Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok I will . Now the problem is ,hope they will not come me home to disturb or do other funny thing

You got read all the history in this thread ?
They confirm will send someone come.
No worry as long as you already made police report.
Just follow the police instructions.
Actually I pity those runners.
They are maybe debtors them self who are desperate for money.
Meanwhile those real LS stay behind the light scam people money.

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
You got read all the history in this thread ?
They confirm will send someone come.
No worry as long as you already made police report.
Just follow the police instructions.
Actually I pity those runners.
They are maybe debtors them self who are desperate for money.
Meanwhile those real LS stay behind the light scam people money.

Yes I have readed though the past six month and now i just have to prepare for they to come if it happens .
Just want to know how long will it stop ??
Weeks month or year

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I have readed though the past six month and now i just have to prepare for they to come if it happens .
Weeks month or year

Have you tell your parents ?
Use the police report and get approval from town council to install cctv.
Can buy CCTV from Mustaffa.

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wanna share my story here. I have been dealing with UML since January tis year till now. I have donated around 2k to them and recently i got a force loan from them which i didnt agree with it. So i make a report and hand over the money to the police to handle it. I have been recieve msg from them to burn , lovk spray paint on my unit. But i have cctv outside my house and i welcome them. Its a scam guys. No need to be afraid of them. They can only scare u in whatapps or calls. Just be strong & ignore them. Dont ever let them feel u are fear to them. They will definitely milk you dry. Be strong. Start new life move on. Dun ever trust those scams again.

How it happened,care to share . And I can know also

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok I will go Mustafa to look for the CCTV.
Parents I have told them already

You don't confront them or keep in touch with them.
If got any harassment, faster go and look for the Police Officer in charge of your case.
You are safe in Singapore because of the SPF hard work.

Trustdade

Reaction score
But do take note of the new tactic they using.

Now they are using Lalamove and macdonald to act as thier runner. Therefore when they reach ur house they will ask the driver to pass u the phone n speak to you.

Ok I will . Now the problem is ,hope they will not come me home to disturb or do other funny thing

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But do take note of the new tactic they using.

Now they are using Lalamove and macdonald to act as thier runner. Therefore when they reach ur house they will ask the driver to pass u the phone n speak to you.

Moneylenders' Act (Revised Edition 2010)

Those found guilty of carrying on or assisting with the a business of unlicensed moneylending for the first time can be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed up to four years and liable to up to six strokes of the cane.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment can be jailed up to five years, fined between $5,000 and $50,000, and can receive between three and six strokes of the cane.

Anyone found guilty of giving false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks can be jailed for up to 12 months.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...k-activities-in-3-day-operation-by-cid-police

unluckeyguy

Reaction score

Those found guilty of carrying on or assisting with the a business of unlicensed moneylending for the first time can be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed up to four years and liable to up to six strokes of the cane.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment can be jailed up to five years, fined between $5,000 and $50,000, and can receive between three and six strokes of the cane.

Anyone found guilty of giving false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks can be jailed for up to 12 months.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...k-activities-in-3-day-operation-by-cid-police

Thank for the new . I can prevent it from answer and let my parents know about their tactics.

unluckeyguy

Reaction score

Hi all , my parents just call me and said that there is somebody look for me . What should I do

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all , my parents just call me and said that there is somebody look for me . What should I do

1) You are Singaporean
2) You stay in Singapore
3) You never borrow from loan shark
4) You made a police report

Why are you so worry ? :s11:

Faster go to Town council with the police report and apply for approval to install the CCTV.
Just go to 24 hours Mustaffa buy the HD 1080p CCTV.
Give the CCTV footage to police if runners dare to show face again to harass your family.
You got nothing to lose.
The runners future confirm down the drain after come out from the jail.:vijayadmin:

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
1) You are Singaporean
2) You stay in Singapore
3) You never borrow from loan shark
4) You made a police report

Why are you so worry ? :s11:

Faster go to Town council with the police report and apply for approval to install the CCTV.
Just go to 24 hours Mustaffa buy the HD 1080p CCTV.
Give the CCTV footage to police if runners dare to show face again to harass your family.
You got nothing to lose.
The runners future confirm down the drain after come out from the jail.:vijayadmin:

Cause is the first time Happened to me .I just double check with my parents ,they only call them and said that there is someone look for me on the phone and want to pass so thing to me .

Messup

Reaction score
Cause is the first time Happened to me .I just double check with my parents ,they only call them and said that there is someone look for me on the phone and want to pass so thing to me .

They telephone your parents? Or someone went to your house and tell your parents that someone want to speak with you on their phone? :s11:

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
Hi guy ,thank you all for the encouragement, at least I know what to do when this type of think happen . And I wish that everyone here with this LS problem can get through in a good way .thank you all

Reaction score
Weeks month or year

The faster you ignore them, the faster you don't react to them, no matter what they do, the faster they give up. Ever time harass you, file a police report. Anytime you see anything suspicious or people, don't hesitate to call 999.

Spidie

Reaction score
I believe all our contact are given by the license money lender to the unlicensed one. Base on my experience.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

sp33d33

Reaction score
Hi all, If you are facing with any installments or debt issues with the moneylenders, please approach Blessed Grace Social Services. They are able to help you restructure your loans.

For loansharks issues, you can approach too. They have valuable advise on how to deal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.