraid of them, even if you are wreck at the moment. We understand how you feel.

Thank you green72, yes my company has cctv all over and even one in my own office. i dont think that they will take the risk of coming in the office. i am trying to be firm and strong. sometimes there are sad days with lots of tears but i am glad that my company somehow understands. i just hope this will stop soon.

i received a call from my IO this morning. he advised me about what i should do and that was a bit reassuring. he also said that my case has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department - Singapore Police Force.

i am waiting for the the town council's approval so we can proceed with the cctv. same advise from the officer:

1. do not reply. block them.
2. do not pay
3. disregard any messages and inform NOK and Company to disregard them
4. if they speak to someone in the company advise them that you no longer work there.

He said that they will never go to the workplace. he also said that chances of them going to the residence is also low. to feel more secured , install cctv.

call him for any updates about the incident. They are not here in Singapore and operate based on whatsapp etc. inform friends and colleagues about those malicious posts and numbers that are involved.

stay strong and call 999 for emergencies.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
No problem. Most welcome.
We shared our experience/encounter to over come this.

When at first i encounter them, i also seek comfort & advise reading this forum.

Now my side quiet. Believe mostly overseas LS. I do have 3x local LS n also light chaser.
Cross finger but i also ready for them.

My Io said most ls operate oversea..don't even dare to come bk in Singapore..coz once they are back they will be caught..

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Io said most ls operate oversea..don't even dare to come bk in Singapore..coz once they are back they will be caught..

Thank you green72, yes my company has cctv all over and even one in my own office. i dont think that they will take the risk of coming in the office. i am trying to be firm and strong. sometimes there are sad days with lots of tears but i am glad that my company somehow understands. i just hope this will stop soon.

i received a call from my IO this morning. he advised me about what i should do and that was a bit reassuring. he also said that my case has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department - Singapore Police Force.

i am waiting for the the town council's approval so we can proceed with the cctv. same advise from the officer:

1. do not reply. block them.
2. do not pay
3. disregard any messages and inform NOK and Company to disregard them
4. if they speak to someone in the company advise them that you no longer work there.

He said that they will never go to the workplace. he also said that chances of them going to the residence is also low. to feel more secured , install cctv.

call him for any updates about the incident. They are not here in Singapore and operate based on whatsapp etc. inform friends and colleagues about those malicious posts and numbers that are involved.

stay strong and call 999 for emergencies.

Those you saw caught in the news are desperate people who work as runner. Some are just debtors themselves who can't paid up or need some extra cash. Loan Shark is hiding oversea to con people virtually and get easy money.

Adam0210

Reaction score
Hi all.

I just recently accidentally borrowed from a loan shark. I was desperate that the loan from a licensed miney lwnder will not be approve. I tried to borrow 1k. But they only transfer 150. I had paid in total of 400. Will they still harass me and my family? What is the best thing to do. I plead to them that that’s all I have. I was stupid and desperate.

Thanks for the future response.

LilladyJ

Reaction score
Hi Adam0210, please cut off all contact, block them. file for a police report if you can and tell your next of kin just in case you gave them all your details - home address - workplace address and other important contacts. be firm. they are scary but we have to be strong. my investigating officer told me that the best response to them is no response. close your bank account if they about it and open a new one. change your contact numbers as well.

Trustdade

Reaction score
Yes go make a report la. I at first isi scared this scared that but think think knn scared smlj. Wan come jus come la how long u can tahan. Be firm. Dun pay.

Hi all.

I just recently accidentally borrowed from a loan shark. I was desperate that the loan from a licensed miney lwnder will not be approve. I tried to borrow 1k. But they only transfer 150. I had paid in total of 400. Will they still harass me and my family? What is the best thing to do. I plead to them that that’s all I have. I was stupid and desperate.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

How can you accidentally borrow money one ?
If you don't response to their message and give them all the details, how are they going to bank in money ?
No need think about it, they confirm will harassed you and family because they want easy money. You are like big fat cash cow to them.
What you need to do now is faster go and make a police report.
Stop any contact with them, change the number if can.
Use the police report go and get approval from town council to install CCTV.
Have a good night sleep.
Don't lose a sleep because of them,Boh Chup them.

Mike-2806

Reaction score
Wa...long story leh..haha..anyway like all the comments by the senior here. The uml are only taking advantage of our fear..as long as you had paid enough,need not fear them..they might come once or twice, but dont give in, by paying them we are only funding them more money to hire more runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.