Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barsheep92

Reaction score
For those who have made the necessary actions, try to live your life as normal as possible.

If these LS send runners or some innocent courier people to you house,do not engage them. Instead call SPF.

Just to share again my previous experience, after they send 2 guys with trolley to my unit, I called 999 but they left b4 SPF arrives.
This come in succession of harassment via phone to my, nok and office numbers since previous day.

SPF sent Police officers to my unit twice a day for a period of time following that visit. Glad to see them through my CCTV alerts. Yes, SPF do take action once there is " official visit".

These LS just want to instill fear in us especially if they sense they are losing their "customer". And especially errant ones like me who refuse to "pay up".

So trust the SPF. Cannot emphasize enough to report immediately to your I/O for updates and 999 for immediate help if you suspect anything outside your house.

The amount they transfer is still with me as advised by my I/O and bank. It's their loss. Not a single cent was return.

The amount transfer is the a force loan or you burrow from them. Just asking. Haha. Seriously 1-0

Barsheep92

Reaction score
Hi, My mom just told me to transfer the money back cause don’t want them to harass our house. Many small kids. Aft transfer $500 then block them everywhere but right now I’m asking them for their account and they didn’t reply.

How much did you owe them. $500 is the amount you loan? Why you asking them for account when you already transferred.

zonda_r

Reaction score
Do i have to get my own camera?. Or the police will provide?

Just buy from q10 or anywhere also can those camera capable of 24h recording can liao remember to insert 32gb card and place the camera in your house with the lens facing out towards corridor as long the whole camera is in your house dont think the policd will mind

D20203

Reaction score
Hi Bro and Sis,

Just came to know after reading so much on this web than just decide that the same faith happens to me and to all of us here. Which you all claims it's a loan scam. After thinking back what you guys refer to your stories here, actually it's almost same as mine.

Request for a loan, given details for monthly repayment than got a weekly loan which resulted into defer and defer process only without repaying actual loan amount at all. Live in fears and got lots of texts messages coming in or to your NOK.

For me, my wife have been supportive and even into finding ways to get money to pay off my loan to this UML. Cause everyday only defer defer defer till my main sum didn't even pay a single cent. I didn't know they are UML till when I unable to pay keep texting me and also sending video of my house being knocked by one of his runners and also send broken windscreen of cars and claims it's their so called works by them.

I think mostly of this scam it's by malaysian chinese using local calls numbers. They have alot of numbers they use to call, maybe we post their numbers here to see if we are into the same UML?

Is there a way to block them not directly whatsapp, but to report to whatsapp their number to whatsapp email or something? can someone advise here, many thanks. As mind have been breaking down on me and my relationship with my wife is getting from bad to worse.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/fhVLGQ2cjKI .... y must post video of themselves taking loan and show ic somemore haizz

This one already consider better already.
Saw those at China one, the lady naked with IC leh.

b0100075.jpg

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2016/12/...sharks-make-female-debtors-take-nude-selfies/

zonda_r

Reaction score
Hi Bro and Sis,

Just came to know after reading so much on this web than just decide that the same faith happens to me and to all of us here. Which you all claims it's a loan scam. After thinking back what you guys refer to your stories here, actually it's almost same as mine.

Request for a loan, given details for monthly repayment than got a weekly loan which resulted into defer and defer process only without repaying actual loan amount at all. Live in fears and got lots of texts messages coming in or to your NOK.

For me, my wife have been supportive and even into finding ways to get money to pay off my loan to this UML. Cause everyday only defer defer defer till my main sum didn't even pay a single cent. I didn't know they are UML till when I unable to pay keep texting me and also sending video of my house being knocked by one of his runners and also send broken windscreen of cars and claims it's their so called works by them.

I think mostly of this scam it's by malaysian chinese using local calls numbers. They have alot of numbers they use to call, maybe we post their numbers here to see if we are into the same UML?

Is there a way to block them not directly whatsapp, but to report to whatsapp their number to whatsapp email or something? can someone advise here, many thanks. As mind have been breaking down on me and my relationship with my wife is getting from bad to worse.

First of all have a good talk with your wife admit it your fault for landing the family into this mess . Explain to her the suitation currently tell her now is not the time to point fingers or scolding , get together face this problem bravely . block their numbers report as spam, dont transfer any money to them and dont ever do as what they told u to do. If possible change number and report to police , install your own camera for defence remember to on it 24hrs . As what i always say the uml aka loan scammer mess up your life and they now even threaten u , stand up to them . What can they do spray paint?, lock door ? If this happen even better police can straight away take action i ensure u within a short period sure tio catch de . For now just live life normally even they come F them hello this is singapore hor not malaysia or indo

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro and Sis,

Whose fault for getting to this stage ?
All the advices already repeated for so many times.
Everyday got some people like you and lazy to read at least 20 pages.
Why are you so lazy and never read the history ?
Just read the post #8708 if you want the quick summary. ;)

vipertay88

Reaction score
I only provide my IC and give them the Singpass to log in.

I agree they are so smart that they can find all details on where you work and your occupation etc

Yes, all numbers are starting with +65 and I have blocked every single of them.

All these LS is singapore are just runners and they do not dare to come up as they are CCTV at the lift lobby. Will install a CCTV outside my house too.

Thanks for the advise

Erm did u provide anything? How you got the loan? U got borrow before License wan ? Basically they have thier way to find out what they wan. They have moneu what they wan easily can settle. But impt now is be frank with ur family members n company on this, i dun think company will sack u cause of this unless u arenin uniform grp. Jus remember num +65 infront is likely to be called from them. So if pissible jus change num lor. Anyway jus dun bother so much la. What can they do? They cannot do much. At most harnessing nia n maybe u sway kena splash paint n lock gate nia. Go install camera in front of ur house to safe guard . They are more scared them u when they come

vipertay88

Reaction score
I always hang up when I heard.

The problem is house phone cannot block them off and they will keep calling and calling

Have installed a camera so if they come up, they will go away if they noticed the CCTV

Just hang up the phone if they call no point talking to them. Remember to install camera with 24h recording from your house window pointing outward.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only provide my IC and give them the Singpass to log in.

I agree they are so smart that they can find all details on where you work and your occupation etc

Yes, all numbers are starting with +65 and I have blocked every single of them.

All these LS is singapore are just runners and they do not dare to come up as they are CCTV at the lift lobby. Will install a CCTV outside my house too.

Thanks for the advise

You are Singaporean right ?
Singpass can login to CPF website and see the contributions by who mah.
So difficult to log in to CPF website with Singpass meh ? :s11:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always hang up when I heard.

The problem is house phone cannot block them off and they will keep calling and calling

Have installed a camera so if they come up, they will go away if they noticed the CCTV

Change the phone number.

Reaction score
Hi Bro and Sis,

Pls take a moment to read the last 10 pages. If you are still paying, STOP right now! Report the whole case to the police, you can do online e-report.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Here's an update: when this scam happened to me it was in 2017. After i followed the police advice (i.e. change number, close account) everything was quiet.

So imagine to my surprise when at 1400hrs today i received a whatsapp message with a video of a house gate burning with an O$P$ message next to it.

Luckily there is an npc nearby so i went to make a report.

Sigh ... when will this **** end? Even after two years, this thing is back to bother me. Have to stay strong and alert. My parents are old, if those shits do anything to my home, i'll do anything to protect my home and family

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's an update: when this scam happened to me it was in 2017. After i followed the police advice (i.e. change number, close account) everything was quiet.

So imagine to my surprise when at 1400hrs today i received a whatsapp message with a video of a house gate burning with an O$P$ message next to it.

Luckily there is an npc nearby so i went to make a report.

Sigh ... when will this **** end? Even after two years, this thing is back to bother me. Have to stay strong and alert. My parents are old, if those shits do anything to my home, i'll do anything to protect my home and family

Don't do anything stupid.
Who ask you take people money ?
Lucky you are staying in Singapore and not at other country.
Not bad, change one time got peaceful life for 2 years.
Change number again.;)

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Don't do anything stupid.
Who ask you take people money ?
Lucky you are staying in Singapore and not at other country.
Not bad, change one time got peaceful life for 2 years.
Change number again.;)

Oh no ... i didn't take their money ... after what happened in 2017, im really careful when i see facebook or instagram ads on borrowing money ...

Now if i need cash i go to a credit cooperative for a loan. rates are better than a bank and they genuinely want to help their members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.